[NEW] Galaxy SII/Function/Fascinate 2 Release?

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow! If this ends up being the case then this phone will skyrocket in popularity. My main worry though is what will that mean for the release? If Bionic is looking at August and a new iPhone comes out in September, then potentially we might have to wait until October if Verizon decides to stagger releases. I will wait, but I'm already having more and more issues with my Storm. Was really hoping I would have something new by September.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.

I can only hope that if this is true it doesn't cause a huge delay (which it probably will) :'(

I've been waiting since last August (which I think was also when CK was eligible to upgrade). So, it's been almost a year for me. My BlackBerry is working fine (although I limit what I do with it). It really comes down to how much patience I have. A few months back, I set a deadline of August 1 for me and whatever was the best thing out at the time, I'd get. With how things have evolved regarding the Bionic and GSII, my deadline has been pushed back. But, my patience runs thinner each and every day. If the GSII is pushed back into something like October, I think I'll probably end up getting the Bionic. If they're closer in timeframe, like hopefully August at the lastest, then GSII here I come!

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
CK please tell me this is not a joke. I would definitely be all over it if it is LTE. Please give us some more details. Also any idea when its supposed to land on Verizon??

That's all I have. No release dates or any other info. I have not a clue about form factor, radios or anything else.

To be quite honest I'm hoping it doesnt come to fruition. I'm not liking these first gen LTE phones. Ill still buy it mind you but I'd rather forego LTE right now until they get some better radios into these phones.

Sent from my Droid

obi5683

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I really dont know what I will do when this phone gets a release date/relesased. I check androidcentral and droid-life about 15 times a day to see if there is an update. I also check google for updates all the time.

I will have so much freetime once this gets a verizon official release date.

Use Google Reader, combines the newsfeeds of the sites you check often. Check one place, move on with life. There is even an Android App.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting since last August (which I think was also when CK was eligible to upgrade). So, it's been almost a year for me. My BlackBerry is working fine (although I limit what I do with it). It really comes down to how much patience I have. A few months back, I set a deadline of August 1 for me and whatever was the best thing out at the time, I'd get. With how things have evolved regarding the Bionic and GSII, my deadline has been pushed back. But, my patience runs thinner each and every day. If the GSII is pushed back into something like October, I think I'll probably end up getting the Bionic. If they're closer in timeframe, like hopefully August at the lastest, then GSII here I come!

My situation is a bit different. I'm actually perfectly happy with my phone (AMOLED DInc), especially since I put CM7 on it. My girlfriend's Eris is VERY close to death, though, and she gets my DInc when I upgrage. I'm actually scared that I might have to get something before the Bionic or SGS2 come out if it finally craps out.

I definitely prefer the SGS2, so I'm very concerned about LTE pushing the release date back too far.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
My situation is a bit different. I'm actually perfectly happy with my phone (AMOLED DInc), especially since I put CM7 on it. My girlfriend's Eris is VERY close to death, though, and she gets my DInc when I upgrage. I'm actually scared that I might have to get something before the Bionic or SGS2 come out if it finally craps out.

I definitely prefer the SGS2, so I'm very concerned about LTE pushing the release date back too far.

I might have a "gently used" BlackBerry Tour for sale. ;)

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm also in a similar situation, although I'm beating you by a month. Been able to upgrade since last July. Patience is definitely playing a factor. I used to love the Bionic, but certain factors turned me off. What finally flipped me to really wanting the GS2 was the vids of how well it works. That phone just functions so smoothly. Maybe the Bionic will do the same, but since so little has been revealed nobody can say, which is just one more reason I started looking around.

Hopefully some news will leak in the next few weeks. I want to remain patient for this phone, especially if it has LTE(extra battery will be a must, but I can live with that), but I can see myself switching back to Bionic if the GS2 gets delayed until October or later and I get really upset with my Storm after the Bionic is released.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
CK- where are you hearing this from? I actually do not want it to be a 4g, because with my understanding, when it is available and I upgrade to it, I will go to tiered data due to going from a 3g contract to a 4g one.

If it is 4g, I think I might have to settle for the Droid3

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
CK- where are you hearing this from? I actually do not want it to be a 4g, because with my understanding, when it is available and I upgrade to it, I will go to tiered data due to going from a 3g contract to a 4g one.

If it is 4g, I think I might have to settle for the Droid3

It's my understanding that there's no distinction from 3G to 4G for existing customers with a data plan. So you should be able to upgrade without going to tiered data.

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding that there's no distinction from 3G to 4G for existing customers with a data plan. So you should be able to upgrade without going to tiered data.

No, Verizon constitutes going from 3G to 4G as changing plans. I'm amazed how everyone got to the conclusion 3G and 4G is the same plan, when no where is it stated, but Verizon directly states you can only keep unlimited and pricing on your current plan.

I feel so strongly about this that I'm probably going to pick up a Charge to lock into 4G.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I hope you're right about the LTE, CK. Like I've said from the beginning, if the GSII is LTE, it's a no-brainer for me. No contest. Bye Bionic. Having said that, If the Bionic comes out in July and the GSII isn't expected until November or something, then I will prob use my upgrade on the Bionic and just sell it for more than I paid to help fund a full-retail GSII.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
possibly, well, dumb question very likey, but......If this is 4g and I dont want a 4g contract, is it even possible to just sign up for a new 2 year 3g contract and not have the phone use 4g?

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
possibly, well, dumb question very likey, but......If this is 4g and I dont want a 4g contract, is it even possible to just sign up for a new 2 year 3g contract and not have the phone use 4g?

There is no difference in the data plan so no it is not possible. Agree with CK about keeping the discussion on this phone. Plenty of threads in the Bionic area covering the discussion on whether going from 3G to 4G will cause you to lose unlimited data.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
There is no difference in the data plan so no it is not possible. Agree with CK about keeping the discussion on this phone. Plenty of threads in the Bionic area covering the discussion on whether going from 3G to 4G will cause you to lose unlimited data.

But is there a difference between a 3G plan and a 4G plan? :p