VZW 4.2.2 vs. CM 10.1

JBN311

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I switched back to the VZW JB update when it came available to me a few days ago. I kept it for a day, but I realized there are little things I like better about the CyenogenMod update.

For example:
I like the press and hold feature on the entire keyboard than just the numbers on the VZW.

I also like the clear feature on the recent pages button, because I hate having to individually clear each item out.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

JBN311

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see any point in switching back to the Verizon version, what does it have that CM doesn't have? What we do know is that when Google pushes the next update we won't see it from Verizon for months, if ever, so it's easier to stay with CM if you want to have the latest code on your phone.

JBN311

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya.

I tried to put CM back on my phone and something is not working right.....I am using Wug's tool kit. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong????

Thanks,
JBN

mobilemedic20

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I like CM 10.1 better. One big thing is the ability to choose which tiles are in the quick settings thing, which I like. Plus, CM10.1 keeps the status bar quick settings (i.e. when you pull the bar down, at the top in a row are toggle icons for wifi, bluetooth, etc. - saves an extra click/motion from having to go to the stock quick settings screen, and you can choose what buttons are there and how they're ordered).

Plus CM10.1 has the usual extra features that make it good. For me it was a no brainer, I'm on the latest M-version (March) of CM10.1 and it's awesome. Haven't looked back to the AOSP.