Switch?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Razr MAXX and an thinking of ditching it for a used Galaxy Nexus..

Reasons:
Since JB it runs like crap
Since ICS the battery life is very average
The LCD screen is bad
slooooow camera shutter

Reasons I shouldn't:
Camera on Galaxy Nexus is only 5mp (but is it really any worse than the MAXX's?)
Weak rear speaker on the GN
Smaller battery

Any former RAZR/Maxx owners out there?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

nigeljennings

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I had a razr maxx and was able to return it due to sound sound muted for no reason. I love my Nexus only real downside is you need a good case to protect it. You make the nexus like you want it the razor works acts and looks how motorola want it to. Only thing I miss is the great battery and loud speaker, when it worked! But a extended battery is due out soon for nexus :-D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I love my GN, well everything but the battery! You will hate it for sure coming from that phone. Under heavy use I can kill my battery in a little over 2 hours! But I can get good pictures with the camera LOL

Tapatalk mofo

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can kill my Maxx in 3-4 hours of heavy use, believe it or not.. What is your typical battery life when 75% is standby and the other 25% is light use?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can kill my Maxx in 3-4 hours of heavy use, believe it or not.. What is your typical battery life when 75% is standby and the other 25% is light use?

I tried a couple weeks ago to try and save it as much as possible so easy less then 25% use and it completely died in less then 6 hours.

Tapatalk mofo

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I tried a couple weeks ago to try and save it as much as possible so easy less then 25% use and it completely died in less then 6 hours.

Tapatalk mofo

Was that with low screen brightness, no background data/minimal notifications, etc?

It's starting to seem like maybe I shouldn't switch phones, if the average battery life is 6-8 hours!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Was that with low screen brightness, no background data/minimal notifications, etc?

It's starting to seem like maybe I shouldn't switch phones, if the average battery life is 6-8 hours!

The 6 hours was with me using the phone maybe at most 30 minutes. The only thing that was turned off was WiFi, was still getting emails, txts etc... But like I said only had the screen on maybe 30 minutes so although I was getting those I really want responding etc..

I keep my screen on 20% brightness most of the time, if not on 20 is lower. And my avg is not 6 to 8, I would say the avg is about 4 hours at best if I use the phone at all.

Tapatalk mofo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37