nOOb request. Unlock/4.1.2/apps to SD/delete bloatware the easy way. Easier than that.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, nOOb here. Green nOOb. Not ashamed of it.

What I'd like to do is get 4.1.2 most of all. After that if it's not already included in 4.1.2 is to be able to move my apps to my SD card. Then be able to delete the bloatware included on the N2 because I don't use most of it.
I was going to practice this stuff on my ThunderBolt but I went by the Verizon store to look at the N2 and to my surprise my wife said "Get it". So I didn't wait for her to change her mind.

So if someone would please, I think the best way for me would be to get one of you Gurus/Mentors like DroidXcon and others to post the links, in order, to do this.

What I mean is like this...
Do this first...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...our-note-2-bootloader-let-thy-phone-free.html

Do this next... EDIT: Would this be CleanROM 3.5V or Jelly "Beans" 4?
"I don't know how to "flash a ROM", but I assume that is what I need to do to install 4.1.2 next."

Do this next... EDIT: I think this is part of 4.1.2. Is that correct?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...397-mod-switch-internal-external-storage.html

And finally...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve.../233805-list-vzw-gnote2-remove-bloatware.html

I think I'm pretty close here so if one of you guys could touch this up I might have the courage to try it.

By the way, I still have my ThunderBolt. My nine year old daughter uses it to play games and it gets WI-Fi off my router. Maybe I could practice on that first from the TBolt forum.
Anyway, thanks to all you guys who do the good stuff here. I'm a moderator on other forums (not phones) and have spent years helping nOObs get off the ground.
Rob

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK, nOOb here. Green nOOb. Not ashamed of it.

What I'd like to do is get 4.1.2 most of all. After that if it's not already included in 4.1.2 is to be able to move my apps to my SD card. Then be able to delete the bloatware included on the N2 because I don't use most of it.
I was going to practice this stuff on my ThunderBolt but I went by the Verizon store to look at the N2 and to my surprise my wife said "Get it". So I didn't wait for her to change her mind.

So if someone would please, I think the best way for me would be to get one of you Gurus/Mentors like DroidXcon and others to post the links, in order, to do this.

What I mean is like this...
Do this first...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...our-note-2-bootloader-let-thy-phone-free.html

Do this next...
"I don't know how to "flash a ROM", but I assume that is what I need to do to install 4.1.2 next."

Do this next...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...397-mod-switch-internal-external-storage.html

And finally...
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve.../233805-list-vzw-gnote2-remove-bloatware.html

I think I'm pretty close here so if one of you guys could touch this up I might have the courage to try it.

By the way, I still have my ThunderBolt. My nine year old daughter uses it to play games and it gets WI-Fi off my router. Maybe I could practice on that first from the TBolt forum.
Anyway, thanks to all you guys who do the good stuff here. I'm a moderator on other forums (not phones) and have spent years helping nOObs get off the ground.
Rob

Yeah I wanted to finish up the recovery thread and do some videos for tutorials. Then I was going to make a flow chart. On what steps to take depending on how indepth you want to get with modifying your phone. Tonight is NYE so im a little busy so if you are not in a rush that would give me some time to work on it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man. No rush at all. I'm munching out and have the fireworks ready. Enjoy your New Year's Eve and all the best to you.
Not too much technology here. In fact, just a few miles west of here they drop the opossum at midnight. LOL LOL
Rob

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man. No rush at all. I'm munching out and have the fireworks ready. Enjoy your New Year's Eve and all the best to you.
Not too much technology here. In fact, just a few miles west of here they drop the opossum at midnight. LOL LOL
Rob

Lol awesome. Happy new year!

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Spent most of last night and evening and all day today reading and watching videos.
I have CASUAL and SuckIt in a folder. I have BOOTLOADER BASELINE in another folder but it looks corrupted. I'll get that again.

Please see edits in first post...
Do this next... EDIT: Would this be CleanROM 3.5V or Jelly "Beans" 4?

Do this next... EDIT: I think this is part of 4.1.2. Is that correct?
[MOD] Switch Internal for External Storage

After we unlock the boot loader, I assume we are still on JB 4.1.1. Do we need to delete that before flashing another ROM, or just flash over it?

What happens when VZW pushes an OTA update if we are unlocked and rooted?

Thanks again,
Rob

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Spent most of last night and evening and all day today reading and watching videos.
I have CASUAL and SuckIt in a folder. I have BOOTLOADER BASELINE in another folder but it looks corrupted. I'll get that again.

Please see edits in first post...

After we unlock the boot loader, I assume we are still on JB 4.1.1. Do we need to delete that before flashing another ROM, or just flash over it?

What happens when VZW pushes an OTA update if we are unlocked and rooted?

Thanks again,
Rob

Just follow my instructions in the how to use recovery thread. And flash right over
Don't v worry about baseline package you most likely won't need it