Jordan jones

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt verizon will let a pure android phone sell. Right now they are the worst of rather best at ruining phones remember they will Butcher a phone with Bing. I think it will be t-mobiles last nexus as the line moves to sprint. At&t and verizon suck at allowing android to reach its full potential.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt verizon will let a pure android phone sell. Right now they are the worst of rather best at ruining phones remember they will Butcher a phone with Bing. I think it will be t-mobiles last nexus as the line moves to sprint. At&t and verizon suck at allowing android to reach its full potential.

Why does Verizon even have a say in this?? Cant Google just have two versions made?? one GSM, with ATT's and Tmo's bands, and another CDMA with Sprint's and Verizon's bands and then just release it as a fully unlocked device??

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I wish people would stop thinking bgr's pic is of the actual device. IT'S A PICTURE OF THE NEXUS S!!!!

ya i new it was a nexus s, but do u think there's chance of the details being true, because they look pretty good, if not a little weird for samsung to put an OMAP processor in their phone, as I mentioned in my last post

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Why does Verizon even have a say in this?? Cant Google just have two versions made?? one GSM, with ATT's and Tmo's bands, and another CDMA with Sprint's and Verizon's bands and then just release it as a fully unlocked device??

because I think verizon has to agree to activate them in their stores, rite? Sorry if that was a total noob answer, I'm on AT&T and am not familiar with how CDMA networks deal with unlocked devices, since you can't just stick a SIM card in.

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only person who noticed a 720x1280 screen (2.25' x 4") would be a retina display (320 dpi, almost exactly same as iphone 326 dpi) and even though it would be 4.8" it would fit in the same sized phone as today's 4.3' screens (2.21" vs. 2.25").

I don't know about you but a dual core 1.5 ghz 4.8" screen with native 720p rendering sounds like a game changer. It will almost eliminate the benefit of carrying a tablet around all the time. Internet surfing and streaming video will be awesome and it will still fit as well in your pocket as a Samsung Galaxy S II.

Now that is some Ice Cream Sand-witch I want to sink my teeth into!

720p 1280x720 4.5" 326dpi DPI Calculator / PPI Calculator
I've been looking at 720p since I love the higher resolutions and I don't see myself going back down from the iP4 in that regard. The rumored LG P930 had me salivating.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
720p 1280x720 4.5" 326dpi DPI Calculator / PPI Calculator
I've been looking at 720p since I love the higher resolutions and I don't see myself going back down from the iP4 in that regard. The rumored LG P930 had me salivating.

where did the article say 4.5 inch screen? If it was 4 inch, the ppi would be 367, which beats the iphone 4. Even a 4.3 inch display would beat the iphone, with 341

alicklee

Jun 25, 2011
www.okok.ca
up here we have two version of that phone.
cmda/gsm hspa and aws version.
cdma/gsm hspa for all cmajor arries the 3.5 telus.bell. roger/fido
aws for wind/mobicity
i am sure one of those two model will work down there
sorry if the info in incorrect. but that what i read about.

good for me too because then i can import it if there isn't an official AT&T supported version, like the nexus s :)

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Yea Im just wondering, the article said 4G LTE and yes ATT and is putting up one of these networks however its not even up yet its seems crazy that Google would throw all its weight behind an ATT network that might only be working in a couple of cities if that by Xmas, so does that mean (dare I dream) that its coming to Verizon????? So is this report a big streaming pile or fact???? Sure with BMX was still with Verizon!!!

TheIrishManXVI

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
First of all (not to burst anyones bubble) Verizon will not support a completely open Android Platform where they can't lock down tethering and can't load their bloatware.

Secondly, At&t is the same way, the fact that the Nexus S didn't support 3G on AT&T should say something.

Thirdly, T-Mo is out of the question with all the drama that's going on with the merger/senate hearings. If I was a corp exec, that's the last place I'd launch a pilot operating system phone.

And lastly, Sprint and Google are getting nice and cozy in bed together with full google voice integration and the rapid launch of the Nexus S 4G, (T-mo sales were pathetic on both the Nexus One and S). Google is going to launch it where the developers have the most freedom to bring ICS to popularity... which is Sprint (the most desperate company, so they'll do whatever Google says.) The Prime is coming to Sprint... period.

And personally I hope its an HTC device, they seem to know what they're doing compared to Samsung, which Samsung's Galaxy line left a bad taste in customers' mouths. Plus if its a TI chipset, its more than likely a Motorola handset...

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
First of all (not to burst anyones bubble) Verizon will not support a completely open Android Platform where they can't lock down tethering and can't load their bloatware.

Verizon almost got the Nexus One - the availability said "coming soon" on google.com/phone for a while, until they pulled the plug. Perhaps Verizon and Google have come to an agreement two Nexus phones later?

Secondly, At&t is the same way, the fact that the Nexus S didn't support 3G on AT&T should say something.

The Nexus S 9020A supports U.S. AT&T 3G.

Thirdly, T-Mo is out of the question with all the drama that's going on with the merger/senate hearings. If I was a corp exec, that's the last place I'd launch a pilot operating system phone.

Keep in mind that the GSM Nexus is not an officially supported phone on any carrier here. Google doesn't need to reach an agreement with any GSM carrier - they just sell it themselves as an unlocked phone.

And lastly, Sprint and Google are getting nice and cozy in bed together with full google voice integration and the rapid launch of the Nexus S 4G, (T-mo sales were pathetic on both the Nexus One and S). Google is going to launch it where the developers have the most freedom to bring ICS to popularity... which is Sprint (the most desperate company, so they'll do whatever Google says.) The Prime is coming to Sprint... period.

Things do look good for future Nexus phones on Sprint. This doesn't necessarily affect the GSM version, however. Remember - the Nexus line is sold worldwide, and most of the world is GSM.

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

And personally I hope its an HTC device, they seem to know what they're doing compared to Samsung, which Samsung's Galaxy line left a bad taste in customers' mouths. Plus if its a TI chipset, its more than likely a Motorola handset...

Why Motorola? LG Optimus 3D has a TI chip.

But I'm with you on the HTC part. I also wouldn't mind if it was made by LG or Motorola. HTC makes solid hardware all around - interior and exterior. I really don't like that plastic feel of Samsung's phones! I feel like if I dropped my Nexus S on the ground it would shatter into pieces. That's why when I walk it's either in my pocket or I'm holding it with a death-grip! I know there's a lot of people who'd prefer a heavier aluminum unibody design than a featherweight shiny plastic.

Spec-wise, this next Nexus sounds great and all, but by the time it's actually released it might already have some competition, even if others don't have the next OS version.

TheIrishManXVI

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus S 9020A supports U.S. AT&T 3G.

Keep in mind that the GSM Nexus is not an officially supported phone on any carrier here. Google doesn't need to reach an agreement with any GSM carrier - they just sell it themselves as an unlocked phone.

Things do look good for future Nexus phones on Sprint. This doesn't necessarily affect the GSM version, however. Remember - the Nexus line is sold worldwide, and most of the world is GSM.

Ya, I'm not saying its not possible, just a very slim chance for Verizon... Was there an update for 3G on the Nexus S T-mo version or is the 9020A a different model? Cause I know when it first launched there was no 3G... I sold maybe 2 of them for AT&T customers when it first came out, now I just sell the Nexus S 4G...

And come to think of it, with Verizon's new tiered plans coming, they might just be getting ready for an open google device! I didn't even think of that...

TheIrishManXVI

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Why Motorola? LG Optimus 3D has a TI chip.

But I'm with you on the HTC part. I also wouldn't mind if it was made by LG or Motorola. HTC makes solid hardware all around - interior and exterior. I really don't like that plastic feel of Samsung's phones! I feel like if I dropped my Nexus S on the ground it would shatter into pieces. That's why when I walk it's either in my pocket or I'm holding it with a death-grip! I know there's a lot of people who'd prefer a heavier aluminum unibody design than a featherweight shiny plastic.

Spec-wise, this next Nexus sounds great and all, but by the time it's actually released it might already have some competition, even if others don't have the next OS version.

Ya I didn't even think about LG, it'd be nice to see LG get back in the races with a pure google phone, that'd help them a lot I would think.

Me personally, I'm waiting for these new TI OMAP 5 chips, those have me chomping at the bit for some sick battery life and 2GHZ Dual Core action!

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
where did the article say 4.5 inch screen? If it was 4 inch, the ppi would be 367, which beats the iphone 4. Even a 4.3 inch display would beat the iphone, with 341

OP had mentioned 4.8" screen with what seemed to me like incorrect dpi figures so I went with 4.5" for two reasons: in my estimation 720p on anything smaller than 4.5" would seem like a waste and 4.3" paved the way for larger handsets as well as we already have a couple of 4.5" released recently (see Infuse and Inspire); at 4.5" it would match the 326ppi on the iP4 which is a great looking screen and Android needs to at least match it in the "spec race" that we ourselves are pushing so it's no longer a ding against it on a comparison chart.
Just my opinions and "guesstimations" based in part on hardware trends and my own wishes for a better screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair