[NEW] Galaxy SII/Function/Fascinate 2 Release?

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I will believe it when I see it.

Well like I was saying a while back I heard the same thing and now some tech sites are picking up on the rumor as well. I'm not ready to put a stamp on it but it is shaping up pretty nicely.

Samsungs Galaxy S2 is prepping for world wide domination :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Not to be dismissive, but that article's sources are the same sources which themselves are just posting things based on rumor. Nothing is confirmed, and there are plenty of rumors going both ways.

The lack of info here is actually quite troubling, considering the launch windows for VZW.

Bionic is set for early August, and the new Iphone comes in September. VZW won't launch a new phone with fewer than 2 weeks spacing, because of the return policies. Either the GSII launches just after the Bionic, and just before the Iphone, or it might be launching closer to Sept-October. That late of a release, combined with the Bionic already being out, and the iphone already being out could really hurt the sales of this device here. If it launches that late, without LTE, I almost see the phone being somewhat irrelevant, especially if the Bionic is even a moderate success.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Not to be dismissive, but that article's sources are the same sources which themselves are just posting things based on rumor. Nothing is confirmed, and there are plenty of rumors going both ways.

The lack of info here is actually quite troubling, considering the launch windows for VZW.

Bionic is set for early August, and the new Iphone comes in September. VZW won't launch a new phone with fewer than 2 weeks spacing, because of the return policies. Either the GSII launches just after the Bionic, and just before the Iphone, or it might be launching closer to Sept-October. That late of a release, combined with the Bionic already being out, and the iphone already being out could really hurt the sales of this device here. If it launches that late, without LTE, I almost see the phone being somewhat irrelevant, especially if the Bionic is even a moderate success.

I would agree with your release time frame. That is about when the Fascinate came out.

colbysbb

May 24, 2011
Visit site
They have until the end of August to get me an SGS2. If not, then I will buy a "feature phone" and a tablet. Then I'll tell VZW to shove their data plan and I'll keep my money.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll be running to VZW on my lunch break to play with a Droid3 and I will ask if any of them have hear about a galaxy s2 release. I'll report back in about 2.5 hours......probably with no news.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll be running to VZW on my lunch break to play with a Droid3 and I will ask if any of them have hear about a galaxy s2 release. I'll report back in about 2.5 hours......probably with no news.

While you're there ask them about the Bionic, and laugh when they tell you that it's been scrapped and isn't coming out. My 88 year old grandma knows more about Verizon phones than their own reps do.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Let's just be clear... when the Reps know, you'll know. They're not privy to inside information. When they are, it's already been leaked. You might as well ask them the location of the lost arc.

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Alright I am back, three things:

1. I asked when the Galaxy S 2 is coming out, the guy did not know, but said he gets asked that question all the time.

2. The Droid 3 will be my next phone if the Galaxy S 2 is not out, or some sort of concrete release date known by Sept 30th. It is a very nice phone, great keyboard.

3. I asked when the Bionic was coming out, and the guy said that what he has heard is they are having issues with the GPS, but they are aiming for an Aug 11th release date. He had me sign up for something on their website to receive emails about its release.

Elite Busido

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Alright I am back, three things:

1. I asked when the Galaxy S 2 is coming out, the guy did not know, but said he gets asked that question all the time.

2. The Droid 3 will be my next phone if the Galaxy S 2 is not out, or some sort of concrete release date known by Sept 30th. It is a very nice phone, great keyboard.

3. I asked when the Bionic was coming out, and the guy said that what he has heard is they are having issues with the GPS, but they are aiming for an Aug 11th release date. He had me sign up for something on their website to receive emails about its release.
has a former CSR for VZW. store reps suck. they are just awful(except for the occasional manager). if you ever want to know if anything is new though, dont really ask the store or even really any one that works for VZW, because they will not know. youll know before them. you could maybe ask a CSR to check Doorways->Equipment and check under New or coming soon. SOMETIMES VZ will show something new

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The latest:

You couldn't have said it any better.... People on Verizon waiting for the GS II, Just keep in mind that Verizon will most likely screw up their version. No LTE, TONS of crap apps and maybe bing'd. Now, the unlocked GSM version of the GS II is a total different story. By the way, one of my reliable sources that test phones for Verizon told me that the GS II will have a late winter release. Not worth the wait if you ask me.

He didn't say what month but it looks like the holiday time frame (Nov/Dec). I?m sure it will be out before 2012. **I know some of you don?t believe me and that?s ok. But this same person told me when the i*hone 4 will be release for Verizon. He said February and sure enough it was. He told me that two month before and i didn?t even believe him.

You have a very odd definition of "late winter" then considering winter doesn't start until Dec. 22nd

Sorry about that. With out him saying, its seems to be a Holiday release. Thanksgiving or Christmas. Late winter as in Late Q4 this year. Sorry.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping that Holiday release is not true. As much as I want this phone, I'm not willing to wait that long. Only reason I feel like that could be true is because of Verizons track record. Let's face it, they love to get versions of really nice phones well after the fact when they aren't quite as glamorous because some other phone has been revealed with much better specs for another carrier. VZW loves to show up late to the party, but they do so well after the fashionable point.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
What if they go with the gs2 and make it a windows phone how would people feel then? Some were speculating that is what the delay was so that they could make it include the latest wp7 update(mango) Would people still want it then? It just seems strange for a delay if it is true until the holiday season for a phone that was announced months ago. Then again with verizons track record it wouldn't surprise me since they seem to get most phones way after they were announced.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I saw those posts. If it's gonna be a holiday release, it'd better be with LTE. Also, if it's that late, I'd be sporting a Bionic then.

Couldn't agree more. For me, if there still isn't any worthy release info (i.e. from a reliable source) by the time I can order a Bionic, then I'm just getting the Bionic. If I like it, I'll keep it. If not, I'll return it and wait for the next phone that revs my engine.

What if they go with the gs2 and make it a windows phone how would people feel then? Some were speculating that is what the delay was so that they could make it include the latest wp7 update(mango) Would people still want it then? It just seems strange for a delay if it is true until the holiday season for a phone that was announced months ago. Then again with verizons track record it wouldn't surprise me since they seem to get most phones way after they were announced.

My initial reaction is that I have zero interest in a Windows phone. Then again, I don't know anything about Mango and what's supposed to make it so great. Do Windows phones have app stores? If yes, are they extensive like Android's and Apple's? How about widgets? Are the phones customizable like Android or pretty much locked down like Apple?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol