07-26-2011 09:13 AM
238 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I wonder if this holds true. I am up for renewal in july. So what so awesome about this vs Samsung charge?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    The S2 will come with TW 4.0, Gingerbread and ext4 filesystem, 2.0 MP FFC.
    The DC has TW 3.0, Froyo and rfs filesystem, 1.3 MP FFC
    06-14-2011 09:16 AM
    The TW thing is a big deal, while people would still prefer a vanilla experience, it sounds like 4.0 works much better than the previous skins.
    06-14-2011 10:55 AM
    I wonder if this holds true. I am up for renewal in july. So what so awesome about this vs Samsung charge?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    It's a great phone once the battery is charged enough to use it. They gave it the right name, cause that's what it will be mostly doing sue to crap battery life. I've had mine for a week, and hoping the SG2 come out next month so I can trade this in
    06-15-2011 11:08 PM
    Ugh, this would really set me off. I'm sure it is mostly speculation, but no mention of a Verizon release in this article. Complete joke if they are the only one not to get the S2.

Samsung Galaxy S2 to Launch on Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile Networks | Headline News
    06-20-2011 07:18 PM
    Ugh, this would really set me off. I'm sure it is mostly speculation, but no mention of a Verizon release in this article. Complete joke if they are the only one not to get the S2.

Samsung Galaxy S2 to Launch on Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile Networks | Headline News
    No worries Slowie it will drop on Verizon's network. This website appears clueless.

I don't know who writes for them....

http://www.headlinesnews.net/14841/s...erizon-network

Even this artsicle appears amateur with nothing but speculation.

Sent from my Droid
    06-20-2011 08:00 PM
    No worries Slowie it will drop on Verizon's network. This website appears clueless.

I don't know who writes for them....

Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Date After July on Verizon Network | Headline News

Even this artsicle appears amateur with nothing but speculation.

Sent from my Droid
    I really hope so, I'm sold on this phone now.
    06-20-2011 08:09 PM
    Is that even a picture of the Galaxy S2 in that article?

That looks like a Galaxy S1.
    06-21-2011 09:05 AM
    I really dont know what I will do when this phone gets a release date/relesased. I check androidcentral and droid-life about 15 times a day to see if there is an update. I also check google for updates all the time.

I will have so much freetime once this gets a verizon official release date.
    06-21-2011 09:13 AM
    I really dont know what I will do when this phone gets a release date/relesased. I check androidcentral and droid-life about 15 times a day to see if there is an update. I also check google for updates all the time.

I will have so much freetime once this gets a verizon official release date.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. This is my second time around. I did this from January until April last year while waiting for the Incredible.

I've also been keeping an eye on the Bionic, but that phone gets less enticing every day.
    06-21-2011 10:29 AM
    For such a big name device, the secrecy is kinda impressive. Is this typical of a Samsung product?

I've been a Moto buyer the past decade or so, but would really prefer the GSII (IF LTE) over the Bionic as they currently stand (assuming this tier data fiasco doesn't force me to jump on something else)..... I've noticed that while Moto officially stays as tight lipped as Samsung has about the GSII, that Moto also has a plethora of leaks/insiders giving quality product info to keep fanning the flames of anticipation... Where the hell are the Samsung ones? I find it amazing that we still don't even know if this is going to be an LTE device, let alone if we're going to see it before Xmas. Throw us a bone insiders!!!
    06-21-2011 03:58 PM
    For such a big name device, the secrecy is kinda impressive. Is this typical of a Samsung product?

I've been a Moto buyer the past decade or so, but would really prefer the GSII (IF LTE) over the Bionic as they currently stand (assuming this tier data fiasco doesn't force me to jump on something else)..... I've noticed that while Moto officially stays as tight lipped as Samsung has about the GSII, that Moto also has a plethora of leaks/insiders giving quality product info to keep fanning the flames of anticipation... Where the hell are the Samsung ones? I find it amazing that we still don't even know if this is going to be an LTE device, let alone if we're going to see it before Xmas. Throw us a bone insiders!!!
    That's an interesting point. I wonder if that has less to do with the manufacturer and more to do with the Droid branding. Verizon pumps a lot of money into their Droid ad campaigns.

Just look at what happened with the Fascinate. That should have been a flagship and was treated like a second rate device.
    06-21-2011 04:17 PM
    Just look at what happened with the Fascinate. That should have been a flagship and was treated like a second rate device.
    Galaxy SII when it hits the states will get a TON of love from the developer comunity. CM will be all over this device (obviously) not that they already are not but you know what I mean.

Samsung giving them a dev device was a brilliant move. You know darn well when they heard about HTC announcing unlocked bootloaders they had to one up them and just give the hugest Android devs a device of their own to develop on lol. "here you go guys take this." Yeah that went over really well I would say.

That move and plus the way they evolve their product says to me they mean business and have their finger on the pulse. I'll be willing to bet the Galaxy S3 will be a stunner and a huge upgrade from the GS2.

I've not been this impressed with a company in a LONG time. I was a RIM fan (I know shut up lol) and soured on them for failing to do anything over the years, became a Moto fan and that went up in flames because of obvious reasons and here I sit eyballing Samsung thinking "what is up with these guys?"

I don't know gents but if Samsung keeps this up i personally beleive they will move to the top of the Android pile. I beleive HTC has the highest market share with their android devices. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

There's a new Sheriff in town
    06-21-2011 06:03 PM
    I think I've made up my mind; that is I'll wait for the GSII. I'm mostly always near wifi, so the tiered plans wont hurt me. I've also looked up videos on both the Charge and GSII, the Charge being laggy and slow many times, while the GSII being smooth as butter. The Charge is without a doubt nothing compared to the GSII. I don't know if it's just me too, but the UI of the Charge looks like it would be a child's phone, with text so large a blind man could read it.
    06-21-2011 06:47 PM
    Yeah, assuming there are no pitfalls that will hurt my plan, trying to keep unlimited data since I'm very disappointed with the pricing on the tiered program, then I will probably wait for the S2. It's not that I don't like the Droid Charge, but I'm simply loving the S2 that much more. Phone just looks amazing and that is straight out the case without any tinkering. It is definitely the type of phone that I feel I will be very happy with until I see an LTE phone that fixes a lot of the issues the first gen phones are experiencing.
    06-21-2011 07:21 PM
    Yeah agree getting a phone that just works perfectly OTB is what I'm looking for. Ive done so much flashing and tinkering with the Droid I just want a great otb experience with no fuss.

This handset will give me that. Later down the road if I want to flash ROMS and such I will revisit it but until then ill lay low and just enjoy the phone.

Sent from my Droid
    06-21-2011 08:17 PM
    I think verizon is waiting to sell a little more of the Charge, b4 releasing a date on the SII. Cause no one will buy a Charge, if they know when the SII is coming out!! lol
    06-22-2011 10:38 AM
    I think verizon is waiting to sell a little more of the Charge, b4 releasing a date on the SII. Cause no one will buy a Charge, if they know when the SII is coming out!! lol
    Unless they want LTE. Could be a big discriminator between the two devices should the GSII not have LTE (as is predicted).
    06-22-2011 11:21 AM
    Well the price of the Charge hasn't dropped much at all, so that leads us that it wont be LTE or wont be releasing any time soon.
    06-22-2011 11:51 AM
    Is skype video possible over 3G? I want to put the ffc to good use haha
    06-22-2011 09:21 PM
    People are rushing out to buy a new phone now just to get granfathered in on unlimited data. I say if the function pans out it will be worth the wait.
    06-23-2011 11:56 AM
    I think it's fairly certain this phone will not have LTE, as the Charge still wouldn't be $300. That or we wont get it till the holidays.
    06-23-2011 12:16 PM
    I just tell myself that this will not be an LTE phone and I'm fine with that. If LTE somehow does make it on the phone then it will be a pleasant surprise, although less so if the battery life sucks. This is why I think that this will only be 3G and next year will see the release of one with an LTE radio as well. Maybe a quad core and higher resolution Super Amoled + screen to go along with it just to get everyone in a frenzy.
    06-23-2011 01:27 PM
    Battery life will always be an issue with these first Gen LTE handsets. Some will get better life than others naturally but as the tech evolves some good phones will be released next year.

Im good either way. I just want the handset regardless of what it comes with.

Sent from my Droid
    06-23-2011 02:05 PM
    Battery life will always be an issue with these first Gen LTE handsets. Some will get better life than others naturally but as the tech evolves some good phones will be released next year.

Sent from my Droid
    I agree. Just get the thing to us.
    06-23-2011 02:20 PM

Sent from my Droid
    Considering how buggy lte has been, eh you better off with going with a cable high speed internet. 3g is fast enough for me to do what i need. Its still a phone and I know we have apps and cool stuff. But most of the time I "plan" a trip and if I know I am going somewhere and will be stuck in an airport I will rather download a movie and watch it via rock player rather than streaming it. I am good with smartphones because you dont need to pull out your big laptop in flight. That means you carrying less stuff and are able to spend less time getting searched by tsa. Other than just showing it off I see no big need for netflix.... to be honest netflix dont even offer the new hit releases. SO basically I get by just fine on 3g and even with an lte device I spend more time on 3g to save battery life.
    06-23-2011 04:06 PM
238 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD