08-20-2011 07:14 AM
133 123 ...
tools
    BGR says that will be the next name with a super amoled HD Made by samsung again but dual core not quad google it
    06-27-2011 01:09 PM
    Heres the article

Google's first Ice Cream Sandwich phone to be manufactured by Samsung, possibly dubbed 'Nexus Prime'

This seems to be good. Hopefully this thing is released in time for att's LTE drop later this year. This phone using that LTE network while using Tmobiles, 42mbps Hspa+ as a fallback would be full of win.

Also is quad core needed?
    06-27-2011 02:02 PM
    Dear Android God, please let this Verizon pick up this phone, it looks awesome.

Thank you,
    Matoya.
    06-27-2011 02:08 PM
    Sounds amazing. Really crossing my fingers for this to come onto Verizon's LTE network by November.
    06-27-2011 02:21 PM
    I say kill your contracts folks, this phone is Golden.
    06-27-2011 02:32 PM
    imo It looks just like the Nexus of today. You can take a pick at the right angle not to show hte buttons. will Samsung make the Next Nexus phone?maybe? will it be called Prime? I don't know . I remember awhile back , Prime was a LG named device. I think i would need to see more Pics and less fur before i get to excited.
    06-27-2011 03:53 PM
    imo It looks just like the Nexus of today. You can take a pick at the right angle not to show hte buttons. will Samsung make the Next Nexus phone?maybe? will it be called Prime? I don't know . I remember awhile back , Prime was a LG named device. I think i would need to see more Pics and less fur before i get to excited.
    Total buzz kill man.
    sndplace and Shinsuo like this.
    06-27-2011 04:04 PM
    I can definitely roll with this, if it hits Verizon. I thought I was in a dilemma having to choose between the Droid Bionic and the Samsung GSII. Now that this is in the mix, I think that my OG Droid can pull me through my first semester of college. I just want to know if it will bring any new hardware features to the game (ie - Nexus S with NFC). If 4.0 is it, then I will be happy, but this ice cream sandwich could use a little icing.
    06-27-2011 05:26 PM
    BGR says that will be the next name with a super amoled HD Made by samsung again but dual core not quad google it
    BGR also said the next Iphone would be a totally different form factor. That was quickly debunked by Bloomberg, which has far more insider contacts than BGR among both Apple and its suppliers.

He shovels a lot of barn floors, and every once in a while he strikes paydirt, but mostly he strikes another kind of dirt.
    colbysbb and crzycrkr like this.
    06-27-2011 05:55 PM
    If it comes to Verizon, it would be perfect timing for me. my contract ends in November..
    Axe likes this.
    06-27-2011 05:57 PM
    imo It looks just like the Nexus of today. You can take a pick at the right angle not to show hte buttons.
    It takes just the barest of photoshop skills to brighten that image enough to see that the buttons were shopped off.

So I suspect that the picture was just genned up for this article. Nobody made any claims that what was shown was a leaked photo of the NEXT phone, but they also never pointed out it was just a shop-job to serve as an example.
    06-27-2011 06:05 PM
    I've read many people's two cents on the next OS (and this phone), and here's mine --

What we know: Ice Cream Sandwich is going to be integrated into Google TV and designed for other devices... so what if we include the possibility of "Google TV" integrated with or within "Prime"? Google has already made the point that the OS is not fragmented and is designed the way it is today (which makes sense when you're dealing with multiple devices like TVs, tablets, cars, etc.. -- Android can be distributed to more devices than iOS)

We have a 720p capable screen... it's rare to find a 720p screen that has a screen ratio besides 16:9 and 16:10... and IMO I think it'll help encourage manufacturers to stick to those standards and mobile gaming developers to develop their games. Samsung's AMOLED HD? I've LOVE to see that.

This makes me believe the "Prime" is more than just about specs; it's the software that can actually make use of it. Ice Cream Sandwich has been kept under wraps for quite a while. There has to be something significant to the release that they can't mention just yet (and knowing the trends of companies, they try to keep up or surpass the competition). What we've received from IO 2011 was just a sneak peak of the possibilities that we can do -- and this just gets me excited even more to look forward to this device.

In terms of Quad core -- you need applications that can support that. If most modern PCs are running dual-core today, why hasn't there been an urge to throw quad-core in there yet (besides for gaming, which nVidia shows off very nicely)? Productivity isn't necessarily ideal on phones yet, however tablets have more opportunity to shine. In terms of gaming, something tells me that Google is working behind the scenes on something in the Gaming industry... they may not be ready to release another flagship phone running quad core just yet, but there's nothing stopping them from doing so either. I can see that happening on the following Nexus flagship device next year.

We'll see how the cards are played out.
    06-27-2011 06:15 PM
    Goodbye Motorola Droid 2. If anything about these rumors are true, I hope it's the idea that the next nexus device will be on verizon as well as other carriers. That way I don't have to drop my excellent service. I'm holding out for pure android. Forget all the rooting and waiting for updates for half a year or more, and give me ICS.
    06-27-2011 06:37 PM
    Doesnt prime mean like leader in transformers or something or like first of its kind?
    06-27-2011 06:41 PM
    A pure google phone with no crappy memory hogging skin and no horrible verizon apps no one uses?

Even if this phone did come out for verizon I wouldnt be able to get it because id be dead from massive shock.
    06-27-2011 07:01 PM
    Am I the only person who noticed a 720x1280 screen (2.25' x 4") would be a retina display (320 dpi, almost exactly same as iphone 326 dpi) and even though it would be 4.8" it would fit in the same sized phone as today's 4.3' screens (2.21" vs. 2.25").

I don't know about you but a dual core 1.5 ghz 4.8" screen with native 720p rendering sounds like a game changer. It will almost eliminate the benefit of carrying a tablet around all the time. Internet surfing and streaming video will be awesome and it will still fit as well in your pocket as a Samsung Galaxy S II.

Now that is some Ice Cream Sand-witch I want to sink my teeth into!
    06-27-2011 07:15 PM
    love the way that this phone is looking, but why would Samsung put an OMAP processor in their phone? They've pretty much always produced their own processors (Hummingbird, Exynos, etc.) The only way I could see them doing this is if Google "suggested" that they do it that way.
    06-27-2011 07:18 PM
    Am I the only person who noticed a 720x1280 screen (2.25' x 4") would be a retina display (320 dpi, almost exactly same as iphone) and even though it would be 4.8" it would fit in the same sized phone as today's 4.3' screens (2.21" vs. 2.25").

I don't know about you but a dual core 1.5 ghz 4.8" screen with native 720p rendering sounds like a game changer. It will almost eliminate the benefit of carrying a tablet around all the time. Internet surfing and streaming video will be awesome and it will still fit as well in your pocket as a Samsung Galaxy S II.

Now that is some Ice Cream Sand-witch I want to sink my teeth into!
    Toshiba's 720p HD display runs at 367 PPI vs Apple's 326 PPI, and thats a non AMOLED screen. I'm betting that the HD AMOLED screen will have at least 367 PPI if not more which decimates the retina display and on a MUCH larger screen.
    ibejack96 and rssolo23 like this.
    06-27-2011 07:28 PM
    omg wow I am just picking up a nexus s tomorrow and now i read this! what are the odds of this phone coming out by q3 of 2011.
    06-27-2011 07:30 PM
    It takes just the barest of photoshop skills to brighten that image enough to see that the buttons were shopped off.

So I suspect that the picture was just genned up for this article. Nobody made any claims that what was shown was a leaked photo of the NEXT phone, but they also never pointed out it was just a shop-job to serve as an example.
    Thank you. I wish people would stop thinking bgr's pic is of the actual device. IT'S A PICTURE OF THE NEXUS S!!!!
    06-27-2011 07:31 PM
    Thank you. I wish people would stop thinking bgr's pic is of the actual device. IT'S A PICTURE OF THE NEXUS S!!!!
    I dont care about the photos lol I am awe about the spec!
    LegendarySoul likes this.
    06-27-2011 07:35 PM
    I highly doubt verizon will let a pure android phone sell. Right now they are the worst of rather best at ruining phones remember they will Butcher a phone with Bing. I think it will be t-mobiles last nexus as the line moves to sprint. At&t and verizon suck at allowing android to reach its full potential.
    ajm91484 and LegendarySoul like this.
    06-27-2011 07:37 PM
    I highly doubt verizon will let a pure android phone sell. Right now they are the worst of rather best at ruining phones remember they will Butcher a phone with Bing. I think it will be t-mobiles last nexus as the line moves to sprint. At&t and verizon suck at allowing android to reach its full potential.
    Why does Verizon even have a say in this?? Cant Google just have two versions made?? one GSM, with ATT's and Tmo's bands, and another CDMA with Sprint's and Verizon's bands and then just release it as a fully unlocked device??
    06-27-2011 07:39 PM
    ya i new it was a nexus s, but do u think there's chance of the details being true, because they look pretty good, if not a little weird for samsung to put an OMAP processor in their phone, as I mentioned in my last post
    06-27-2011 07:41 PM
    Why does Verizon even have a say in this?? Cant Google just have two versions made?? one GSM, with ATT's and Tmo's bands, and another CDMA with Sprint's and Verizon's bands and then just release it as a fully unlocked device??
    because I think verizon has to agree to activate them in their stores, rite? Sorry if that was a total noob answer, I'm on AT&T and am not familiar with how CDMA networks deal with unlocked devices, since you can't just stick a SIM card in.
    06-27-2011 07:44 PM
133 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD