Bluetooth won't turn on after 4.2.2 OTA update

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Title says it all. Any attempt to turn Bluetooth on fails. Was working fine before the OTA.

Sorry the title doesnt tell me much, so when you toggle the bluetooth it goes from on to off? or is it on and you are not finding any pairable devices? or is it showing you devices but it wont pair?

Montclair

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same situation. Unlocked and rooted, running stock. After 4.2.2 OTA, bluetooth will not go on at all. Can't see any devices because it will not leave "off" mode.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Sorry the title doesnt tell me much, so when you toggle the bluetooth it goes from on to off? or is it on and you are not finding any pairable devices? or is it showing you devices but it wont pair?
The bluetooth switch shows off. When I touch it to turn bluetooth on, the switch briefly shows on and then immediately switches back to off. It appears that the "To see devices..." message in the center of the screen changes to something else but it changes back way to quickly to even begin to read it.

mynock

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Exact same issue.

Still looking for a solution as well... Short of a full device reset.

I'll try the long battery pull, but do not see that resolving the issue either.

hcrspec

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 7 OTA upgrade to 4.2.2, killed the ability to use Bluetooth audio. Connects and immediately disconnects. Sure hope Google can fix this problem right away.

mzdrati

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Same thing on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. It's a deal breaker for me. I will not touch or look at my phone while I'm driving (and I drive for a living) so I'm going to have to learn how to unlock and flash 4.1.1 (the last OS version that consistently worked for me). I'll miss the other upgrades that 4.2.2 brought, but handsfree phone is a must.

thenixdown

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I also finally got mine working the same way as Montclair, though I used a command line instead for fun. I'm sure it's way easier with ES File Explorer, though. I saw it first here: Solved Bluetooth issue of 4.2.1 OTA - xda-developers

Such a simple problem with a simple fix (if rooted), I can't believe Verizon (and Google) didn't fix it... they need someone to look at the forums to see the problems and fixes people have found.

Edited: Esp since this fix has been around since late December...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams