Biding my time until I can escape the VZW shackles and get a new phone. In the meantime, my Nexus has become extremely laggy and now unstable. It was so laggy, that I decided to change some build properties that would supposedly make things faster. To do that, I unlocked the boot loader and rooted. This started the downward spiral of boot loops and one extended period where the device wouldn't even boot at all. Since the initial settings change, I have reflashed stock and now just installed Build 7 of SlimBean 4.2.2. In allcases the device worked OK for a day or so and then began the reboot sequence. After rebooting, it will be responsive for about 30 seconds and then will freeze (not respond to touch) before rebooting again. Any recommendations on what to do next? Thanks - Chris
    07-17-2013 12:52 PM
    If you just unlocked the boot loader and rooted, why screw with any build prop settings? Did you try just wiping and flashing a different ROM other than SlimBean? If you freshly wiped and install a stable ROM, you should be golden. I know this is probably over simplifying everything. I am not aware of the depth of your knowledge of Romming so excuse me if I have offended you. I was just assuming that since you just now unlocked it, you may not have that much experience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-17-2013 05:10 PM
    No offense taken. I have some additional experience with other devices, but I am not an expert. I have tried reflashing stock as well as SlimBean, both with the same result. Do you think another ROM would work?
    07-17-2013 06:50 PM
    I have always had good luck with Euroskank. You can download the AOKP or the CM 10.1 version on his site. Just do a factory reset first to clear out everything.
    http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/?rom=cm10&device=toro
    Every device reacts differently to different ROMs. Make sure you download the latest gapps as well if you don't already have them handy.
    Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-19-2013 05:48 PM
    I have terrible stability problems with SlimBean whether or not I have edited any build properties. Have you tried something more stable such as CyanogenMod?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy tab with Android 4.2.2
    07-19-2013 06:15 PM
    SlimBean was good for about a week before it started rebooting. I could be crazy, but I see a correlation between using Google Music and the boot loop starting. Just installed CM 10.1.0RC5. Seems good so far.
    07-28-2013 04:17 PM
    Android 4.2 definitely isn't a great experience on the Galaxy Nexus. I recently rolled back to CM10.0 (Android 4.1.2) and it's MUCH snappier. I played with Android 4.3 the other day, it's fantastic on the Galaxy Nexus. If CM 10.1 gives you issues, try CM 10.0 for a while until a stable version of CM 10.2 (Android 4.3) rolls out. I'm a Verizon user by necessity and depending on how CM 10.2 looks, I may not upgrade for a while longer.
    07-31-2013 03:21 PM