Bobrowe78

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think that boy genius is right about the ti omap4 chip especially after the Netflix hd announcement it would make sense now so they can take advantage of the 720p screen

Last edited:

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
At this point the processor makes a difference but if the screen kicks that much arse I'm all over it regardless. Can't keep playing the waiting game or I'll find myself in 2013 saying "Oh I'll give in now with quad-core but wow those new chips on the roadmap are tempting to wait for!". Now please bring it to ATT with Nexus goodness.

Drzfr3shboialex

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I'm worried about this phone is how a dual-core will be able to push a 720p screen...

It's "Super Amoled HD" remember that it saves battery life,but according to BGR this is Samsung's version and each manufacturer has their own,I want the Samsung version but I'm worried on build quality,micro SD card(if there is none ill wait),sprint 4g,led notification(nice to have but no deal breaker like the quality/materials)

Soon to be Nexus Prime owner :D

njones0100

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was personally holding out for the SGS II but now I'm waiting on this Nexus Prime or whatever its going to be called. Here's hoping I'm blown away.

Same. My upgrade is in August. I was excited about the SGS II, but I would be devastated if a game-changer came out a few months after I burned my upgrade. Esp. w/ a 720p AMOLED screen running 4.0 with a holographic UI.

I may even wait a month or two after this is released to see what else is looming on the horizon.

I am confident that this would be a worthy successor to my DROID A855.

STEINBERG5

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
lol i would snap that one up in ONE second... well, i would snap up the phone in a second anyway but the transformers version would be SO awesome
I think the Droid eye on the DROID Charge looks like Optimus Prime's eye. Also if you look at the camera on the back of the Charge it looks like an autobot logo. Check it out!

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Won't be a problem, a single-core could do that. Laggedly so, but it would. 'Sides, Ice Cream should be 100% hardware accelerated. :)

^
OS will be hardware accelerated, for one.
CPU clock speeds will be higher on smaller nm processing (more energy efficient) as well as GPU's will be much better than we have today.
It's all finally coming together bwahahaha! :evil grin:

Reactions: STEINBERG5

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
With transformers 3 pre installed,and a transformer colored one that would be cool a deceptacon and a autobots version

Soon to be Nexus Prime owner :D

ya but i don't think they would preinstall transformers 3 cuz it's nexus and they don't preload or preinstall anything except for their google apps, etc.

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the Bionic rumored to be the first ice cream sandwich phone too? How can there be two firsts?

I love the idea of a vanilla ice cream sandwich phone on vzw, but I have my doubts on if vzw will allow this to happen given their track record.

I'd get the bionic but there are two things I just can't get over:
1. The locked bootloader. And I don't care if its "coming in Q3“. I might as well wait and get the best phone out in Q3 then. Perhaps the Nexus Prime will happen and be released by then.
2. Motoblur... boo!

If the Bionic were vanilla and unlocked I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Bionic rumored to be the first ice cream sandwich phone too? How can there be two firsts?

I love the idea of a vanilla ice cream sandwich phone on vzw, but I have my doubts on if vzw will allow this to happen given their track record.

I'd get the bionic but there are two things I just can't get over:
1. The locked bootloader. And I don't care if its "coming in Q3“. I might as well wait and get the best phone out in Q3 then. Perhaps the Nexus Prime will happen and be released by then.
2. Motoblur... boo!

If the Bionic were vanilla and unlocked I'd be all over it like a fat kid on cake.

ummmm.... no. The Bionic'll be Gingerbread, unless it gets delayed until after the Nexus Prime comes out. Even if Google decided to not release another Nexus Phone to be the first to have ICS, it would be the Nexus S (and possibly the Nexus One) getting it first. No chance the Bionic's getting ICS until after that, and I would bet pretty much anything that it'll have Blur (or whatever the heck Motorola calls their skin these days)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21