I was all set for the vzw phone and then something hit me. Yesterday I watched the transformers dark of the moon in 3d and I begin to think about all the 3d movies I have watched. My first movie was Beowulf in 3d and at the time it was one of the first 3d movies in a while, i know 3d movies were popular back in the 80s but it was not any where near the technology that came in the 21st century. But beowulf was eh.....seemed like the 3d was more of a gimmick to try to pull numbers. My second 3d movie I saw was green lantern and that was much better than beowulf but it still needed so finishing touches. Seeing transformers in 3d was awesome and it was the best 3d movie I have seen so far.
    So what's my point: It appears as technology is improving they are starting to get good as this 3d thing. And when I see some of the 3d phones out now I laugh because some of them I see gimmick just to get people to buy it and there are some that may be getting there.
    The next phone from Samsung I am predicting to be the Samsung Galaxy 3D and they are going to blow minds away. They are going to take something that is gimmicky and turn it into something useful. Now before you guys get your hopes sky high and ask me for proof I have to admit I dont have any because this is a prediction that is easy to be wrong. But if I am right and it turns out to be the best 3D phone out with the hardware to utilize the software to the fullest, those wanting a 3d phone will want it, those thinking 3d is a gimmick will be tempted, and those not wanting it will do a double take, and all will be amazed.

^ Cool story bro......................... only if it turns out to be true.
    06-29-2011 10:46 AM
    3D on a phone really doesn't excite me at all. I use my phone for quite a bit, but watching movies (3D movies at that) is not one of the things I do. So, I can't see myself signing up for any 3D phones ... ever.
    06-29-2011 11:13 AM
    I think if some of these phones that are 3D end up selling real well then you might be right. However, I think we are not getting anything like that until next year and no way will I wait that long. If they come out with a major 3D phone with better specs than the S2 then I might sell it and buy the new one at retail. One thing I like about the S2 is the camera and recording abilities in 1080P. The HTC EVO 3D takes a hit in that department because of the 3D abilities. I actually use my phone camera to take pictures and record video, so I rather have the higher HD capabilities. I'm just lazy and hate bringing a camera with me when I have a phone. It is also the novelty factor of 3D on a phone. I rarely watch full movies anyways on it, very doubtful that I will watch a 3D movie that means I have to keep the phone still to make sure I don't lose the effect. Just a matter of preference I guess. I think you would be better off with waiting for a 3D tablet if anything. Good luck on the wait.
    06-29-2011 11:16 AM
    3D on a phone really doesn't excite me at all. I use my phone for quite a bit, but watching movies (3D movies at that) is not one of the things I do. So, I can't see myself signing up for any 3D phones ... ever.
    Ditto.
    06-29-2011 11:49 AM
    I agree Charles. Even though I see 3D as beeing a gimmick consumers LOVE a good gimmick. If anybody will come out with a stellar 3D screen it will be Samsung.

Would I buy a 3D Galaxy? Probably. BUTT I would like the option to turn it off. I do see Samsung as a leader and innovator in 2012 ( in regards to Android) it's just a hunch though. Goes without saying that LG will be right there alongside them.
    06-30-2011 01:18 AM
    I am loving what LG is doing with that g button that you can use to assign functions to. As far as 3d it's a like it and love it thing and I think if done right it can be a nice feature. But options are important and people should be able to turn it off.

sent from tapatalk
    06-30-2011 06:59 PM
    I definitely won't write it off piolet. I agree, 3D technology will soon be a phenomenon.
    06-30-2011 07:05 PM
    I agree, 3D technology will soon be a phenomenon.
    sort of like you....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    06-30-2011 07:09 PM
    sort of like you....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    You are hilarious bro ha ha, I would insist on turning the tech off too.
    06-30-2011 07:13 PM
    In other news Aaron over at phonedog can't stop talking about the Glaxy S2. It's making all his top 5 lists lol

He's never been this stoked over an Android phone. Can't say I blame him

Aaron's Top 5 upcoming devices | PhoneDog
    06-30-2011 07:35 PM
    I like going to best buy, so I can briefly take a peek at a 3d tv say "gee thats kinda cool looking" then go home and forget about it for another 2 months.

My point is, I'll enjoy a 3d movie maybe once or twice a year and thats it, I dont want it at home, I dont want it in my video games, and I wont want it in my phone.

Sure, people will buy phones with the feature. But then again a lot of people bought 3d tvs. Just not for me, I think its "neato" and all, just in very very small doses. But if its for you, I say go for it, its all about choice and if you think its worthwhile, then buy it up. I just dont see it being the next BIG thing.
    07-04-2011 09:56 AM
    Considering the 3d optical illusion gives me a literal headache watching it, I really don't want a 3d phone.
    07-04-2011 10:19 AM
    I didn't realize this was even a 3d phone...
    07-04-2011 05:34 PM
    My point is, I'll enjoy a 3d movie maybe once or twice a year and thats it, I dont want it at home, I dont want it in my video games, and I wont want it in my phone.
    My feelings exactly.
    07-04-2011 06:00 PM
    Played with a 3d phone and now I must admit to backtracking on my thoughts. On paper it looks cool, but after playing with it for awhile, eh 3D is for the movie theater.
    Too expensive for me to buy a 3D tv now when they still playing with the technology.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    07-04-2011 07:45 PM
    I remember thinking as soon as I heard of the Nintendo 3DS - 3D no glasses means 3D cell phones. *pause....... Holy sh!t! Hell yea, bout freakin' time though really! Soon after, I heard about the Evo 3D and here we are, now, today on the verge of the cell phone 3D revolution. I imagine Christmas this year will be great.
    07-23-2011 10:55 PM
    the only reason i am holding off on this phone is that its already been out for 3 months worldwide. usually by that time, a newer phone is already out. so when this comes to verizon, will we see something else come out very quickly being that this phone was already deployed 3 months ago??
    07-26-2011 03:39 PM
    the only reason i am holding off on this phone is that its already been out for 3 months worldwide. usually by that time, a newer phone is already out. so when this comes to verizon, will we see something else come out very quickly being that this phone was already deployed 3 months ago??
    The specs on it are still worlds ahead of other phones out there right now. Except for maybe the Nexus Prime. But that won't come out til later this year.
    07-26-2011 03:41 PM
    Going to wait for some more Prime news, but as things stand, I'm likely to wait for the Prime.
    07-26-2011 03:52 PM
    Yes but nothing comes close to running as smooth and fast as it. Newer does not necessarily mean better.

Sent from my Droid
    07-26-2011 04:42 PM
    Hopefully the nexus prime will make its way to verizon so we can all stop getting hosed with locked down skinned phones that take forever to update. I wanted the nexus 1 and then they pulled the quick one on us so we will see how this plays out.
    07-26-2011 06:09 PM
    I think this 3D stuff is a waste. It creates unnecessary eye strain and IMHO, you are going to see a lot of eye problems increase in the coming years with all these 3D TV's and electronics. Samsung has reported that they are looking into this eye strain and problems that the 3D technology in TV's are causing.
    07-28-2011 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD