Poll: You a Verizon Customer waiting for Galaxy SII?

You holding out for "GS2" on Verizon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe. It is on the short list. I am kinda still happy with the X. Getting GB sure makes it nice. I am considering I phone 5 or nexus "next." Lots of choices...

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea I was all set to break down and get the charge but then delays hit and I was shocked... ... ...

Now I'm really hung up on this phone if it's lte or not... really love the features and design. Loved the charges physical keys tho...

I know ill end I'll rooting so I can rom and overclock, and my guess is setup like that the s2 might even hover towards lte like speeds for normal usage of airwaves. Big downloads excluded.

The bio-rga also seriously has given me pause but with literally no info about its release or revamped features beyond rampant speculation on the forums makes waiting torturous... then again we really have no definite info if the s2 is on verizon/not, has lte/doesn't, or when its going to release...

I'm holding out for the may 24th event and hoping for a miracle simultaneous multicarrier release...

I can't get any work done cause all I can think about is this!!!!

To wrap up I'd like to see a discussion on which phone do u all think will be most dominate when rooted, rommed and kerneled out to its Max overclocked state.. take into account lte vs. Non-lte possibilities. And also having the phone over 2 years of a contract.

Not to mention tiered data. Although i imagine the equivalent $30 package on tiered data will have a fairly high threshold of gigs.

Considerations:
Charge (lte w/ single core overclocked)
S2 (most likely non lte but dual core over clocked)
Bionic/targa (best of both but no SAMOLED+ or timeframe other than summer)

Sorry for long post ... prolly should have made this its own thread (or three), but I'm way overtired and should be sleeping but tapatalking on my OG Droid instead...

All right people, let it rip there's a ways to go before may 24!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Gonna wait for the SGS2 on Verizon. Thought about switching carriers but get really good signal where I live with Verizon. My upgrade isn't until Sept anyways so who knows what will be out by then.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
There has not even been any Mention or Leaks that the GS2 is even coming to Verizon from anyone. At least Verizon said something about the Targa/Bionic coming but nothing about this phone. Nothing from the Panda or the Leaks nothing only just Speculation that they would do it because the did it with the old Galaxy S.. Oh though this is a good phone with Best screen I ever seen. Retna what? Just to have some kind of proof would make people feel better about it.. To get our hopes up for the GS2 and it will not be released by Verizon will be a terrible let down.. Just waiting for some kind of solid proof. All we heard is that it is not a 4G phone and again that is not solid news.. I need a phone that is LTE and Dual core if I am going to have it for 2 Years.

Last edited:

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Preacher problem with buying an LTE device this year is that the equipment is poor. There are A LOT of problems and I'm not up for dealing with that for 2 years. I was in your camp months ago. An LTE device was a must but as I see it now its a technology that is still way too young and unreliable. Sometime next year the good LTE handsets will start to arrive and that's when I may use my other upgrade to purchase. 2 years is a LOONNNG time to be dealing with problematic equipment.

What will be very telling is how the Charge performs. I'd recommend you watch that roll-out and subsequent problems if any.

Sent from my Droid

Reactions: orchidsbloom

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Why is it that the European Samsung devices dont have the update issues we have in the states? Everyone says its Samsung's fault, but isnt it the carrier that determines when the devices get them?

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Samsung registered names for the galaxy S2 in america and you can find it by using google. All I remember is the att version is going to be called ATTain. The galaxy line will always come to all carriers that's the point of this phone. Just like the first one arrived as captivate, fascinate and vibrant so does this one come with its own flair and names

http://forum.androidcentral.com/796542-post4.html

Here ya go attain(at&t) function ( verizon) and within? ?

sent from my Atrix

Reactions: orchidsbloom

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
There will be a S2 device on Verizon.. now what its called and when it will arrive I dont know. But sammy is planning the same "all carriers" approach as the original device.

Cept this time I hope it doesnt have BING.. :p

Benny879

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
There will be a S2 device on Verizon.. now what its called and when it will arrive I dont know. But sammy is planning the same "all carriers" approach as the original device.

Great news...thanks for the insider info Panda. Looking forward to 5/24 :)

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I already got a Thunderbolt. I might sell it to get the Galaxy S2 when it comes out, which is most likely around August. But I do have an upgrade in November, so I might just skip it for hopefully something amazing from Motorola, unlocked.

dblaneyfan

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
There has not even been any Mention or Leaks that the GS2 is even coming to Verizon from anyone. At least Verizon said something about the Targa/Bionic coming but nothing about this phone. Nothing from the Panda or the Leaks nothing only just Speculation that they would do it because the did it with the old Galaxy S...

Panda has tweeted about the GS2:

"Up early to hit the gym.. got a samsung galaxy S2 to play with.. this is the device that shld have been the charge.." - @black_man_x , May 1, 2011

Followed by:

"... as for coming to vzw? Well sadly I don't have info to say what version we will get.." - @black_man_x , May 1.

He has mentioned that he doubts that Samsung can shoehorn a lte radio in the current thin version of the phone.

JS

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Panda delivers! Your impression of the phone is appreciated!

I'm inclined to hold out on LTE until we get a more power efficient design.

If SGS2 has 2.3 and everything else is good, I might get it even without LTE. Although I do live in a 4G area.
Not sure what I'd think of Bionic in comparison to SGS2 if Bionic came with 1 GB RAM, unlocked, and good battery life...

Sent with my thumbs.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting on the charge. After reading reviews for the sgsII, it has set some doubts into my mind. Plus the recent delay dont sit too well.
I may get the charge then sell it for the II. Is what im doing with my 6 month old fasc to get the charge.
This smartphone stuff is like the expensive mantoys we play with(cars, bikes, whatever) and so if youre passionate about any hobby, you suck it up and fork out the cash right?

Last edited:

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I want this phone and want it badly, I have been up for an upgrade for 6 months now waiting for dual cores to hit the market and this one specifically when specs came out.

However, I really donno if I can wait till the end of the year as I still have the original storm which leaves so much to be desired. Brb, I gotta pull the battery on my Storm because it's frozen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21