t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Any idea when stock Verizon users can expect an OTA? Big surprise that my gnex is having issues as we near a possible OTA update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, me too. I took my phone out of my pocket this morning and noticed a big android bot on the screen with a green arrow that said start. Then the phone rebooted....? Wtf

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been acting crazy the last couple of days as well. Maybe they are all losing their minds at the same time. I've had mine reboot randomly several times, the audio has stopped working in the middle of several phone calls and while playing music in both Pandora and Google Music and yesterday while driving home I had it in my mount and the screen cut itself in half for about 10 minutes. Top of the screen was normal, bottom was black. When that happened I took it out of the mount and held it in portrait rather than landscape and the screen never rotated.

Maybe they are all excited about an update from Big Red and a hidden ADD function is causing them to be all spastic. I dunno....but it is a little entertaining to anticipate what weird thing will happen next.

Steve Day1968

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
And we waited HOW LONG for this update while Sprint for example got it eons ago!??? Nice going VZW! I know where I'm going to get timely updates and a much less expensive plan.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
For the ones that are waiting for the OTA, when should we start mashing the CHECK NOW button lol?

If not, is it safe to clear data from Google Services Framework? Just like how we were able to go from ICS > JB

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
And we waited HOW LONG for this update while Sprint for example got it eons ago!??? Nice going VZW! I know where I'm going to get timely updates and a much less expensive plan.

Eons.... Aka about a month, that's how long 4.2.2 has been out.
:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
True, but the VZW Nexus did not go straight from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2; they were stuck at 4.1 for a loooong time.

So VZW kept you guys off the buggy updates until things stabilized.. All works out in the end :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy