Poll: You a Verizon Customer waiting for Galaxy SII?

You holding out for "GS2" on Verizon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
There will be a S2 device on Verizon.. now what its called and when it will arrive I dont know. But sammy is planning the same "all carriers" approach as the original device.

Cept this time I hope it doesnt have BING.. :p

If it turns out to be the fascinate 2 then ill hold off, I am wanting a true galaxy 2 device with google not bing. I know its gonna get rooted anyway but still.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The release shouldn't be too far off. Approximately 2.5-3 months out.......

Are you basing this estimate using the release timeframe of the Galaxy S phones? Or some other information? If Verizon decides to put an LTE radio in it, then I could see it being pushed out much further. Although, I doubt that they'd do that at this point.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you basing this estimate using the release timeframe of the Galaxy S phones? Or some other information? If Verizon decides to put an LTE radio in it, then I could see it being pushed out much further. Although, I doubt that they'd do that at this point.

Other info.....

As with all releases things can change but lets hope this time frame sticks . I'm hoping they push for a quicker release on it.

Sent from my Droid

Reactions: DolfanCole

BBLV

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon f's around with the SG2 release, I'm heading to T-Mobile... 100% serious. I'm done with Verizon and their ****ty "high-end" offerings. Thunderbolt?? Seriously?? Look at what the other carriers are putting out right now Verizon...

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
:) BBLV I feel your aggravation. I've been sitting on an upgrade since August of last year and my other line is up in July. Verizon's line-up is so poor I haven't been able to lull the trigger on anything Android related.

Its so frustrating to see ALL the high end Android devices go elsewhere. Luckily I really want this device or there would be nothing else worth getting. I dont blame you bro for moving on if they delay it. The worst equipment on Americas most reliable network wears thin after a while.

Sent from my Droid

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The SGS2 looks great, even considered jumping to AT&T for it but I may likely get the Charge and when this comes along sell the Charge and get the SGS2. Seems like we are all trying to beat the clock with the unlimited data issue Verizon stated would end by summer.

I just want a phone that has solid performance and the OS isn't a year behind. I have considering buying a used DX, new DX2, waiting on the D3, Bionic or just get the Charge. LTE sounds great, but as every has seen and comments on LTE may not be worth the jump this year.

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The SGS2 looks great, even considered jumping to AT&T for it but I may likely get the Charge and when this comes along sell the Charge and get the SGS2. Seems like we are all trying to beat the clock with the unlimited data issue Verizon stated would end by summer.

I just want a phone that has solid performance and the OS isn't a year behind. I have considering buying a used DX, new DX2, waiting on the D3, Bionic or just get the Charge. LTE sounds great, but as every has seen and comments on LTE may not be worth the jump this year.

I would not buy the charge, that phone is a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwFfhzXbiv4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt3w7shf7TA

Watching these videos I came away disappointed in the charge. We all knew it would not be worth the high price but the lag and the issues with the browser. I would rather have battery issues then lag issues. I can fix the battery issue by getting a bigger battery, lag issues you would have to hope a dev make a rom or the oem send out an ota (which we know samsung's rep with updating vzw's phones.).

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The SGS2 Seems like we are all trying to beat the clock with the unlimited data issue Verizon stated would end by summer.

With the issues with LTE how can they stop the Unlimited Data. I would think they would have to wait until LTE is fixed.

Arizone

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My Blackberry is currently crapping out on me and I've been ready to upgrade to a real smartphone for awhile now. The Galaxy S2 sounds amazing I really hope I don't have to wait for long. There are a few other phones coming out hopefully soon too that I hope turn out well between LTE and great hardware.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hearing Googles new plan for development guidelines so phones get faster updates gives me hope that Samsung will overcome the major issue I have with them as far as getting timely updates. More and more I'm warming up to the idea of getting the SII even if it means no LTE for me. Like I said over in the Bionic area of the forums, I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are like for that phone. If it has major issues and the SII isn't going to take forever and a day to come to Verizon, then I'll get the SII and be happy.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Of course Google didn't say when that guarantee would begin and I have a feeling its post Google IO or once IC 3.4 hits. While it was nice to see the big names up there, its also bad to see them as well. Do you honestly think the mfg's or carriers want you to get updates and keep a device for 18 months let alone support it with software updates.

There is one simple way for every mfg and carrier to insure quick, easy and timely updates. Go vanilla AOSP, and make your skin a simple overlay like any other launcher. You can put apps on the phone that work well as replacement apps for the user to play with. Of course bloatware and stuff will always be a problem.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I can do without LTE its nice but eh its not a deal breaker

I still have just over a year to wait for my upgrade (unless I switch it around with others in the house) so LTE is gonna be my deal breaker. Of course the Fascinate has set the bar for A LOT of things very high and whatever phone will have to include most of them.

For instance, I am not sure if I can go backwards on the screen. I used my daughters TB for a day and just couldnt get used to how...dull...it looked compared to mine.

How easy it is to root and brick is another factor....

EDIT: and I am in no rush, LTE doesnt even get to my area until at least November/December which means February in VZW terms

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Before, LTE was a must for my next phone too especially since it is already in my area, but now I would much rather have that thin form factor, less of a delay trying to get it to work right on LTE and the battery savings. By the next time I upgrade it will be quad cores and LTE for sure as the perfect the system. In the mean time I am jonesing for this phone big time and I just may go to the first carrier that gets it.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Of course Google didn't say when that guarantee would begin and I have a feeling its post Google IO or once IC 3.4 hits. While it was nice to see the big names up there, its also bad to see them as well. Do you honestly think the mfg's or carriers want you to get updates and keep a device for 18 months let alone support it with software updates.

There is one simple way for every mfg and carrier to insure quick, easy and timely updates. Go vanilla AOSP, and make your skin a simple overlay like any other launcher. You can put apps on the phone that work well as replacement apps for the user to play with. Of course bloatware and stuff will always be a problem.

You have a good point, I'm sure they don't want to, but do they have a choice? Because phones are becoming like computers and constantly changing, and consequently increasing in price($300 for a Samsung Charge, really?), people are becoming quite annoyed with the way they are nickel and dimed over everything. Manufacturers are going to see a lot less people buying their phones unless it is top notch and likely to be supported for a while. Carriers are doing everything they can to lock people into two year contracts, if people are going to be stuck with a phone for that long then changes need to be made and support needs to be given. The average person is not going to go through the hassle of selling their current phone and buying a new one at retail. I think we are going to see a lot more unhappy people if companies don't make some more sacrifices of their own.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't vote on the poll because none of the choices seemed appropriate for me. It's between this and the Bionic. If the GSII ends up being 4G, then I'm definitely going with that. If not, probably Bionic...assuming the Bionic doesn't have the Targa hump. If it does, I've got a difficult choice to make: "Suffer" with a 3G GSII or "suffer" with the 4G humpty-hump. Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze