08-20-2011 07:14 AM
133 12345 ...
tools
    One Phone to rule them all....
    06-28-2011 01:23 PM
    If Sprint merges with Google, I'm switching in an instant.
    same here!
    06-28-2011 02:22 PM
    06-28-2011 02:28 PM
    Personally this is what i want:
    4G:On T-mobile, Sprint, and everyone else
    Ice cream sandwich
    NFC
    Micro SD Card unlike the nexus S
    a lot of internal memory (which oi know will happen if Samsung makes it the downfall of samsung making it is their cheap materials, so for that i would prefer HTC)
    Dual-core at the least, but i really really want Tegra 3
    Nice big battery
    Led Notifications
    The new mytouch 4g slide camera (T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide made official alongside seven new HSPA+ cities | PhoneDog) wouldnt hurt to improve on it
    SUPER AMOLED HD
    Available in different colors: Black, White, and more if any (i like options)
    Fingerprint scanner
    4.3-4.5inch screen
    Front facing camera
    This would be my dream Nexus phone
    06-28-2011 02:36 PM
    Personally this is what i want:
    4G:On T-mobile, Sprint, and everyone else
    Ice cream sandwich
    NFC
    Micro SD Card unlike the nexus S
    a lot of internal memory (which oi know will happen if Samsung makes it the downfall of samsung making it is their cheap materials, so for that i would prefer HTC)
    Dual-core at the least, but i really really want Tegra 3
    Nice big battery
    Led Notifications
    The new mytouch 4g slide camera (T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide made official alongside seven new HSPA+ cities | PhoneDog) wouldnt hurt to improve on it
    SUPER AMOLED HD
    Available in different colors: Black, White, and more if any (i like options)
    Fingerprint scanner
    4.3-4.5inch screen
    This would be my dream Nexus phone
    Everything you said don't take out the stupid camera for the Nokia N8 camera
    06-28-2011 02:50 PM
    Oh and very loud speaker my android phone is my iPod I refuse to get apple products unless its a MacBook lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    06-28-2011 02:52 PM
    This is what I want (found at http://forum.androidcentral.com/rumo...ext-nexus.html):
    -4.3 inch qHD display
    -HTC-made
    -Tegra 3, 1.2 GHz dual core Qualcomm processor, or 1.2 GHz dual core Exynos for a Samsung-made phone
    -dual channel memory (like the Optimus 3D)
    -HDMI out
    -Verizon LTE (although I'd want an GSM version so I could use it on AT&T)
    -12+ mp camera with 1080p recording
    -2+ mp front facing camera
    -NFC
    -"All GSM/CDMA frequencies, with support for both Verizon AND AT&T LTE"
    -Personally, I would prefer hard buttons, but it doesn't really matter to me
    -1GB of RAM
    -Notification light
    -HDMI Mirroring
    06-28-2011 03:17 PM
    Hmm.... Google as a wireless provider? I'm in. It'd be cheap, effective and have beta programs for whatever new technologies (WiMAX/LTE merge or new software/apps akin to GVoice) they could come up with! Has anyone thought that this may be a Global phone with a combo WiMAX/LTE radio which can be sim'ed to someone's network like Verizon already uses for their LTE? If so, they'd have CDMA, GSM, WiMAX (based off of the 802 standards so might be able to do a combo Wifi/Wimax radio) and LTE! Then it would work on ANY network!
    I think the phone would somehow explode if it housed all those radios. I wouldn't mind if it did though.

I can't wait until every major us carrier and the world for that matter is all in with lte.
    06-28-2011 03:48 PM
    I hope it will be HTC-made with:

*Dual core 1.2 or 1.5 Chip
    *1GB RAM
    *Battery that can last a full day
    *8MP camera with a good lens
    *Notification Light
    *LOUD speaker phone
    *4.5" Screen
    *Front Camera, 1.3MP
    *AT&T LTE
    *Camera Button
    *Ice Cream Sandwich
    *NFC (why not lol)
    *32 GB user accessible memory
    *Gyro, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
    06-28-2011 04:41 PM
    I hope it will be HTC-made with:

*Dual core 1.2 or 1.5 Chip
    *1GB RAM
    *Battery that can last a full day
    *8MP camera with a good lens
    *Notification Light
    *LOUD speaker phone
    *4.5" Screen
    *Front Camera, 1.3MP
    *AT&T LTE
    *Camera Button
    *Ice Cream Sandwich
    *NFC (why not lol)
    *32 GB user accessible memory
    *Gyro, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
    This just add 4g for sprint and the others,and super amoled HD screen

06-28-2011 05:51 PM
    You know, since everyone is just listing out what they want in the nexus, Google might as well make a "Build-a-Nexus Workshop" haha.
    06-28-2011 08:38 PM
    You know, since everyone is just listing out what they want in the nexus, Google might as well make a "Build-a-Nexus Workshop" haha.
    I've noticed all everyone says is "I want this and this", I can care less what you want. We're trying to be realistic here.
    06-28-2011 11:39 PM
    just pick up my nexus S and i have not be able to put it down unless it was being charged lol
    06-29-2011 07:07 AM
    just pick up my nexus S and i have not be able to put it down unless it was being charged lol
    Ya I was thinking of picking one up but then I was like nah ill just wait because I have a captivate running custom ROMs so its not that terribly different
    06-29-2011 07:15 AM
    We're gonna have our hands full with these new devices. Whatever happens we benefit. Hoping this comes to all carriers. The battle between this and the newest iPhone is going to be a colossal battle with lots of casualties. My Droid 2 no doubt will be one of these. The Nexus Prime will have a huge fight ahead of it. Not to mention that quad core will be on the horizon. Sure we don't need them now, but many will instantly complain if one or two months later a quad core phone hits the market. Recall how the Nexus S hit with only a single core and people were dissappointed. Sure it was fast, but people still wanted dual core since it was available.
    I was personally holding out for the SGS II but now I'm waiting on this Nexus Prime or whatever its going to be called. Here's hoping I'm blown away.
    orchidsbloom likes this.
    06-29-2011 10:59 AM
    We're gonna have our hands full with these new devices. Whatever happens we benefit. Hoping this comes to all carriers. The battle between this and the newest iPhone is going to be a colossal battle with lots of casualties. My Droid 2 no doubt will be one of these. The Nexus Prime will have a huge fight ahead of it. Not to mention that quad core will be on the horizon. Sure we don't need them now, but many will instantly complain if one or two months later a quad core phone hits the market. Recall how the Nexus S hit with only a single core and people were dissappointed. Sure it was fast, but people still wanted dual core since it was available.
    I was personally holding out for the SGS II but now I'm waiting on this Nexus Prime or whatever its going to be called. Here's hoping I'm blown away.
    +1

06-30-2011 11:06 AM
    Im excited for the next nexus and a 720p screen
    06-30-2011 04:02 PM
    Interesting thread
    06-30-2011 05:59 PM
    Doesnt prime mean like leader in transformers or something or like first of its kind?
    My guess is it refers to "3". This would be the third Nexus phone, and 3 is a Prime number.
    07-01-2011 06:56 PM
    My guess is it refers to "3". This would be the third Nexus phone, and 3 is a Prime number.
    Two is also a prime number.
    07-01-2011 07:44 PM
    That will be cool if they had a black nexus a white one and a transformers colored one

07-01-2011 08:59 PM
    A longtime original DROID user, I recently picked up a used iPhone4. The OG DROID wasn't doing it for me, even with CM7, and I needed a good interim phone for the next many months. I considered and tested a bunch of current android phones but wasn't happy with any of them. On an android site I am not going to go into detail but the iPhone 4 is darn good phone. Anyway, I have an "upgrade" coming on Verizon this fall, and I will look at the next iPhone and, hopefully, a Verizon nexus phone that ships with ice cream sandwich. I'm not going to play the android game via all the "differentiated" devices and their musical chair approach to bloatware, value-removing skins and geological timeframe updates.

I am sure the nexus prime or whatever the next nexus is called will be a hardware powerhouse, hopefully one with reasonable battery life. But over a 2-year contract (jail term), I want and need a robust overall user experience with timely os updates. For android, I am convinced that's a nexus phone, period. And given that I am (for all realistic purposes) geographically restricted to Verizon, a Verizon nexus phone is the only android game that will have my attention. I will watch closely and keep my fingers crossed.
    07-02-2011 07:52 AM
    I used to be on the WebOS bandwagon until I became an avid Android fanboy. I have owned 2 Droid X's in the span of 2 years simultaneously and I cannot wait for Verizon to get their first Nexus. I humbly implore Big Red to make sure this device graces the carrier... I love my service & I need hardware to love as well!
    07-02-2011 07:26 PM
    I used to be on the WebOS bandwagon until I became an avid Android fanboy. I have owned 2 Droid X's in the span of 2 years simultaneously and I cannot wait for Verizon to get their first Nexus. I humbly implore Big Red to make sure this device graces the carrier... I love my service & I need hardware to love as well!
    Always good to see converts from different OSs
    07-02-2011 08:09 PM
    Maybe the next Nexus will be Pi or something else more amusing to Google. If they had actually been serious about the Nortel Telecom patents they could have won them, instead they opted for mathematical humor and LOST. Disappointing since winning collective group each got what they needed.
    07-03-2011 04:41 PM
133 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD