Visit site
Chainfire says about the ExynosAbuse APK:
Features for non-rooters:
- Securely patch the exploit
Features for rooters:
- Root the device (SuperSU v0.99)
- Enable/disable the exploit at will
- Enable/disable patching the exploit at boot
- Unroot and cleanup (optionally leaving the exploit patch at boot in place)

However in the ExynosAbuse APK screenshot of the Unroot section of the application on xda at (xda-developers - View Single Post - [All in one]Stock ROM N7100 +How to Root N7100 & Reset counter+ much more) there appears to be no way to not leave the exploit patch at boot in place.

I want to be able to unroot and reuse the APK to regain root in the future and Chainfire says: "Also note that if [you] use the patch method without rooting, or keep patching the exploit at boot enabled when unrooting, you need an alternate method to re-root the device to disable this feature (like CF-Auto-Root) - you cannot use ExynosAbuse to do this since it patched the exploit."

Please advise.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Chainfire says about the ExynosAbuse APK:
Features for non-rooters:
- Securely patch the exploit
Features for rooters:
- Root the device (SuperSU v0.99)
- Enable/disable the exploit at will
- Enable/disable patching the exploit at boot
- Unroot and cleanup (optionally leaving the exploit patch at boot in place)

However in the ExynosAbuse APK screenshot of the Unroot section of the application on xda at (xda-developers - View Single Post - [All in one]Stock ROM N7100 +How to Root N7100 & Reset counter+ much more) there appears to be no way to not leave the exploit patch at boot in place.

I want to be able to unroot and reuse the APK to regain root in the future and Chainfire says: "Also note that if [you] use the patch method without rooting, or keep patching the exploit at boot enabled when unrooting, you need an alternate method to re-root the device to disable this feature (like CF-Auto-Root) - you cannot use ExynosAbuse to do this since it patched the exploit."

Please advise.

I don't understand your question because all you have to do is uncheck the exploit options. Then reboot to make sure they are still unchecked then unroot.

2nd that thread is not for the Verizon device so don't follow it. Flashing software that is not device specific could lead you in a world of paper weight.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand your question because all you have to do is uncheck the exploit options. Then reboot to make sure they are still unchecked then unroot.

2nd that thread is not for the Verizon device so don't follow it. Flashing software that is not device specific could lead you in a world of paper weight.

Are you saying Chainfire's thread, Dr. Ketan's thread or both are not applicable to the Verizon device? I thought there was a "one click" root applicable to Verizon and that ExynosAbuse APK was it. You're saying it's something else? Or doesn't exist for Verizon? I read about Chainfire's ExynosAbuse APK being a "one click root method" here in [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Unlock/Recovery/Rom the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers

Also is applying an APK a "flash" or are you using the term with regard to an .apk euphemistically?

Thanks.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying Chainfire's thread, Dr. Ketan's thread or both are not applicable to the Verizon device? I thought there was a "one click" root applicable to Verizon and that ExynosAbuse APK was it. You're saying it's something else? Or doesn't exist for Verizon? I read about Chainfire's ExynosAbuse APK being a "one click root method" here in [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Unlock/Recovery/Rom the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers

Also is applying an APK a "flash" or are you using the term with regard to an .apk euphemistically?

Thanks.

The apk is not flashing it is an exploit.

CF-auto root uses odin which is flashing. CF-auto root in the thread you posted above is for a different device. Which is different software.

Read this thread maybe it will clarify why the apk and the Odin flash are different.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2445989
[INFO] Rooting simplified + Term glossary

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't referring to [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Unlock/Recovery/Rom the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers for using CF-auto, but rather to the section 'Alternate One Click Root Method' which talks about how rooting for the Verizon Note 2 can be done by applying the ExynosAbuse APK.

I knew the difference between using an apk and flashing. If you thought that I was referring to using CF-auto, I can see why you warned about the dangers of flashing software that is not device specific. However I was only referring to using the ExynosAbuse APK.

I'm only doing the root now to be able use Titanium and freeze bloatware, I'm not interested in flashing at this point. I'd like to be able to reliably unroot without the patch in place if desired/required, but as I tried to make the point in my OP, the screens for the ExynosAbuse APK seem to imply that you can only unroot by leaving the patch in place. What you said about this makes sense, "all you have to do is uncheck the exploit options. Then reboot to make sure they are still unchecked then unroot". Thanks.

Last edited:

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Rooted and rolling with Titanium! Thanks.

(Thought for others: The ExynosAbuse APK exploit is a very low risk way to gain root to your phone now before the exploit is patched by Samsung or the carriers. This way you enable full system app+data backups via Titanium or other apps and the freezing of bloatware. Just doing this will not prevent over the air (OTA) updates if you want them according to the experts here and at xda. Of course if you're flashing away you may not even want the OTA updates.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1