TZARvor

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
First of all (not to burst anyones bubble) Verizon will not support a completely open Android Platform where they can't lock down tethering and can't load their bloatware.

Secondly, At&t is the same way, the fact that the Nexus S didn't support 3G on AT&T should say something.

Thirdly, T-Mo is out of the question with all the drama that's going on with the merger/senate hearings. If I was a corp exec, that's the last place I'd launch a pilot operating system phone.

And lastly, Sprint and Google are getting nice and cozy in bed together with full google voice integration and the rapid launch of the Nexus S 4G, (T-mo sales were pathetic on both the Nexus One and S). Google is going to launch it where the developers have the most freedom to bring ICS to popularity... which is Sprint (the most desperate company, so they'll do whatever Google says.) The Prime is coming to Sprint... period.

And personally I hope its an HTC device, they seem to know what they're doing compared to Samsung, which Samsung's Galaxy line left a bad taste in customers' mouths. Plus if its a TI chipset, its more than likely a Motorola handset...

Now thats pure logic. I can go for that. And my job has repeaters everywhere. WOW I hope this happens.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon almost got the Nexus One - the availability said "coming soon" on google.com/phone for a while, until they pulled the plug. Perhaps Verizon and Google have come to an agreement two Nexus phones later?

The Nexus S 9020A supports U.S. AT&T 3G.

Keep in mind that the GSM Nexus is not an officially supported phone on any carrier here. Google doesn't need to reach an agreement with any GSM carrier - they just sell it themselves as an unlocked phone.

Things do look good for future Nexus phones on Sprint. This doesn't necessarily affect the GSM version, however. Remember - the Nexus line is sold worldwide, and most of the world is GSM.
Logical good sir.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Remember folks, BGR didn't say that the Nexus Prime is coming out for all carriers. He said that flagship devices will be coming out for all carriers - so like the OG Droid, Xoom, etc. I'm not sure what the rules are for "flagship" devices but I could see Verizon making them limit some things like the tethering before they allow it on their network.

mukarram1

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
imo It looks just like the Nexus of today. You can take a pick at the right angle not to show [the] buttons.

That picture is of the Nexus S turned off. Its just there to provide context, not really intended to be a preview of the phone. If they really did have pictures of the actual device, don't you think they would have discussed, or at least mentioned, the appearance? They've had and used that picture for a while with many of their Nexus themed posts

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see a phone like this on Verizon. Obviously, the LTE rumor would indicate most strongly Verizon, but AT&Tmo is building their LTE network as well. Further, Sprint will be moving to LTE (although I don't know when that would be). As previously mentioned, Sprint is also very much in bed with Google (to the point of a rumored merger between the two I think I read somewhere on this site). I don't think the argument that Verizon won't get it because of the tethering apps is bunk because NONE of the major providers want you to be able to tether for free. Also rumored with the release of ICS was the disappearance of capacitive/physical buttons, thus allowing for a larger screen in the sam physical space as the smaller screen/button combinations of today.

Whatever the specs and provider, here is what I'd like to see: An operating system and programs that can fully take advantage of the hardware. Give me something that works and works well. We're talking about quad-cores when dual cores can't even really be taken advantage of yet. I would appreciate a dual core beast that can be fully taken advantage of due to the software optimizing its operation than a real "spec monster" that can't last a day because of all the bleeding edge technology. Instead of upping my cores/screen size/speed, invest in battery technology so I'm not looking for an outlet every four hours. Isn't that truly the point of a "mobile" phone anyway? Give me a solid device that works as well on day 720 as day one. Afterall, we are getting locked in to contracts that only offer upgrades every two years these days. YMMV,

Bryan

bjballar41

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see a phone like this on Verizon. Obviously, the LTE rumor would indicate most strongly Verizon, but AT&Tmo is building their LTE network as well. Further, Sprint will be moving to LTE (although I don't know when that would be). As previously mentioned, Sprint is also very much in bed with Google (to the point of a rumored merger between the two I think I read somewhere on this site). I don't think the argument that Verizon won't get it because of the tethering apps is bunk because NONE of the major providers want you to be able to tether for free. Also rumored with the release of ICS was the disappearance of capacitive/physical buttons, thus allowing for a larger screen in the sam physical space as the smaller screen/button combinations of today.

Whatever the specs and provider, here is what I'd like to see: An operating system and programs that can fully take advantage of the hardware. Give me something that works and works well. We're talking about quad-cores when dual cores can't even really be taken advantage of yet. I would appreciate a dual core beast that can be fully taken advantage of due to the software optimizing its operation than a real "spec monster" that can't last a day because of all the bleeding edge technology. Instead of upping my cores/screen size/speed, invest in battery technology so I'm not looking for an outlet every four hours. Isn't that truly the point of a "mobile" phone anyway? Give me a solid device that works as well on day 720 as day one. Afterall, we are getting locked in to contracts that only offer upgrades every two years these days. YMMV,

Bryan

Amen I totally agree with u

TeddyMarinaro

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.... Google as a wireless provider? I'm in. It'd be cheap, effective and have beta programs for whatever new technologies (WiMAX/LTE merge or new software/apps akin to GVoice) they could come up with! Has anyone thought that this may be a Global phone with a combo WiMAX/LTE radio which can be sim'ed to someone's network like Verizon already uses for their LTE? If so, they'd have CDMA, GSM, WiMAX (based off of the 802 standards so might be able to do a combo Wifi/Wimax radio) and LTE! Then it would work on ANY network!

Drzfr3shboialex

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Personally this is what i want:
4G:On T-mobile, Sprint, and everyone else
Ice cream sandwich
NFC
Micro SD Card unlike the nexus S
a lot of internal memory (which oi know will happen if Samsung makes it the downfall of samsung making it is their cheap materials, so for that i would prefer HTC)
Dual-core at the least, but i really really want Tegra 3
Nice big battery :)
Led Notifications
The new mytouch 4g slide camera :D (T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide made official alongside seven new HSPA+ cities | PhoneDog) wouldnt hurt to improve on it
SUPER AMOLED HD
Available in different colors: Black, White, and more if any (i like options)
Fingerprint scanner
4.3-4.5inch screen
Front facing camera
This would be my dream Nexus phone :D

Last edited:

shingi_70

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Personally this is what i want:
4G:On T-mobile, Sprint, and everyone else
Ice cream sandwich
NFC
Micro SD Card unlike the nexus S
a lot of internal memory (which oi know will happen if Samsung makes it the downfall of samsung making it is their cheap materials, so for that i would prefer HTC)
Dual-core at the least, but i really really want Tegra 3
Nice big battery :)
Led Notifications
The new mytouch 4g slide camera :D (T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide made official alongside seven new HSPA+ cities | PhoneDog) wouldnt hurt to improve on it
SUPER AMOLED HD
Available in different colors: Black, White, and more if any (i like options)
Fingerprint scanner
4.3-4.5inch screen
This would be my dream Nexus phone :D

Everything you said don't take out the stupid camera for the Nokia N8 camera

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This is what I want (found at http://forum.androidcentral.com/rumored-devices/82518-next-nexus.html):
-4.3 inch qHD display
-HTC-made
-Tegra 3, 1.2 GHz dual core Qualcomm processor, or 1.2 GHz dual core Exynos for a Samsung-made phone
-dual channel memory (like the Optimus 3D)
-HDMI out
-Verizon LTE (although I'd want an GSM version so I could use it on AT&T)
-12+ mp camera with 1080p recording
-2+ mp front facing camera
-NFC
-"All GSM/CDMA frequencies, with support for both Verizon AND AT&T LTE"
-Personally, I would prefer hard buttons, but it doesn't really matter to me
-1GB of RAM
-Notification light
-HDMI Mirroring

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Hmm.... Google as a wireless provider? I'm in. It'd be cheap, effective and have beta programs for whatever new technologies (WiMAX/LTE merge or new software/apps akin to GVoice) they could come up with! Has anyone thought that this may be a Global phone with a combo WiMAX/LTE radio which can be sim'ed to someone's network like Verizon already uses for their LTE? If so, they'd have CDMA, GSM, WiMAX (based off of the 802 standards so might be able to do a combo Wifi/Wimax radio) and LTE! Then it would work on ANY network!

I think the phone would somehow explode if it housed all those radios. I wouldn't mind if it did though.

I can't wait until every major us carrier and the world for that matter is all in with lte.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I hope it will be HTC-made with:

*Dual core 1.2 or 1.5 Chip
*1GB RAM
*Battery that can last a full day
*8MP camera with a good lens
*Notification Light
*LOUD speaker phone
*4.5" Screen
*Front Camera, 1.3MP