Poll: You a Verizon Customer waiting for Galaxy SII?

You holding out for "GS2" on Verizon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I didn't vote on the poll because none of the choices seemed appropriate for me. It's between this and the Bionic. If the GSII ends up being 4G, then I'm definitely going with that. If not, probably Bionic...assuming the Bionic doesn't have the Targa hump. If it does, I've got a difficult choice to make: "Suffer" with a 3G GSII or "suffer" with the 4G humpty-hump. Decisions, decisions...

You and me are thinking much the same way. I'm gonna wait and weigh the "new" Bionic and the GSII. Although I may not weigh the LTE capability as much as you do though. I'm not in an LTE area yet, and with the issues they've been having with it, it may be best to wait for the 2nd generation LTE radios and such to get everything worked out. So, I'm probably leaning towards the GSII unless the Bionic really steps up.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
You and me are thinking much the same way. I'm gonna wait and weigh the "new" Bionic and the GSII. Although I may not weigh the LTE capability as much as you do though. I'm not in an LTE area yet, and with the issues they've been having with it, it may be best to wait for the 2nd generation LTE radios and such to get everything worked out. So, I'm probably leaning towards the GSII unless the Bionic really steps up.

I hear you about possibly waiting for 2nd gen LTE...certainly makes sense. CK has echoed that, as well. I'm not sure I have the willpower to wait though, ha ha. That GSII is damn sexy though...

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I hear you about possibly waiting for 2nd gen LTE...certainly makes sense. CK has echoed that, as well. I'm not sure I have the willpower to wait though, ha ha. That GSII is damn sexy though...

Yeah, you, me, and CK are in very similar boats. We'll see who can hold out the longest. :)

Another consideration is the tiered data pricing. If Verizon moves to tiered pricing before the GSII comes out, that may influence me as well to buy a Bionic before it goes into effect with the hopes of getting "grandfathered" in.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely consider selling my tbolt to get this phone if it has lte. Also would need to keep my unlimited data plan if i buy it off contract.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you, me, and CK are in very similar boats. We'll see who can hold out the longest. :)

Another consideration is the tiered data pricing. If Verizon moves to tiered pricing before the GSII comes out, that may influence me as well to buy a Bionic before it goes into effect with the hopes of getting "grandfathered" in.

Yah, I had been feeling pressured to do everything possible to make a move before the tiered pricing kicked in too...until I realized that the tiered pricing might actually benefit me considering my usage. Currently, I pay $30 for unlimited data, as you know. I barely use 1GB of data per month though. Now, I don't know how the tiered pricing will be structured, but I hope it's something equivalent to $10 per GB. If that's the case, I could do 2GB for $20 a month. That saves me $10 a month. I figure, worst case, I'm stuck paying the same $30 a month I am now, but for something less than unlimited. Assuming the "less" gives me at least 2GB to play with, I can live with that. I just don't want my bill to go up.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yah, I had been feeling pressured to do everything possible to make a move before the tiered pricing kicked in too...until I realized that the tiered pricing might actually benefit me considering my usage. Currently, I pay $30 for unlimited data, as you know. I barely use 1GB of data per month though. Now, I don't know how the tiered pricing will be structured, but I hope it's something equivalent to $10 per GB. If that's the case, I could do 2GB for $20 a month. That saves me $10 a month. I figure, worst case, I'm stuck paying the same $30 a month I am now, but for something less than unlimited. Assuming the "less" gives me at least 2GB to play with, I can live with that. I just don't want my bill to go up.

Yeah, I don't use that much either (heck, I have a BlackBerry and dread using the browser for anything that's not essential). But I know that once I switch to Android, my usage will go up considerably. Also, others have speculated that after going to LTE, their data usage would go up. I tend to agree with that notion, because if I could use LTE, I would probably use it more so than a 3G connection. It'll be interesting to see where the tiers end up and their prices for each.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I said Pfft....Not interested in it.

I really want the Galaxy S II but am not going to switch to Verizon to get it. Why can't I get it instead on Sprint?

So I am very interested in the Galaxy S II but I don't want to pay the extra $1000 it would cost to have my family on Verizon for two years...

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Maverik

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I was dead set on getting a thunderbolt until I saw a few vids on this phone. I would really like this one to be my first LTE phone but if it's not LTE then I shall be looking for another :(

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
hellz yeah!!! thunderwhat??? S2 makes thunderbolt look like a motorola cliq!

thunderbolt owners=suckers!!

im so glad i held off of the TB. it is the first time i have excercised my restraint concerning new electronic gadgets and phones. some of my internal battle was documented here. after it was released it made it alot easier to hold off. lots off bugs, 4g issues, HTC sensation announcement whith much better specs.

ive always been an htc guy and think sense makes android. especially as it approaches the 3.o grade level. i will miss it. but ill be damn if this S2 doesnt have every single thing i could possibly want in a phone except NFC, which truly is not a big deal for me. im a little worried about updates but have to say i think they learned their lesson and do not want to travel down that road again. i cant wait.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i will win this one :) I'm about 99% done with the Bionic. Ill completely pass if/when its announced with WebTop....

Sent from my Droid

you know you dont have to actually buy the web top right! im not sure why that would affect your buying decision. there is a good chance it will have it as CEO announce it is something the majority of new moto phones will have access to.

jorGeorge

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm a long-time user on CrackBerry (currently rocking a Bold 9650 on VZW) but have decided to jump ship in the coming months. This device looks very promising and hopefully it comes out sooner than later.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
but ill be damn if this S2 doesnt have every single thing i could possibly want in a phone except NFC, which truly is not a big deal for me.

I just copied and pasted this from Samsung's offiicial GSII "Feature" page:

NFC (Near Field Communication)
Leave your wallet at home. The Samsung GALAXY S II has it in hand. It will house NFC short-range high frequency wireless communication technology for contactless credit card payments. It can communicate with existing smartcards and readers and is compatible with existing contactless infrastructure for public transportation and payment systems. Use NFC for secure purchasing, ticket reservations, as a transit pass, or even for electronic door entry. You can even scan smart tags on posters or billboards to download the details to your phone. That’s Samsung smart!..

Direct Link: Samsung GALAXY S II

Scroll down to the bottom of the 3rd page and enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: edoublediz

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
you know you dont have to actually buy the web top right! im not sure why that would affect your buying decision. there is a good chance it will have it as CEO announce it is something the majority of new moto phones will have access to.

I think CK was talking about the way the Atrix is made. 512MB DDR2 Webtop Dock and 512MB DDR2 Phone. I do not want that either. I want it to be 1G DDR2 Straight Phone. Not use half of it for Webtop Dock.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I think CK was talking about the way the Atrix is made. 512MB DDR2 Webtop Dock and 512MB DDR2 Phone. I do not want that either. I want it to be 1G DDR2 Straight Phone. Not use half of it for Webtop Dock.

Exactly what I was referring to. WebTop is useless bloat.

To add insult to injury they make the customer then have to purchase a $100.00+ accessory to make use of the "feature". Beside me having no interest in the gimmick it sucks up precious resources. I dont want a resource hog on my handset.....

Sent from my Droid

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
i got ya! but still it doesnt matter. the bionic only has 512 anyway. not to mention it doesnt seem like it would hog resources when you are not using it. anyway, who cares SGS2 Baby!!!!!!!!