[App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did , when I clicked on the apk it asked me if I wanted to root, I says yes, it rooted and that was it. If I open the app it says you are already rooted. I unrooted with Super SU and did it again , same thing. Also how do you add apps to the multi view bar?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did , when I clicked on the apk it asked me if I wanted to root, I says yes, it rooted and that was it. If I open the app it says you are already rooted. I unrooted with Super SU and did it again , same thing. Also how do you add apps to the multi view bar?
i havnt had time to finish my write up on multi windows but you get get it from here [MOD][VZW Edition] Add all apps to multi-window build LJB - xda-developers

Im rooted aswell and when i go to open the app i get this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-18-18-53-25.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-18-18-53-25.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 53

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
OK I figured it out. I had Ver 1.0 I had downloaded from somewhere at XDA the other day. The Ver here is 1.30, works perfect. Got the menu like posted above and have root. Thanks all.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Im getting my note 2 on friday. Is there any reason to using the other method over doing this? Also if i were to use this and decide i wanted to return my phone to verizon within the 2 weeks i could just unroot with super user and thats it? Thanks for the help

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Im getting my note 2 on friday. Is there any reason to using the other method over doing this? Also if i were to use this and decide i wanted to return my phone to verizon within the 2 weeks i could just unroot with super user and thats it? Thanks for the help

This is fine for low level mods such freezing apps and making Backups.
This app has an unroot function aswell. To go back to stock undo any changes you have made and unroot and you will be back to stock.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This is fine for low level mods such freezing apps and making Backups.
This app has an unroot function aswell. To go back to stock undo any changes you have made and unroot and you will be back to stock.

So i wouldnt be able to unlock my bootloader after this and then install ROMs?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So i wouldnt be able to unlock my bootloader after this and then install ROMs?

You would but if you are going to unlock I would skip this method altogether. When you unlock the casual program will root you first

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You would but if you are going to unlock I would skip this method altogether. When you unlock the casual program will root you first

Thanks for all the great quick responses. I will unlock my phone and just gain root from that process like you said :)

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If i am planning to unlock my bootloader soon could i use this app so that i can get titanium back up and back up all my stuff first?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If i am planning to unlock my bootloader soon could i use this app so that i can get titanium back up and back up all my stuff first?

Yesv that is a good plan. Then use the unroot option. But leave the exploit alone. During the unlock process your phone will be rooted again. And It needs to use the exploit. Patching it will render the unlock process useless and we will have to flash a stock image b and start over.

So root and unroot. Nothing else.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yesv that is a good plan. Then use the unroot option. But leave the exploit alone. During the unlock process your phone will be rooted again. And It needs to use the exploit. Patching it will render the unlock process useless and we will have to flash a stock image b and start over.

So root and unroot. Nothing else.

Thanks for all your help DroidXcon. I dont know how I would have gotten started without you on this forum. Im still debating how I like the screen size so im not going to unlock it yet. I have one more week to return to verizon but i think its a keeper. For now i will leave the exploit disabled but I will unroot and re-enable the exploit when I am ready to unlock it.

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Visit site

You can if you want for piece of mind, but rooting & unlocking doesn't wipe anything, so you won't lose any data if it is done properly.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908