Cell reception horrible after 4.2.2 update

ogdlow

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed horrible cell coverage after the update... My phone is not even showing any bars and missing calls at home where I used to have full bars.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Verizon is sending a new device tomorrow...we'll see...let the circus begin.

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure horrible is a strong enough word.

Cell reception is pure dung and WiFi, which I never had issues with before, is craptastic as well.

shinerburke

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Do a factory reset and see if that helps.

Been down that road. No help. I got the update this morning a little after 6am, did the reset about noon. I'm going to give it 24 hours or so to see how things go. If it stays the way it is now Big Red will be getting a call.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Been down that road. No help. I got the update this morning a little after 6am, did the reset about noon. I'm going to give it 24 hours or so to see how things go. If it stays the way it is now Big Red will be getting a call.
I get less bars after 4.2.2 but measured signal (dBm and asu) and speedtest are the same as under 4.1.1. So there seems to be a difference in how 4.2.2 reports bars but no real difference in signal strength.

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issues. Got a new Sim cars no help. Got my factory replacement today and buttery goodness is back!!!! However I have to ignore the 4.2.2 update notification every 3 minutes!!!!!

unholycuteness

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
After the update my phone, at first, received terrible reception. Eventually, it received no reception. I took it to the Verizon store and they factory reset it, hard reset it, removed the battery while on and gave me a new sim card. None of the above options worked. Finally, after 2.5 hours of them fiddling around with it, they sent me a new phone (despite me being out of warranty). Of course, now I do not want to update the phone again for fear that I will have to go through the entire ordeal over again. Regardless - it's nice knowing that I was not the only one with this issue.

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Same issue for me. My phone was made in Korea and after the update I was given new sim card...still no different. My replacement arrived, made in China, and worked great...then I updated. Took 2 days of uninstalling exchange services during to consumption issues but now battery is good and signal improved once more. Dumb luck or working out the bugs but no factory reset needed....who knows.

dslduk

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Surprised there hasn't been any posts here since 3/29. I'm having the same problem here. My reception including WiFi gas gone way down since the update. I'm constantly having to turn WiFi off and back on again, or turn LTE off and back on again. Quite friggin annoying. This phone has kinda always had reception issues...but it's almost unbearable now. I certainly don't want to do a factory reset OR get another Galaxy Nexus to have to start all over with. If that's what it's coming down to, then I'll just be getting a different phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463