07-26-2011 09:13 AM
238 ... 8910
tools
    It seems like it would be in Samsung's best interest to leak some kind of information before the Bionic hits shelves. There are a ton of original Droids up for new phones and the Bionic is going to get many of them if there's no other choice.
    Heck my X is up for NE2 and unless some glimmer of hope for the S2 shows up soon I may end up going with the Bionic myself - as much as I want a S2.
    07-19-2011 02:43 PM
    It seems like it would be in Samsung's best interest to leak some kind of information before the Bionic hits shelves. There are a ton of original Droids up for new phones and the Bionic is going to get many of them if there's no other choice.
    Wouldn't surprise me if the Function rolled out before or shortly after the Bionic dropped.

Sent from my Droid
    07-19-2011 02:55 PM
    Wouldn't surprise me if the Function rolled out before or shortly after the Bionic dropped.

Sent from my Droid
    There's a lot of Bionic buzz around an August launch... seems difficult to believe that the Function would suddenly arrive. Let's hope it happens.
    07-19-2011 03:00 PM
    Heck my X is up for NE2 and unless some glimmer of hope for the S2 shows up soon I may end up going with the Bionic myself - as much as I want a S2.
    How can NE2 be up on the X already? It's only a year old?
    07-19-2011 03:17 PM

Sent from my Droid
    They better get the function through the fcc then if they want to release it close to the bionic. I mean that is one big step that once that happens usually a release isnt too far out( barring any major issues that are discovered)
    07-19-2011 03:49 PM
    They better get the function through the fcc then if they want to release it close to the bionic. I mean that is one big step that once that happens usually a release isnt too far out( barring any major issues that are discovered)
    I thought a version of the GS2 went through the FCC months ago?
    07-19-2011 03:55 PM
    How can NE2 be up on the X already? It's only a year old?
    VZW has always given me the early upgrade credit deal about a year before the formal NE2 should apply. I could get a Droid 3 now with a contract extension for $149 with my corporate discount. I dunno - it's not 2 years and maybe it's more once the full 2 years hits - but they apply it early I guess and I'll be using it for either a Bionic or S2 (hopefully a S2).
    07-19-2011 03:58 PM
    [QUOTE=nemov;1113327]I thought a version of the GS2 went through the FCC months ago?[/QUOT

I dont think so. Maybe I am wrong which I very well could be I thought what went through was a GSM version?
    07-19-2011 04:35 PM
    [QUOTE=shipwrestler125;1113448]
    I thought a version of the GS2 went through the FCC months ago?[/QUOT

I dont think so. Maybe I am wrong which I very well could be I thought what went through was a GSM version?
    which is good for us ATT/Tmobile people
    :o
    07-19-2011 04:43 PM
    [QUOTE=Elite Busido;1113466]
    which is good for us ATT/Tmobile people
    :o
    Well not so much for T-Mobile, unless you're content with 2G data speeds. AT&T would be the network to activate an unlocked GSM version of the SGS2 if you were willing to plunk down the cash for an unbranded one.

Regarding FCC clearance, yeah that was Samsung sending through the stock international version of the device. Each US specific carrier model will see their own individual passes through the FCC.
    07-19-2011 05:22 PM
    Looks like the Samsung GS2 will be launching next month Samsung sets Galaxy S II's US rollout for August - The Economic Times but unknown to which US carriers. Looks like Sprint maybe the first.
    07-20-2011 12:13 PM
    Yah, I have a whole thread dedicated to that news here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...ws-august.html

07-20-2011 12:56 PM
    07-26-2011 09:13 AM
238 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD