Droid Life posted this:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/07...fications-app/

Active Display .apk for download from playstore for amoled phones
    08-07-2013 11:26 AM
    Droid Life posted this:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/07...fications-app/

Active Display .apk for download from playstore for amoled phones
    I downloaded, and while it behaves a similar, it is not the same. The notification does not pulse at an increasing interval, rather it just stays on. That makes me worried about battery impact, esp on my GN. It also is not contextually aware, so it does not know when it is removed from my pocket. I am going to play with it some more, but so far it leaves me wanting the real thing from Moto.

I am curious about others experience and any tweaking. I find that I need to turn off notifications from many of my apps.
    08-07-2013 01:35 PM
    I agree. I will be waiting for something a little more like the actual implementation. This is a good first start and I'll bet it gets better once devs get ahold of the Moto X.

Hopefully they are able to activate specific pixels like Moto has done on AMOLED. I read the Galaxy Nexus' screen doesn't have this tech.
    08-07-2013 03:02 PM
    I agree. I will be waiting for something a little more like the actual implementation. This is a good first start and I'll bet it gets better once devs get ahold of the Moto X.

Hopefully they are able to activate specific pixels like Moto has done on AMOLED. I read the Galaxy Nexus' screen doesn't have this tech.
    It looks like they are only activating the necessary pixels, mine are just staying lit until I dismiss. That makes me worry about burn in and wasted battery. Also, I have some work to do to turn off many of the programs I don't want notifications from.

It is slick, and I am sure the DEV is working on it.
    08-07-2013 09:01 PM