Bluetooth keeps disconnecting device after 4.2.2 OTA

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This sucks. Never had a problem with my bluetooth before 4.2.2. Now my devices (motorola and plantronics) won't stay connected even right next to the phone.

It happened on the leaked 4.2.2 OTA and now on the official 4.2.2 OTA. It did not happen on 4.1.1 before I updated to the leaked 4.2.2 OTA or when I went back to 4.1.1 to receive the official 4.2.2 OTA.

This I can't live with because I use bluetooth almost exclusively for my calls since the external speaker is so bad.

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Try turning on BT on the phone and then turn on the headset. If that does not work, do the opposite. I don't use BT very often but when I do, it will sync and stay connected. I am also running 4.2 2 on my Nexus.

waldo15

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Something I have noticed on my GNex regarding BT

• When I updated from 4.0 to 4.1, and then to 4.1.1 I had to clear out any BT devices I had in there and pair them up again from scratch. This helped improve connectivity (though not quality of connection).
  • Even in 4.1.1, there are certain instances that if the phone is connected to a hands free/wireless headset it will soft-reboot itself.
  • As of recent, my Jawbone will show up as connected to the phone but yet the phone will not route audio to the Jawbone. Time to remove the headset and pair up again.

I'd suggest you try clearing up your BT stored devices and pair them again. See if that helps with your troubles.

androidluvr2

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
BT in JB is a known issue revert back to 4.1.1

or root and flash a custom rom, isnt that why you have a nexus anyway?
yeah, I need to do that; just testing the 4.2.2 OTA. Although 4.1.1 is JB and the BT worked fine for me on 4.1.1. I don't see how they can release something with such a bug in it. BT is vital!

Amir Kolsky

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I get this after the update without even pairing... I turn BT on. Wait for 30 seconds... Voila - it's off....
Given the Google broke my phone, I really expect them to fix the damn thing.

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Same problems as you. I reverted back to 4.1.1, and everything went back to "normal". My suggestion would be the longer you wait for Verizon to offer a fix, the longer you will be unhappy as it pertains to the functionality that you lost with 4.2.2.

Best of luck!

TONY:)

Alexander Meladze

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Relax, it has nothing to do with custom rom or rooting. i developed that issue ever since i updated to ICS and nothing helps. literally nothing. i have been thru 2 hard resets and upgrade to JB but the problem persists. It is like a rat problem in NYC. seems impossible to get rid of it. I just saw somebody complain about a similar problem on their xparia z or zr. that's a bummer considering it's a brand new phone. BTW, I AM AN EXTREMELY HEAVY BLUETOOTH USER ALSO. Welcome to bluetooth hell!

Sorry couldnt give better news :(

blueglacia

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Razr HD Maxx and used to have bluetooth disconnect problems during the calls. I tried everything I could think of, all in vein. Factory-reset solved the problem only for a while. Finally, I have found that some communication apps like Viber have the nasty habit of asserting itself every few minutes during non-Viber calls and reset both the bluetooth and speakerphone state to the default mode. This causes bluetooth to disconnect or turn off the speakerphone a few minutes into every non-Viber call. If you have an app like Viber, try either freezing it or uninstalling it. Uninstalling Viber was the only permanent solution to my bluetooth disconnect problems.

satendra verma

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
May be you are right. but i have no viber app. in my phone. but the applications i have are Facebook, skype, true caller and WhatsApp. so can you suggest me which application should be uninstall from my phone??

Thanks in advance.....

satendra verma

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys i have a good news for 4.1.2 user.
found the solution for the Bluetooth reboot issue.
Just follow this process
Settings >Power Saving (Under Device) > select close option and that's all.
It's working for me hope this will help you all......

Dominique Vernier

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Disabling the "Power Saving" doesn't made any change for me.
I keep being disconnect, I have to tap "headset" twice for my HM3300 to get connect again and hear sound through my bluetooth device.

amyjo158

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Motorola Photon Q on sprint has this issue with 4.0.4 and 4.1.2

Unpairing and repairing is not a fix.
there is no option that I can see for power saver.

Phone will constantly switch from the Bluetooth or speaker to the handset. the screen says I am still connected to Bluetooth or speaker when I am not. sometimes changing audio sources back again will work for a little bit, but then the screen will be wrong.
sometimes the Bluetooth will be connected and will not work at all.
noticed that my notifications rarely work now too.

recently udated from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 but I was having these same issues prior to update.
really need a fix. cannot get a thing done all day without Bluetooth or speaker. going crazy.

amyjo158

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Motorola Photon Q on sprint has this issue with 4.0.4 and 4.1.2

Just saw and app in google play that claims may help called "Bluetooth keepalive" do you think this may help? if so what about the speaker getting shut off too?

Daniel Okubo

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi amyjo158, I'm facing the same problem with my Xperia SP. No device keep stable by bluetooth connection, switch constanly between BT and speaker. I tried "bluetooth Keepalive" and did not work properly. Please, let me know if worked for you.
Thanks.

lowenuf

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Update to 4.3! I'm running the shiny 4.3 ROM with no issues BT or other. There's also a shiny 4.4 ROM that I may try soon but my phone is so much better that I'm not in a hurry. Battery got better too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12