Need a GPS app

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I need a GPS type app that will allow me to input an address or use my current position and then let me search for services nearby such as restaurants, gas stations, attractions, etc.

Google maps use to do this but the newest version does not, not that I can see anyway.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
there was an app that used to do this but i dont see it around anymore unfortunately.

you can dl separate apps to do what u need (i knw its inconvenient bc u have to jump in between apps) but theres gas buddy for fuel, urban spoon for food and then google now for events/attractions around you. now that i think of it, google now should be able to do all that with ease by inputting what your looking for in its search bar

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Maps does that for me. I just searched Gas Station and am able to swipe through all of the closest ones.

Screenshot_2013-07-23-13-26-51.png

I have used Poynt too, tho.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Google Maps still does that.
Open Maps
Tap the blank search bar at the top
This will take you to a new screen that has a "Explore" box and a "Services" box that you can use to find these things.

hritter415

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I found a very good app for suggesting restaurants based on your individual tastes. Its call Gvidi and it uses special algorithms to suggest places to eat that fit your personal preferences instead of just suggesting the most popular places. I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah and its free, and just came out for Android

Here is the link for the download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gvidi-your-personal-guide/id556808198?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Hope this helps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01