[Mod] S Planner Calendar widget

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

[WARN]
Android Central nor myself take any responsibility for any modification you make to your own phone. Even if your phone sprouts legs, steals your car ,uses your credit cards or sleeps with your girl. NOT OUR FAULT!
Follow Directions carefully, ask if you need help and above all else, never panic.
That being said, HAVE FUN!!
Root access is required for this modification
[/WARN]​
Installing S Planner calendar widget
[NOTE]Below is a Mirrored download to Verizon Galaxy Note 2 S Planner widget apk. This was taken from Sprint Galaxy note 2 variant. The apk is deodexed. So you will have to disable its odex counter part if you are still on your stock odexed rooted rom [/NOTE]
SPlannerWidget.apk

e2yjy2ad.jpg
Apk Download
Using a File manager (free or paid)[/B]
If you choose not to use Titanium backup there are other options.Using any File manager from the market that gives you root management such as Root Explorer or File Manager you can rename apps rendering them disabled and unable to restart themselves. The example below is using Root explorer but the basic principles would apply to any root file manager application.

Root Explorer

Making it root managing accessible:
MountRORW.png

Navigating Root Explorer:
NavigateRootExplorer.png
Renaming a file to disable it, in this example an apk ( to re-enable the app rename it from .bak to .apk)
Rename.png
Using a file manager

Using Root Explorer
1.Download the SPlannerAppWidget.apk to your computer.
2.Copy the app to your phone in a folder that you prefer and will remember where you put the file
3.Using root explorer Find the SPlannerAppWidget.apk that you placed on your phone and copy it by long pressing on the file and selecting copy
4.Using the back button on your phone navigate to the /System/app directory
5.At the top of root explorer Mount your app folder as R/W (read-write)
6.Press paste root explorer will give a pop up warning that the file already exists . do you want to over write. Hit YES
If you are running a deodexed rom skip to Step #8
7.In that same folder find SPlannerAppWidget.odex long press the file and select rename. Rename it from SPlannerAppWidget.odex to SPlannerAppWidget.bak
8. At the top of root explorer Mount your app folder as R/O (Read-Only)
9. Reboot you phone and enjoy your New widgets.
[INFO]I tried to make videos tonight but its 6am and im tired, ill try to get a video up tomorrow[/INFO]
Instructions

Credits
Installing S Planner calendar widget

Last edited:

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Ya know I simply replaced the existing splannerwidget.apk like I did with the system one for the wifi toggle. I did see the odex file. I did the wrong one eh? Any way to undo what I did?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ya know I simply replaced the existing splannerwidget.apk like I did with the system one for the wifi toggle. I did see the odex file. I did the wrong one eh? Any way to undo what I did?
the first part was fine but you need to rename the odex file as PER THE INSTRUCTIONS in my post lol

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I saw that but I was under impression the step you noted was the people that did the more complex root and not the easy one. Please tell me what I can/should do.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I saw that but I was under impression the step you noted was the people that did the more complex root and not the easy one. Please tell me what I can/should do.

Using your file manager navigate to the /System/app directory
At the top of root explorer Mount your app folder as R/w (Read-Write)
In that folder find SPlannerAppWidget.odex long press the file and select rename. Rename it from SPlannerAppWidget.odex to SPlannerAppWidget.bak
At the top of root explorer Mount your app folder as R/O (Read-Only)
Reboot

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think what screwed me up the first time (and caused me to bootloop) was I attempted to fix permissions. The instructions don't say to do so.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Droid, as I was playing with my new widget I realized the s pen air view feature doesn't work. I can't remember if it should? Fortunately it does on the calendar app. Also, aren't we able to use s pen features on widget? My s pen additions to calendar app doesn't show on the widget! :(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Droid, as I was playing with my new widget I realized the s pen air view feature doesn't work. I can't remember if it should? Fortunately it does on the calendar app. Also, aren't we able to use s pen features on widget? My s pen additions to calendar app doesn't show on the widget! :(

Ib have not seen any place that air view works with the planner so I am not sure.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i copied the file to my sd card but when i use root explorer i cant find the file on my sd card

Are you looking in the correct place.
External sdcard is found in this path
/storage/extsdcard
/sdcard is the internal sdcard

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

greggonzo1

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
ok followed the instructions..or so I thought... I rebooted and do not see any additional widgets.. I do see another app called calendar that looks like s planner but no widget..

black1234

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm having trouble finding s planner calender widget odex all I see the apk. Can some one help I'm running beans town build 1 I'm a noob at this thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel