Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What was the events leading up to this happening?

3rd party keyboard?

Rooted?

The more info the better.

Thanks.

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting this error too and am trying different things to see if I can't work through it. I am trying to flash AOKP milestone 1 with the 20130313 gapps package. I will post back if I can figure out the problem I am having and see if it helps you at all

Wheels309

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My problem was solved when redownloading my rom from a different source. My flashes were never broken, but I could tell as soon as I flashed the rom the final time that it was going to be better.

If your problem isn't with flashing a rom, in my search for answers, I came across clearing data for the AOSP keyboard in the apps menu.(settings>apps>all>) and clearing the data for a dictionary. (I could never find the dictionary.

Jerry Chaix

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was having the problem of getting a "Samsung keyboard stopped" message on my Note II, and then started getting a "Samsung music player stopped" as well, which locked up the keyboard. I was able to get rid of these by going to settings and clicking on the keyboard and music player in application manager and then clicking on "uninstall updates". Unfortunately, it seems I'll have to do this every time I restart.

suresh R

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Even i got this error and found the solution.. Go to Settings>App>ALL> select the android keyboard and clear the cache and this is solve the problem and you can use the keyboard..:) Enjoy the Google nexus 4

GP1208

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Nexus 4s had just received this problem. I have had the phone for about one year now. Recently, I have been told that my Google Play Services aren't working, then shortly after the Android keypad stopped working. I have tried to factory reset it (using the volume keys) and reboot. However nothing seems to be working.... Help please???

GP1208

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have tried the above methods as well, however nothing has helped :(
My Samsung Nexus 4s had just received this problem. I have had the phone for about one year now. Recently, I have been told that my Google Play Services aren't working, then shortly after the Android keypad stopped working. I have tried to factory reset it (using the volume keys) and reboot. However nothing seems to be working.... Help please???

Carolee James

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
With the ASOP keyboard has stopped working.

Show your apps. Find "Manage Apps", this will show all your running apps. Bottom right, (on my ZTE), shows "Sort by size" & "Reset app preferences", choose "Reset app preferences". Then "Reset apps". It worked for me without factory resetting, or saving apps I've purchased to my SD card. Hope this works.

Bowtieluvr

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
With the ASOP keyboard has stopped working.

Show your apps. Find "Manage Apps", this will show all your running apps. Bottom right, (on my ZTE), shows "Sort by size" & "Reset app preferences", choose "Reset app preferences". Then "Reset apps". It worked for me without factory resetting, or saving apps I've purchased to my SD card. Hope this works.

Sam Valiant

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, I have an SIII running Cyanogen 10.2 stable and I'm getting this error.

I have tried disabling the, dictionary, and clearing the data on the andriod keyboard. And still I have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke