[NEW] Galaxy SII/Function/Fascinate 2 Release?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. For me, if there still isn't any worthy release info (i.e. from a reliable source) by the time I can order a Bionic, then I'm just getting the Bionic. If I like it, I'll keep it. If not, I'll return it and wait for the next phone that revs my engine.

My initial reaction is that I have zero interest in a Windows phone. Then again, I don't know anything about Mango and what's supposed to make it so great. Do Windows phones have app stores? If yes, are they extensive like Android's and Apple's? How about widgets? Are the phones customizable like Android or pretty much locked down like Apple?

That's exactly what I posted in the "How long are you willing to wait" thread in the GSII forum. I've just waited far too long and need to move on from my BlackBerry.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The latest:

That post is a load of crap. He says the Guy said late winter then goes ahead and says he didn't specify when but goes on to say it will be a holiday release.

Irks me when people post stuff like that. They just make things up as they go along. Go back and read his last post its ridiculous.

Sent from my Droid

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
That post is a load of crap. He says the Guy said late winter then goes ahead and says he didn't specify when but goes on to say it will be a holiday release.

Irks me when people post stuff like that. They just make things up as they go along. Go back and read his last post its ridiculous.

Sent from my Droid

As more and more time rolls by without a single piece of real information coming from Samsung or Verizon rumors like this will be a dime a dozen. There were reports that this phone was coming out in May, late June, and it's getting close to August.

By any standard the wait is getting ridiculous.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
As more and more time rolls by without a single piece of real information coming from Samsung or Verizon rumors like this will be a dime a dozen. There were reports that this phone was coming out in May, late June, and it's getting close to August.

By any standard the wait is getting ridiculous.
I concur...

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I concur...

It seems like it would be in Samsung's best interest to leak some kind of information before the Bionic hits shelves. There are a ton of original Droids up for new phones and the Bionic is going to get many of them if there's no other choice.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It seems like it would be in Samsung's best interest to leak some kind of information before the Bionic hits shelves. There are a ton of original Droids up for new phones and the Bionic is going to get many of them if there's no other choice.

Heck my X is up for NE2 and unless some glimmer of hope for the S2 shows up soon I may end up going with the Bionic myself - as much as I want a S2.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't surprise me if the Function rolled out before or shortly after the Bionic dropped.

Sent from my Droid

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't surprise me if the Function rolled out before or shortly after the Bionic dropped.

Sent from my Droid

There's a lot of Bionic buzz around an August launch... seems difficult to believe that the Function would suddenly arrive. Let's hope it happens.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Droid

They better get the function through the fcc then if they want to release it close to the bionic. I mean that is one big step that once that happens usually a release isnt too far out( barring any major issues that are discovered)

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
They better get the function through the fcc then if they want to release it close to the bionic. I mean that is one big step that once that happens usually a release isnt too far out( barring any major issues that are discovered)

I thought a version of the GS2 went through the FCC months ago?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
How can NE2 be up on the X already? It's only a year old?

VZW has always given me the early upgrade credit deal about a year before the formal NE2 should apply. I could get a Droid 3 now with a contract extension for $149 with my corporate discount. I dunno - it's not 2 years and maybe it's more once the full 2 years hits - but they apply it early I guess and I'll be using it for either a Bionic or S2 (hopefully a S2).

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
which is good for us ATT/Tmobile people
:eek:

Well not so much for T-Mobile, unless you're content with 2G data speeds. AT&T would be the network to activate an unlocked GSM version of the SGS2 if you were willing to plunk down the cash for an unbranded one.

Regarding FCC clearance, yeah that was Samsung sending through the stock international version of the device. Each US specific carrier model will see their own individual passes through the FCC.