Add all apps to multi-window build LJB

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok after my last attempt to do this didn't go so well I'm looking at another method of getting multi-window support for all apps.

[MOD][VZW Edition] Add all apps to multi-window build LJB - xda-developers

This seems to fit what I'm running. Stock VZW rom with the exploit mod used to root. Seems pretty easy till I get down to the warning.

"services.odex is actually in use, so you may not be able to replace it before it reboots, which will cause you to boot loop. Just ODIN the root image again and try again. People have gotten it to be replaced after an attempt or two."

Ok what is this about ODIN the root image again? I've flashed my phone back to stock with ODIN but not sure what is meant by this. Anyone know the chance of me running into this issue? Want to add this feature but not so sure I'm wanting to have to reflash my phone multiple times to get it to work.

Any tips on doing this?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok after my last attempt to do this didn't go so well I'm looking at another method of getting multi-window support for all apps.

[MOD][VZW Edition] Add all apps to multi-window build LJB - xda-developers

This seems to fit what I'm running. Stock VZW rom with the exploit mod used to root. Seems pretty easy till I get down to the warning.

"services.odex is actually in use, so you may not be able to replace it before it reboots, which will cause you to boot loop. Just ODIN the root image again and try again. People have gotten it to be replaced after an attempt or two."

Ok what is this about ODIN the root image again? I've flashed my phone back to stock with ODIN but not sure what is meant by this. Anyone know the chance of me running into this issue? Want to add this feature but not so sure I'm wanting to have to reflash my phone multiple times to get it to work.

Any tips on doing this?

Slim to none. And if you do loop you can flash one of the rooted stock images without losing data

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
See this is where my confusion comes in. You flashed Odin AFTER having the root exploit method and then followed the directions?

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
See this is where my confusion comes in. You flashed Odin AFTER having the root exploit method and then followed the directions?

No flash is needed. Just moved the files over as directed. I had an issue that I had to fix. That is why I had to flash with Odin.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay I'll try it. Glad someone who did the one step exploit method had successful results. I'm prob going to wait on droidxcon for his "play by play" video.

allaboutnewphone

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
No flash is needed. Just moved the files over as directed. I had an issue that I had to fix. That is why I had to flash with Odin.

How do you move files over? Sorry I'm new to this and I have a hard time understanding or following directions from the original xda page with getting all apP's to multiview I don't know how to mount system to read/write. I need step by step.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc