If this comes to Verizon with 4G and WITHOUT Bing then wow

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I would pay a lot for it :)

If its 3G and without Bing I might still be in even though I am itching for 4G so bad.

If it has Bing then I wont consider.

TBH, I have been sleeping on this phone until today and am now googling the crap out of it. I can't stand that Carriers never give definitive release dates and when they do they always delay. I need this phone now :'(

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There is a Samsung event coming up, and most believe it will be like last year's event which announced the original SGS line.

And even if it does come with Bing, this phone will have a large developer base and is easily modable, so it won't take long to get Bing off. IIRC, when the Fascinate came out last September it only took 24 hours to be rooted and deBinged

Reactions: shipwrestler125

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that it will be released for Verizon this summer, and will be a LTE device. :D

I could see it coming this summer, although probably late summer. However, I highly doubt it'll be an LTE device. The current generation of LTE radio will not fit in the current GSII case.

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been thinking about it all day and after reading the second post don't care about if it has Bing or not, (this is the only device I would make that statement about), however I really want 4G. If this comes out as 3G and there is nothing that wows me at that time that is 4G then I am going to have another 3G phone, sigh.

Anyone know if that upcoming Samsung event in New York City on May 24, 2011 is open to the public?

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I could see it coming this summer, although probably late summer. However, I highly doubt it'll be an LTE device. The current generation of LTE radio will not fit in the current GSII case.

True, but the Charge is only 1/10 of an inch thicker and it has a LTE radio, so a slight modifcation to the current case could make it work! I hope and pray!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
True, but the Charge is only 1/10 of an inch thicker and it has a LTE radio, so a slight modifcation to the current case could make it work! I hope and pray!

That's a little surprising as the GSII looks so thin, although the Charge does have that bevel on the bottom to make it slightly thicker. But, 0.13-inches (or about 4 mm) can be a big distinction in the male measurement system compact electronics.

tmacfan4321

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
It would be sweet if Samsung could release an LTE variant for Verizon, but I doubt that they will. They just released the Droid Charge, so I don't see how or why they would be compelled to do so. I really hope that they figure out how to get an LTE radio into without hacking its nice profile up too much.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It would be sweet if Samsung could release an LTE variant for Verizon, but I doubt that they will. They just released the Droid Charge, so I don't see how or why they would be compelled to do so.
There are many reasons why they would. Don't be surprised if it shows up as LTE compatible.

Sent from my Droid

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm already thinking of getting this phone over the Bionic even though I want LTE, if this somehow ends up getting LTE then I'm definitely getting it over the Bionic. After watching some Youtube videos, I was absolutely stunned by how well the phone was working.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The SGSII with LTE would pretty much rape any other phone on the market. I can only hope that this turns out to be an LTE phone.

It won't be. The leak that brought out the names of the different US versions pretty much confirms that it will not be LTE.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got the Charge a week ago and stumbled upon these sub forums. I had no hope the GSII would have LTE. Now I'm torn between returning the Charge and waiting for the GSII (14 days). Is there any relative concrete info on when the GSII will be released? I definitely want LTE.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got the Charge a week ago and stumbled upon these sub forums. I had no hope the GSII would have LTE. Now I'm torn between returning the Charge and waiting for the GSII (14 days). Is there any relative concrete info on when the GSII will be released? I definitely want LTE.

Nothing concrete, but I would bet a significant amount of money that it will not be out in the next 14 days. Not sure if that's what you meant, though.

There's also nothing even close to definite regarding LTE in the SGS2. In fact, I'd say the chances are better that it will not have LTE.

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Nothing concrete, but I would bet a significant amount of money that it will not be out in the next 14 days. Not sure if that's what you meant, though.

There's also nothing even close to definite regarding LTE in the SGS2. In fact, I'd say the chances are better that it will not have LTE.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions :(

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for confirming my suspicions :(

Well, you could do what I did. It was painful but worth it.

I bought the OG Droid early last year, then started to get involved in the forum community and discovered the rumor threads about the HTC Incredible and the Verizon Nexus One (I'm sure this sounds familiar to you).

I waited until the end of my trial period with the Droid (it was 30 days back then, not 14), brought it back, and reactivated my old LG Envy to hold me over until one of those 2 phones came out.

It was a painful month and a half, but it was very much worth it. My Incredible has been as its name implies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad