08-20-2011 07:14 AM
133 ... 3456
tools
    Seriously though what are our possiblities that this will have an LTE radio cause that is what it needs, those speeds would really compliment its hardware acceleration and processing power. With the trend though I would assume it will be a GSM device and crush my hopes and dreams.

Does anyone think that this will drop on VZW cause if not then it looks like ill have to settle for the blurrified Bionic.
    07-08-2011 10:06 AM
    Seriously though what are our possiblities that this will have an LTE radio cause that is what it needs, those speeds would really compliment its hardware acceleration and processing power. With the trend though I would assume it will be a GSM device and crush my hopes and dreams.

Does anyone think that this will drop on VZW cause if not then it looks like ill have to settle for the blurrified Bionic.
    If the rumors are true, this is going to be available for all US carriers. Of course, that's RUMOR. I expect if this is the case, each carrier will have its own 4g flavor.
    07-08-2011 10:28 AM
    If the rumors are true, this is going to be available for all US carriers. Of course, that's RUMOR. I expect if this is the case, each carrier will have its own 4g flavor.
    Sprint has a pretty good chance to have one of the first due to their relationship with Google
    07-08-2011 02:41 PM
    ummmm.... no. The Bionic'll be Gingerbread, unless it gets delayed until after the Nexus Prime comes out. Even if Google decided to not release another Nexus Phone to be the first to have ICS, it would be the Nexus S (and possibly the Nexus One) getting it first. No chance the Bionic's getting ICS until after that, and I would bet pretty much anything that it'll have Blur (or whatever the heck Motorola calls their skin these days)
    I'm pretty sure the bionic is coming out in the next week or so. I know there was an FCC article on here about it.
    07-08-2011 02:54 PM
    Sprint has a pretty good chance to have one of the first due to their relationship with Google
    +1 I think that Sprint will get it and maybe first in the US. I think they will release it as a world phone . Just like the Photon. Sprint and Google are getting close and that is a good sign for us (sprint users). so many phones to choose from.
    07-08-2011 04:20 PM
    Nice! I was hoping that we would see a world phone.
    07-08-2011 05:08 PM
    I'm pretty sure the bionic is coming out in the next week or so. I know there was an FCC article on here about it.
    ya but the point was definitely no ICS at launch
    07-09-2011 10:07 AM
    I *really* hope this comes out for Verizon. They have repeaters all over work, and while we might get a 2nd carrier under our new IT contract, sadly, it won't be Sprint (1.9 GHz bad for us, looong story).
    07-09-2011 03:11 PM
    I *really* hope this comes out for Verizon. They have repeaters all over work, and while we might get a 2nd carrier under our new IT contract, sadly, it won't be Sprint (1.9 GHz bad for us, looong story).
    I believe that the latest rumor says that all the major carriers, including Verizon, will be picking up the next nexus phone. Hopefully those rumors are true, though honestly I'll be switching to Sprint eventually anyways now that Verizon has killed unlimited data, and the next Nexus phone would give me the perfect excuse.
    07-09-2011 03:58 PM
    Having not seen a upcoming phone I like yet. I hope the next nexus phone comes to vzw , or sprint puts up a lot of towers around here one.
    The only reason I am still on vzw is because of AT&T , and Sprint coverage is too spoty around my home area and also my road trips.
    07-09-2011 04:18 PM
    I really hate sprint. There data speeds are so sloooooowwww. Please come to verizon!
    07-12-2011 10:28 PM
    I really hate sprint. There data speeds are so sloooooowwww. Please come to verizon!
    Not with Verizon's outrageous data charges.
    07-12-2011 10:39 PM
    Not with Verizon's outrageous data charges.
    This. Verizon's new tiered data prices are absurd. I'm just glad I got the $29.99 per month unlimited data plan wail I could.
    candroid90 and LegendarySoul like this.
    07-13-2011 12:48 AM
    I would never consider tiered data. I have raced at&t and Sprint folks here, and VZW isn't all that at all. I give them cred though, because in the hills they work, at&t dies, and sprint piggy backs.
    07-13-2011 01:02 AM
    I don't know if anyone has seen this, but it seems someone thinks its going to be HTC again, and will be focused on google+

HTC Nexus 3 aka Google Plus Phone, Facebook Status Rival
    07-13-2011 10:28 AM
    I don't know if anyone has seen this, but it seems someone thinks its going to be HTC again, and will be focused on google+

I don't think they will have a google+ button on it. One of the main points of the nexus is to set the standard for all Android phones. Putting a google+ button on to it will make it non-standard. Think about it. They will have to make new code for making a google+ button to work on that phone but is every phone going to have that? Then what about processors? The fact that you have to change code for processors is inevitable.
    07-13-2011 02:24 PM
    I don't think they will have a google+ button on it. One of the main points of the nexus is to set the standard for all Android phones. Putting a google+ button on to it will make it non-standard. Think about it. They will have to make new code for making a google+ button to work on that phone but is every phone going to have that? Then what about processors? The fact that you have to change code for processors is inevitable.
    Totally agreed.
    LegendarySoul likes this.
    07-13-2011 02:35 PM
    Data speeds?

Am I guessing that you DON'T read Sprint news? Sprint has SMS issues this time. It would be fix in no time along with Data Speeds. Look up. :P

Oh I don't think Nexus Prime goes to Verizon. If it does, you might would be crying for Verizon removes a few apps that require in order to work on Nexus Prime. Up to you.
    07-13-2011 05:22 PM
    I hope this comes to Verizon. Specs sound very attractive.
    07-14-2011 11:36 PM
    i would like to know which carriers are in the mix to get this. I've read that all four will get it, but we all know that wont happen
    07-15-2011 12:22 PM

That article was horrible. It sounds like it was written by a high school student in remedial english. Hasn't it already been confirmed the next Nexus will have no hardware buttons? Now they're just going to decide to throw a button back on there? The BGR article was more plausable than this

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-15-2011 12:37 PM
    i would like to know which carriers are in the mix to get this. I've read that all four will get it, but we all know that wont happen
    Dont be so sure. The iPhone is looking like it will branch to the major US 4 carriers.

If google wants to keep up, it will do the same with the "nexus". I think its safe to assume all 4 carriers will get a 4.0 launch device pure google style, but not all will be marketed as nexuses (nexii)?

Verizon will get a Droid something, and so on
    07-15-2011 02:12 PM
    Sprint is guaranteed, T-Mobile is pretty much guaranteed too. If it doesn't come out in the states for AT&T, then you'll be able to import it. As for Verizon, some think that they'll get it but I think it's more probable that they'll get a different phone, maybe a Droid, with stock android and Verizon crappware, and so do a lot of people.
    07-15-2011 04:48 PM
    I hope that bgr's report is correct. The specs are beast and this is my next phone for sure. I am switching to sprint from verizon to get this. Aaron kasten got some new info on the next nexus. He knows a guy that has been 100% in the past and says the next nexus is being made by samsung and its being looked at verizon right now
    Here what he sAaron Kasten - Jul 11, 2011 - Public
    It's Prime Time!

Remember that old VZW contact that showed me the Incredible before anyone knew what it was (http://twitpic.com/16ic9q)? What about the Merge, remember when I shared pictures of Verizon's first world phone before anyone else(http://www.androidguys.com/wp-conten...-Verizon-6.jpg Or how about the time I told you the next dessert name Google would use was honeycomb a month before anyone made it official (http://thedroidguy.com/2010/08/honey...gingerbread-14).

Well I ran into this awesome person again, and in passing got some interesting bits of Android deliciousness to share with you (please keep in mind we are way early in the life cycle of launching this device and things could change).

The Nexus Prime is real, and while that may not be the name at launch that is what they are calling it right now. The Nexus Prime is currently being looked at by Verizon, does that mean they will get it? I can't say for sure but it certainly would seem like it. The device is currently sporting a dual core processor, I do not know the chipset manufacturer yet but hope I get more info soon. Contrary to the rumors I saw earlier today, this device is manufactured by Samsung, with a target launch date of sometime in October.

There you have it. Nothing ground breaking, but some information from a source that has proven 100% correct in the past. I am sorry if you feel I am adding to the heap of rumors, that is not my intention. My goal is to help put out the wildfire of rumors surrounding this device.
    Collapse this postaid
    07-15-2011 10:48 PM
    Just glad to hear Verizon is looking at the device rather than completely dismissing it. I'm so ready for a Nexus device on Verizon, I'll gladly pay full retail without hesitation.
    07-15-2011 11:09 PM
133 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD