[App] OneClick Root/Patch security exploit

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem - I installed the update. I am having trouble. I have complete stock. I tried doing the casual, but it will not connect to my phone. I put the phone in recovery mode (I think) and casual said it wasn't connected. I want to root then back up with Titanium so I can then unlock and install a rom. I used to do this with my galaxy nexus, but I don't remember it being this difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem - I installed the update. I am having trouble. I have complete stock. I tried doing the casual, but it will not connect to my phone. I put the phone in recovery mode (I think) and casual said it wasn't connected. I want to root then back up with Titanium so I can then unlock and install a rom. I used to do this with my galaxy nexus, but I don't remember it being this difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Needs to be in download mode not recovery

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Visit site
does anyone here know how to root and samsung galaxy player 3.6 :(

Please don't take this the wrong way even though it is going to come out like I am being an a**hole, but it's always best to try to find a thread about the actual device you are looking for info on because you know all of those people have that device instead of asking somewhere random. A simple way to do that is by Googling something like "how to root Galaxy player".

XDA is always a good start.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1424358

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
You probably updated your phone which patched the security hold.
Use this instead
[Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] CASUAL One-Click -- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux - xda-developers
Jailbreak(bootloader unlock) / Root / TWRP Recovery -- Even after update [26JAN13]
Rooted tonight using the Casual method. The overall process is not quite one click, but close. I had to update Java on my Windows 7 VM, and after that the Casual jre ran fine. Since I had never connected my Note 2 to the VM, it took awhile for the drivers to install. All the while Casual was trying to execute. My mistake for firing up Casual before the driver install completed, but was excited to get started. Give developer(s) for this credit to have error handling logic sufficient to keep looping through until the drivers install completed. All I had to do was keep clicking on that particular Casual dialog box. Casual did the rest, and afterward I flashed CleanROM Verizon SE 2.0 per instructions on scottsroms. Overall the process works great.

nightelfdruid

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm concerned about whether or not this worked. I clicked do it. Nothing happened. It sat there. I clicked link status, restored functions... Ran boot loader update through autoplay options... Then hit do it again... Nothing. Restarted pc/phone... Now when I plug my phone in, I can use it like a storage device and browse folders through explorer. Does this mean it worked?

UPDATE: Blah. It's apparent my USB drivers are not properly installing. Been trying to get this figured out for the past hour.

Conclusion: I am a failure.

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm concerned about whether or not this worked. I clicked do it. Nothing happened. It sat there. I clicked link status, restored functions... Ran boot loader update through autoplay options... Then hit do it again... Nothing. Restarted pc/phone... Now when I plug my phone in, I can use it like a storage device and browse folders through explorer. Does this mean it worked?

UPDATE: Blah. It's apparent my USB drivers are not properly installing. Been trying to get this figured out for the past hour.

Conclusion: I am a failure.
Did you get the USB driver working? The Casual developer, Adam Outler, has some good troubleshooting tips a few replies down in the XDA link posted by DroidXcon.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Is this Casual One Click working for the 4.1.2? I have updated to the new version (4.1.2) and really want to root, I was going to root it the day the update came and just hoping now that I still can.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is this Casual One Click working for the 4.1.2? I have updated to the new version (4.1.2) and really want to root, I was going to root it the day the update came and just hoping now that I still can.

You need to go to his link and get the most up to date version that he says works but since I didn't update nor do I plan to I don't know. I would go read the last couple pages of his thread , I would but I have been kind of busy

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
You need to go to his link and get the most up to date version that he says works but since I didn't update nor do I plan to I don't know. I would go read the last couple pages of his thread , I would but I have been kind of busy

I did go over to XDA and Adam says that Casual will still work for rooting. If the original doesn't work then Adam has developed a revised one that might.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
DroidXcon - Do you know, for sure, if Casual is good to use for rooting. I have been seeing some having issues such as boot looping. I just want to be safe about this. I know I said that I read that Adam says it good to go but like I said, some are having problems. Thanks in advance.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
DroidXcon - Do you know, for sure, if Casual is good to use for rooting. I have been seeing some having issues such as boot looping. I just want to be safe about this. I know I said that I read that Adam says it good to go but like I said, some are having problems. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind....I went ahead and downloaded Casual just to see if my N2 would get at least recognized by the root app and well....NO, it didn't! :( I guess I will be waiting on a new Casual that will work with 4.1.2!

nightelfdruid

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
So I got the driver installed, and it kept bricking my phone. I now have it set up on the root66 stock rom with root. Gave up on the Casual thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user