The wait has begun...

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting, but I have to admit the Bionic has probably re-entered the picture for me. I'm still leaning towards the GSII, but I have backed off some after the Bionic specs were confirmed and the pictures leaked. Now, if the performance of the Bionic can be on par with the GSII, then it's probably gonna come down to: (1) LTE vs. 3G, (2) (possible) pentile qHD LCD vs. SAMOLED+, (3) release date.

I'm not in an LTE area, but should within my 2-yr contract. So, that's a plus, but maybe not a big one for the Bionic. The screen is most definitely in favor of the GSII, but if the Bionic is not pentile matrix, then maybe the advantage isn't as great. Release date may be the clincher. I really hope the GSII comes out before the Bionic, but not having seen anything concrete about it in relation to Verizon doesn't bode well for that.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I definitely am waiting on this phone. Webtop being added onto the Bionic killed a lot of my interest. Then I keep seeing how amazing this phone works in videos and I know it will keep me happy until a better LTE phone is released next year. LTE was a want and not a need, this phone surpasses my expectations in every other category.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not waiting for it necessarily but I am paying extremely close attention... My priority is LTE, since I'm in an area for it.

-If the GS2 hits big red with LTE , in a reasonable amount of time compared to Bionic, I'll get GS2 100%, but I have no interest in a non LTE phone.

-The Bionic honestly fills every one of my phone needs, but I too worry about webtop impacting performance. My other main concern is the Bionic screen. When the first amoled screens came out, I hated them. Super Amoled + is an entirely different beast however, and looks to blow the bionic's qHD out of the water. I'll reserve final judgement on this phone until after I get confirmation of how webtop impacts it, and then go compare a qHD (X2) to the S-Amoled+ in person (Charge)

-Now, if the G2II hits VZW as 3g (which looks likely, even if its dumb from a hardware perspective), and the Bionic's screen looks as bad irl, as the screenshots make it, I will shop for one of the forthcoming deals on the Charge, which will inevitably happen right before the Bionic's launch to reduce inventory. I'll then keep the charge until next year when I shop for a 2nd gen LTE modemed GS3 or something equivilent

OrdieSep88

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup same here, if galaxys s2 is an LTE phone i'll grab it for sure over the bionic. But if it is 3g then i'm gonna have to get the bionic. just like the rest of you guys, my patience is wearing thin.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Screen, memory, TouchWiz 4.0 have me sold on it. I'd love it to be LTE but if not I can't pass up the specs and performance. Screen alone is the biggest draw for me.

I'm interested to see final specs drop on this phone (as far as NFC) Perhaps since the Targa is going to be renamed and pushed until Q1 this will be their Q3 big push device. Just speculation of course but lets see how it plays out.

Sent from my Droid

Last edited:

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My family is moving to verizon and I have a choice to stay with sprint. Is it a good idea to give my 1-year contracts and chance of getting Evo 3D, the Sprint SGSII, or Nexus 3 away for better 3G coverage and maybe LTE? My 3G is okay but I would prefer it to be better.

Last edited:

MagicMountainMan

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm now evenly split between this and the Bionic. I was leaning towards the Bionic purely because it's a 4G phone but now with the new design being revealed it makes me want the SGS2 which is frustrating because I keep going back and forth! The rest of my family is going to get the Charge at Costco when it goes on sale in a few days and I'm still stuck waiting. I just wish that there was ANY sort of news on the SGS2 on Verizon, good or bad. It's harder and harder to not just pick up something else with each passing day.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just wish Samsung would give us a clue as to when it will finally hit the states. Right now I'm guessing late July or August, but not sure if that is just wishful thinking on my part.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the Charge for now, and IF the SGS2 on Verizon comes with 4G LTE and has a realistic amount of application storage and not teh 1.12GB of BS Samsung gave me on my Charge then yeah, I would get it.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else thinking about picking up the Charge at Costco then returning it if the GS2 comes out within 90 days?

Thought about it. But, as was mentioned in the Bionic forum on Costco, Costco doesn't carry every Verizon phone. So, it would be a risk going that route in the hopes that they carry it (as well as them taking the return in exchange for another phone -- some have been told you could only exchange for the same phone).

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Thought about it. But, as was mentioned in the Bionic forum on Costco, Costco doesn't carry every Verizon phone. So, it would be a risk going that route in the hopes that they carry it (as well as them taking the return in exchange for another phone -- some have been told you could only exchange for the same phone).

They'll carry these top-tier phones. They carry all of the high-end Verizon phones, my rep there even said so.

And it looks like "Fascinate II" is more likely than the ridiculous "Function" now, according to Droid Life.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
They'll carry these top-tier phones. They carry all of the high-end Verizon phones, my rep there even said so.

And it looks like "Fascinate II" is more likely than the ridiculous "Function" now, according to Droid Life.

Unless they're exclusive to someone else, like say the Thunderbolt and BestBuy. :)

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Is that how that worked? Bleh...well then we'll have to wait and see! haha

Yeah, Best Buy was the "exclusive 3rd party retailer" for the Thunderbolt. However, "exclusive" didn't mean that it wouldn't be sold by other online retailers. It seems that it only referred to B&M stores, which would explain why the only B&M stores that carry the Thunderbolt are Best Buy and Verizon. I have no idea whether same agreement would be made for the GSII, but I don't think you can totally rule it out yet at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc