Root and storage help.

jbomb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
So quick rundown. ..I rooted and had to Odin back to factory because it told me I needed to go to Verizon due to modifying the phone improperly or something like that.

My major complaint is with all of the bloat on the phone and the sd card storage issue. ..

I want to root and stay stock and be able to connect my phone usb so I can back up all my apps. I use awallet to store everything and have lost it all twice.

What's the best root method? I used a one click app but can't find it again. Then from there so I need to un lock the boot loader? Or can I root backup, uninstall boat, then stay that way with the backup there if need be?

Any help and resource recommendations for doing so would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So quick rundown. ..I rooted and had to Odin back to factory because it told me I needed to go to Verizon due to modifying the phone improperly or something like that.

My major complaint is with all of the bloat on the phone and the sd card storage issue. ..

I want to root and stay stock and be able to connect my phone usb so I can back up all my apps. I use awallet to store everything and have lost it all twice.

What's the best root method? I used a one click app but can't find it again. Then from there so I need to un lock the boot loader? Or can I root backup, uninstall boat, then stay that way with the backup there if need be?

Any help and resource recommendations for doing so would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

How did you root the first time

Rather how did you try to root

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you got a message on boot saying you need to take your phone to verizon for unauthorized software that wasn't rooting.

What did you do before you got that message?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

jbomb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I used a root apk from xda it was a one click method.

When I tried to do a system backup with rom manager and install clockwork I got that message...

Sorry big detail to leave out.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I used a root apk from xda it was a one click method.

When I tried to do a system backup with rom manager and install clockwork I got that message...

Sorry big detail to leave out.

Never use rom manager. It wasn't root that damaged your phone it was Rom manager. Use titanium backup instead. If you want a custom recovery you must unlock your bootloader first

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jbomb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Does custom recovery mean any bloat removal back up I make? Or are you talking like roms and stuff?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does custom recovery mean any bloat removal back up I make? Or are you talking like roms and stuff?

I am confused here as to what you mean but I am going to attempt to answer your question.

ROM Manager in my opinion is one of the biggest evils that has shown its ugly head. I am a huge proponent of doing it your self and doing it the right way first. ROM Manager is only good for flashing the newest version of CWM (and I wouldn't even recommend doing it that way either, should be flashed manually). Anything else you should not use it for. That included flashing ROMs, performing backups or anything else.

Custom Recovery is a system where you can access the actual "BIOS" of your phone if you want to look at it that way. You can flash custom ROMs/kernels/mods ect. However, do this is or to even flash a different recovery other than the stock one that comes on your phone from factory you need an unlocked bootloader.

Simply put. If you want to freeze or get rid of bloat, use Titanium Backup. Period.

jbomb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. So how do I create a back up that I can just flash to completely go back to stock root after I remove everything. The sole purpose being I decide to unroot for an update?

This sd card thing is killing me so that is another thing im hoping to work around....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton