[NEW] Galaxy SII/Function/Fascinate 2 Release?

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Interesting pc747...

I now understand where your regret comes from. Makes sense

Well lets keep it real: Since the tbolt has been released officially we have seen atleast 5 outages that we know about, and people report of lte intermitting. On top of that the tbolt has bad battery life and poor software. I mean Jcase, one of the devs for the tbolt, is laughing at vzw and htc because every "supposed fix " they have still causes random reboots. Yet I am running a rom with out random reboots. Though I bought the htc for its openness it is apparent that other oes will follow through. I like what htc has done with sense and the things they do well, ie video quality is much better than motorola. But Samsung seems to have figured it out and like I said before, though I like being able to root and run roms, I dont want it to be a must. The only thing that will keep me from getting the function will be if its a 3g device.
People ask me how I feal about the tbolt and should they get it and my answer is the same . "NO, I got this device because it is open and allow me to run roms. The software and battery issues will drive average smartphone users crazy (those that dont care for rooting or roms)."

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ha, CK you know how to keep my excitement level high for this phone.

I'm just as excited my friend :) I haven't anticipated a release of a phone like this since the OG Droid was released.

October of '09 was when I became aware of Skynet. Motorola Droid was the phone I had to have.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Kellex of Droid Life is raving about it. Zero lag folks. ZERO.

A phone that might just be great out of the box.... imagine that....

Kinda funny that my biggest complaint on this device as it stands, is simply that the only news on it related to VZW is reviews of the international models... As I said in a previous post, this is the first Samsung device I've been looking forward to, and the complete lack of leaks/insiders seems very strange to me... WHERE ARE THE INSIDERS AT? No leaks/info on whether its 4g, or even if we will see it before January, let alone before the end of Summer.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree that Samsung seems to be doing things right, and the GS2 is something I really wanted, lack of LTE while a bummer may be something I can live with in exchange for a smooth experience. My market is still waiting on LTE, we are slated for this year, but that could be December.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just learned you can take screen shots on the GS2 OTB.

Screenshots: simply hit home button and then the power key while holding onto home to take a screenshot. You can then see them in the Gallery.

Pretty nifty.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't usually do this but I want to share something with you all.

Got word that the GS2/Function will be a 4G/LTE device. This is the "delay" so to speak and why no leaks. It's taking a bit longer than expected because of this.

Sprints will be a 4G version and Verizons will be LTE. They didn't comment on the Attain so I don't if it will be one of their first phones on LTE or their 4G network. No info.

I'm not ready to cash this check just yet but I'd thought I'd share it with you guys.

Reactions: DolfanCole

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

allan1313

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Got word that the GS2/Function will be a 4G/LTE device. This is the "delay" so to speak and why no leaks. It's taking a bit longer than expected because of this.

Sprints will be a 4G version and Verizons will be LTE. They didn't comment on the Attain so I don't if it will be one of their first phones on LTE or their 4G network. No info.

I'm not ready to cash this check just yet but I'd thought I'd share it with you guys.

CK please tell me this is not a joke. I would definitely be all over it if it is LTE. Please give us some more details. Also any idea when its supposed to land on Verizon??

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I was suspecting they were going to make the US releases LTE even though I would have preferred 3g to keep the thin frame and quicker launch. The first thing to tip me off was the long delay. Second was seeing the second pic of the supposed attain dock which clearly shows a thicker device than the att branded one and the European GS2 which points out a third unamed device.

I suppose Sammy wants it to be 4g everywhere. Lets just hope it all plays nice together and we don't get another Bionic faltering. Having to charge my battery twice a day now on my tired OG Droid is getting old.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I would like to hear more info on that, XL. I'm concerned about release date if this is true, though. I have some time constraints as my girlfriend's phone is dying and she gets my incredible when I upgrade.

Did you hear anything at all about release date? Even a ballpark figure?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

This would be the deal maker for me. I'm still leaning heavily towards the GSII over the Bionic. The biggest thing the Bionic has (had) going for it over the GSII was 4G/LTE. If the GSII has that, it's a no-brainer. The GSII would win out in every category for me. The biggest issue is timeframe. My patience can't get any thinner.

Any details on how they made this happen? Form factor change? Different LTE radio than that used for other devices?

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
This would be the deal maker for me. I'm still leaning heavily towards the GSII over the Bionic. The biggest thing the Bionic has (had) going for it over the GSII was 4G/LTE. If the GSII has that, it's a no-brainer. The GSII would win out in every category for me. The biggest issue is timeframe. My patience can't get any thinner.

Any details on how they made this happen? Form factor change? Different LTE radio than that used for other devices?

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.

I can only hope that if this is true it doesn't cause a huge delay (which it probably will) :'(