06-14-2011 02:05 PM
37 12
tools
    Back to waiting I'd suppose....

Tho I could pose a tinfoil hat conspiracy THEORY to you all...

This leak about a potential (now refuted) July release was a PR maneuver/ market survey started by Samsung to see if they could market a 3g GSII, or actually had to slightly redesign it for a 4g LTE version.

My reasoning:
    1.Samsung wants to build hype for their phone and tablets and pull attention off of Motorola/Bionic (since the Tab is guaranteed, and Moto/Xoom/Bionic all had major news this week. This leak brought all the attention back to the GSII tab and phone, especially since it would have meant undercutting the Xoom's 4g, and undercutting the Bionic entirely )

2. Samsung wanted to test waters to see if a 3g Gs2 would fly, or whether it had to have 4g via public response (Response was overwhelmingly in favor of 4g, especially given the phones impressive stats, and that it's main competitor would be the Bionic )

3. A 3g GS2 would require little extra dev time compared to potentially squeezing a 4g modem in/potentially making the case thicker, and could have made the proposed July date with little modification (Pure speculation on my part, I have no idea what, if any hardware changes really would have needed to be made for a VZW 3g GS2)
    06-08-2011 05:55 PM
    Yeah you may want to leave that tinfoil hat on
    06-08-2011 06:25 PM
    Yeah you may want to leave that tinfoil hat on
    In all fairness, I wouldn't need this tinfoil hat if I had a nice a nice Dual Core LTE phone to play with ..... Big Red is killing me here...

The Bionic is once again looking to be the "end of waiting" (after an impressively long wait)...sad too, despite initially holding out for a Bionic (since Winter), I'm really far more impressed by the GSII.
    06-08-2011 07:05 PM
    Back to waiting I'd suppose....

Tho I could pose a tinfoil hat conspiracy THEORY to you all...

This leak about a potential (now refuted) July release was a PR maneuver/ market survey started by Samsung to see if they could market a 3g GSII, or actually had to slightly redesign it for a 4g LTE version.

My reasoning:
    1.Samsung wants to build hype for their phone and tablets and pull attention off of Motorola/Bionic (since the Tab is guaranteed, and Moto/Xoom/Bionic all had major news this week. This leak brought all the attention back to the GSII tab and phone, especially since it would have meant undercutting the Xoom's 4g, and undercutting the Bionic entirely )

2. Samsung wanted to test waters to see if a 3g Gs2 would fly, or whether it had to have 4g via public response (Response was overwhelmingly in favor of 4g, especially given the phones impressive stats, and that it's main competitor would be the Bionic )

3. A 3g GS2 would require little extra dev time compared to potentially squeezing a 4g modem in/potentially making the case thicker, and could have made the proposed July date with little modification (Pure speculation on my part, I have no idea what, if any hardware changes really would have needed to be made for a VZW 3g GS2)
    Too funny, I was contemplating whether these shenanigans were some sort of marketing ploy too!
    06-08-2011 10:30 PM
    I'm definitely going for the SGSII right now, however, that news was changed from a mix-up -_____- they were talking about the Galaxy Tab 10.1 not the Galaxy S II
    06-09-2011 01:11 AM
    Ive been using the Galaxy SII for the last week and it feels very plasticy. Also there is no video calling in Google Talk ....WTH???
    I'll definitely be sticking with my Nexus S Im afraid.
    06-09-2011 07:35 AM
    I'm not liking the 4" screen.................
    06-14-2011 11:17 AM
    What 4-in screen? The GSII has a 4.3-in screen.
    06-14-2011 11:33 AM
    I have good news for you then! This phone doesn't have a 4" screen. It's 4.3.
    06-14-2011 11:33 AM
    What 4-in screen? The GSII has a 4.3-in screen.
    Jinx.
    06-14-2011 11:34 AM
    God this is a long wait. My blackberry gets worse every day.

I dunno if I can make it. Still no release date. I might crack and use my new every 2 on a Incredible2.
    06-14-2011 02:02 PM
    God this is a long wait. My blackberry gets worse every day.

I dunno if I can make it. Still no release date. I might crack and use my new every 2 on a Incredible2.
    If you do crack, get a charge. It's getting the best reviews of all the current devices. You'll be a little more future-proof having a 4g phone, too.
    06-14-2011 02:05 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD