07-26-2011 09:13 AM
238 ... 678910
tools
    I am also impatiently waiting...and I wake up to this ........ Samsung Hercules, the 'Demi-God' approaches; Can iPhone 5 survive? - International Business Times today. Not only are we yet to see a serious release date but samsung is bragging about the worldwide sales numbers of the GS2 and it's next super phone the "Hercules". When is enough enough?
    07-03-2011 03:33 PM
    Whether it be the hercules or the function they will always make a better device each year. I know I am going to get one of them. Touchwiz is getting better and I just want a device that works. I am tired of rooting and having to flash roms and kernels to fix simple stuff out of the box. And then when you complain its basically your problem for not doing enough research. Every device has issues but I want to go with a device with the least issues out of the box and root because I want to.
    07-03-2011 11:29 PM
    Just saw this: Samsung Galaxy S II Passes Through the FCC with Nvidia Tegra 2 I really hope this is for Sprint and AT&T.
    07-05-2011 07:44 PM
    Not that the Verizon reps at the store ever know anything, but I wasn't happy when I was there today and we started talking about phones for me to upgrade to in the near future, I made it clear that I was not impressed with the Verizon line-up, and they recommended the Bionic. I told the two reps, one was a district manager, that I was waiting on the S2 and neither one had any clue what I was talking about. I explained further and the other one said he had thought it wasn't coming to Verizon. I think he was just talking out his ***, but it is obvious that Bionic is coming out sooner rather than later, and we still have a bit more waiting for the S2.
    07-05-2011 08:04 PM
    Just saw this: Samsung Galaxy S II Passes Through the FCC with Nvidia Tegra 2 I really hope this is for Sprint and AT&T.
    That is AT@T's bands. I really hope it launches on verizon with the Exynos too.
    07-05-2011 08:38 PM
    This article makes it seem that the Tegra2 is the better version..

Samsung Galaxy SII (S2): Exynos 4210 VS Tegra 2 – Which Version Will Be Better | Inspired Geek

Im on life support with my Droid Eris, so whatever version comes out, I dont care, and probably wouldnt notice anyways. I just want it shortly after my August 4th renewal date.
    07-05-2011 10:31 PM
    He tweeted the following about an hour ago:

"if i say that the Bionic isnt really that impressive for the specs would anyone be surprised? Sammy galaxy II is still better device by far"
    The "He" who he's referring to is BMX. I know I'm certainly not surprised.
    07-08-2011 09:20 PM
    This article makes it seem that the Tegra2 is the better version..

Samsung Galaxy SII (S2): Exynos 4210 VS Tegra 2 – Which Version Will Be Better | Inspired Geek

Im on life support with my Droid Eris, so whatever version comes out, I dont care, and probably wouldnt notice anyways. I just want it shortly after my August 4th renewal date.
    I would like to see the Tegra 2 in this handset but the Exynos is just as attractive in my opinion.

Sent from my Droid
    07-09-2011 12:11 AM
    Out of curiousity, if the Exynos is just as attractive, why do you prefer the Tegra 2?
    07-09-2011 08:47 AM
    07-09-2011 10:34 AM
    On another note do a you tube search sam gs2 vs droid x2. Since I do believe the dx2 is the bionic without lte. I tried to post the link but since I am on my tab couldnt do it. Interesting review.
    07-09-2011 10:51 AM
    BMX tweets it will NOT be 4g on VZW.
    black_man_x @PHoldridge7232 nope...least not anytime soon.. charge is the sammy lte device.. n vzw doesnt love their customers that much.
    about 16 hours ago*in reply to PHoldridge7232
    In response to
    @black_man_x question is will it also be 4G LTE if it comes to Verizon like the bionic?
    about 16 hours ago*from TweetDeck*in reply to black_man_x
    And
    black_man_x @iSeano nope.. but 3g is still pretty nice... ok yea its not really..
    about 16 hours ago*in reply to iSeano
    In response to
    iSeano @black_man_x but will the galaxy s2 be an lte device. If so that's the selling point for me.
    about 16 hours ago*in reply to black_man_x
    07-09-2011 12:01 PM
    Out of curiousity, if the Exynos is just as attractive, why do you prefer the Tegra 2?
    Tegra Zone. I like the idea behind it.

Sent from my Droid
    07-09-2011 12:49 PM
    BMX tweets it will NOT be 4g on VZW.
    black_man_x @PHoldridge7232 nope...least not anytime soon.. charge is the sammy lte device.. n vzw doesnt love their customers that much.
    about 16 hours ago*in reply to PHoldridge7232
    In response to
    @black_man_x question is will it also be 4G LTE if it comes to Verizon like the bionic?
    about 16 hours ago*from TweetDeck*in reply to black_man_x
    And
    black_man_x @iSeano nope.. but 3g is still pretty nice... ok yea its not really..
    about 16 hours ago*in reply to iSeano
    In response to
    iSeano @black_man_x but will the galaxy s2 be an lte device. If so that's the selling point for me.
    about 16 hours ago*in reply to black_man_x
    That's really disappointing, if it holds true.
    07-09-2011 12:55 PM
    I don't even care at this point. I need a new phone, Verizon's current line-up sucks balls, and it's looking more and more like the Bionic is going to be a steaming turd.
    07-09-2011 03:32 PM
    I don't even care at this point. I need a new phone, Verizon's current line-up sucks balls, and it's looking more and more like the Bionic is going to be a steaming turd.
    The Charge is a solid device, but you're right. I'd love for an LTE Nexus. I will say this much, I played around with my friends Atrix and Inspire 4g, and I MUCH prefer my DC.
    07-09-2011 04:04 PM
    If its not LTE a deal breaker. If for no other reason I like the thought of an lte mobile hotspot
    07-09-2011 06:01 PM
    The Charge is a solid device, but you're right. I'd love for an LTE Nexus. I will say this much, I played around with my friends Atrix and Inspire 4g, and I MUCH prefer my DC.
    Do you think Verizon will ever get a Nexus device or is the OG Droid the closest we'll ever see?
    07-09-2011 09:14 PM
    Tegra Zone. I like the idea behind it.

Sent from my Droid
    But wasn't it the Tegra II chip in the original Bionic that was having problems on the Verizon network, and cause them to delay release for "Enhancements" If not, forgive my ignorance.
    07-09-2011 11:57 PM
    But wasn't it the Tegra II chip in the original Bionic that was having problems on the Verizon network, and cause them to delay release for "Enhancements" If not, forgive my ignorance.
    That was a rumor. Nvidia and Motorola Mobility have both said there are no problems with LTE compatibility.

Damage control? Possibly. But there may be truth to their statements as well.

Sent from my Droid
    07-10-2011 12:05 PM
    07-10-2011 12:10 PM
    That was a rumor. Nvidia and Motorola Mobility have both said there are no problems with LTE compatibility.

Sent from my Droid
    The Xoom was supposed to have LTE 3 months ago, and they just redid the entire Bionic with the main internal difference being the processor. That tells me all I need to know about LTE and Tegra 2.
    07-10-2011 01:12 PM
    I will believe it when I see it.
    07-10-2011 01:19 PM

Sent from my Droid
    I don't know, i think Samsung will use its own chipset. It works great for overseas sgs2 so why mess with success. I want the phone that is the beast we are seeing with a VZW logo and radios, don't mess with anything else.

sent from tapatalk app
    07-10-2011 06:52 PM
    I will believe it when I see it. Since when was it listed as having LTE? I think maybe phonearena just added that because all the testers and everything points to it not being LTE. Maybe they will surprise us to try and deal a real blow to apple after the lawsuit?
    07-10-2011 07:34 PM
238 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD