I have been waiting for this phone since it was announced and it sure has been a long wait. It seemed that my barely functioning BB Storm got worse by the day. Yesterday it spent more time off than on, turning itself off, taking 30 minutes to reboot, dropping calls. I finally got fed up and got Verizon to send me a Dinc2 for free so I jumped on it as I need a functioning phone. Dealing with my BB for another month seemed impossible.

I might end up buying the SGS2 at retail though if I can still sell a barely used Dinc2 for decent money on Ebay and only end up with a 200$ difference since I am sure I would have paid 200$ for the SGS2 anyway. We will see. As excited as I am to finally get into the Android world, I am dissapointed I couldn't make it till the release of the SGS2 because it seems like an amazing device.
    06-25-2011 08:37 AM
    Did you try to fight them on that to see if they would have sent you an older model of Android phone, but allowed you to keep your upgrade? I would have told them that you were waiting on the S2 and that you just need a holdover phone until then. The good news is you should still be able to eBay your DINC 2 and get good money.

I feel you though, my Storm is doing all sorts of messed up stuff and I'm hoping it will hold out a bit longer.
    06-25-2011 01:07 PM
    Did you try to fight them on that to see if they would have sent you an older model of Android phone, but allowed you to keep your upgrade? I would have told them that you were waiting on the S2 and that you just need a holdover phone until then. The good news is you should still be able to eBay your DINC 2 and get good money.

I feel you though, my Storm is doing all sorts of messed up stuff and I'm hoping it will hold out a bit longer.
    Didn't think of that to be honest. Just kinda thought one way that I would only be happy with the Dinc2 for free, being that free is a good price, my first choice of all phones out now, and something I could resell for decent money down the road is the SGS2 becomes a must have.

Overall, I wish my BB would have lasted till the SGS2 but with the situation I was dealing with, I am very happy with a free Dinc2.
    06-25-2011 04:09 PM
    As long as you are happy then that is the important thing. I don't think you will have a hard time selling it if you decide to buy the S2 at retail price. Good luck with that and congrats on having a phone that no longer frustrates you.
    06-25-2011 04:45 PM
    Didn't think of that to be honest. Just kinda thought one way that I would only be happy with the Dinc2 for free, being that free is a good price, my first choice of all phones out now, and something I could resell for decent money down the road is the SGS2 becomes a must have.

Overall, I wish my BB would have lasted till the SGS2 but with the situation I was dealing with, I am very happy with a free Dinc2.
    I'm with you on this one. My BB has been on it's last leg since 4 months after they sent me the replacement. The first one broke at 4 months as well. RIM makes garbage. So, my Bold stopped ringing, so I resurrected my old Blackberry Curve 8310 from 5 years ago. It's terrible, but at least it rings. I've been waiting to upgrade to the S2, but will only give them to the end of the month. I can't run my business using this worthless BB. Since I doubt the S2 will be released to the US any time soon because AT&T probably needs more time to screw up the phone, I'm looking at alternatives. I really don't know where to start. know I want Gingerbread because, from what I've read, Samsung doesn't upgrade their phones very often and, I need a larger screen. After typing on a BB for so many years, touchscreen keyboards turn me into a 2 year old.
    07-13-2011 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD