VZW site says software update-coming soon

NinerJet9

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Is this old news? I tried looking at the source code and it says 2013. Here's the link: http://m-support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/galaxy nexus.HTML

Hopefully this means we are getting 4.2+

RashadJr088

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on waiting for updates from Verizon... just a waste of time when everyone and their mother is getting the update... I just decided instead of waiting take the risk of rooting my phone and I have to say I'm really enjoying 4.2.1.

with this I basically got rid of some apps I needed for certain things like flashlight and such. 4.2.1 has that built in.. or maybe it's just the rom that has that feature

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

smeghead4269

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I just found out that Google will no longer support CDMA versions of its operating system due to Verizon's policies.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Lose Google Support: Doomsday for Verizon CDMA Phones?
I'm not going deal with Verizon ones my contract up!

That article you linked to is over a year old and isn't entirely relevant anymore. Since that time Google has resumed hosting factory images and binaries and pushed the Jelly Bean (4.1.1) update for the Verizon Nexus. They are still supporting it. Whether Verizon is still supporting it or not is a mystery, but that's nothing new. No one ever seems to know what Verizon is doing, including Verizon. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21