No data after 4.2.2 update

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Updated this morning. Like some have said the phone is very hot. I started the system monitor app and it is showing both CPU's moving between the 80% and 100% range with next to no apps running.

Then I discovered that I have data over WiFi but absolutely nothing over 3G or 4G just no data and no indicator in the status bar. I did remove the battery but that did not solve the problem.

I've read that people say to reset your phone. I think this is done with some combination of pushing the volume and on button on the phone but I am not sure.
Also what does this mean? Does it mean it will restore the image to the phone but erase all apps and data. This will be the 4.2.2 image? I guess any apps I purchased will see be in the app store since many of the apps on the phone are also on my Nexus 7

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning took phone off charger powered on and 4g returned. Phone was still consuming battery and running hot. checked running apps 1 or 2 running but CPUs at 80 to 90%.

Checked battery use and found Google maps using close to 30% even though I had not been using maps. Searched a few more threads found another person with the map problem so I followed his advice and uninstalled it. Powered phone off put it on charger again for an hour.

Powered on a while ago and the problem seems resolved. Seems that Google maps reinstalled itself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool