05-18-2017 07:41 PM
73 123
tools
    Just one question, does my bootloader have to be unlocked for this to work or can I just be rooted.. Thanks
    Just rooted

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    kidnice15 likes this.
    04-07-2013 01:52 AM
    Thanks.. I am using tmobile on my note 2, Just not sure what apn settings I should be using for the note 2. I googled it and found 2 different settings, one for a LTE device and one for not.
    04-08-2013 09:23 PM
    I would double check to see if you made the correct edit to the file . Perhaps you didn't save the change

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    I am having the same issue of not seeing the option to add an APN after adding the script. At first I thought it was because I added the script at the bottom of build.prop (which put it where the Jelly Beans additions were since I'm using a Jelly Beans ROM). So then I removed it from that spot and wrote it in exactly where you do in the video. Even upon entering it there, saving and restarting, it still doesn't show the option to add APN when pressing menu.

I am currently in Turkey and have turned off my mobile data and roaming. I thought that may be another reason for it not working, but even upon opening up mobile data and global data roaming I still don't see it working.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    04-12-2013 05:56 AM
    I am having the same issue of not seeing the option to add an APN after adding the script. At first I thought it was because I added the script at the bottom of build.prop (which put it where the Jelly Beans additions were since I'm using a Jelly Beans ROM). So then I removed it from that spot and wrote it in exactly where you do in the video. Even upon entering it there, saving and restarting, it still doesn't show the option to add APN when pressing menu.

I am currently in Turkey and have turned off my mobile data and roaming. I thought that may be another reason for it not working, but even upon opening up mobile data and global data roaming I still don't see it working.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    So despite the above issue, i am able to use a Turkish sim card for data and calling, the APN automatically showed up upon sticking in the sim. I hope the VZW APNs pop up when I get back to the US and use my VZW sim :/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    04-12-2013 04:25 PM
    The latest VZW update for Note II (4.1.2) allows for the adding/editing of APN's. When Jelly Bean came out originally it didn't work but VZW business told me it was a bug and would be fixed in the next build.

Got the 4.1.2 pushed out to me last night from Verizon and now my Samsung Note II is fixed so you don't need the hack anymore, nor do you need to root the phone to use overseas SIMs. The ADD (+ ADD NEW ACCESS POINT) menu item shows up automatically now.

I was also told by Verizon that LTE/4G phones from Verizon are not locked which makes sense. They are blocked though (message is something like "cannot be used on this carrier) from connecting to US carriers (even on an overseas SIM). However, once you go overseas, it will work now with the APN fix.

The fix for the ability to add/change the APN for Samsung S3 is in the works. No ETA yet
    05-07-2013 12:41 PM
    The latest VZW update for Note II (4.1.2) allows for the adding/editing of APN's. When Jelly Bean came out originally it didn't work but VZW business told me it was a bug and would be fixed in the next build.

Got the 4.1.2 pushed out to me last night from Verizon and now my Samsung Note II is fixed so you don't need the hack anymore, nor do you need to root the phone to use overseas SIMs. The ADD (+ ADD NEW ACCESS POINT) menu item shows up automatically now.
    I see the option to add the new APN with 4.1.2 but its grayed out... meaning that although its there, when I click it, it doesn't allow a new APN to be added. Am I missing something?
    05-15-2013 08:22 AM
    I will spend 2 months in Europe this summer. All the plane and train tickets have been booked for all 13 countries that I'll be visiting.

The countries are as follows. Number in (#) indicates the number of nights spent in this country
    Listed in the order of arrival dates in each country.

UK (3) (arriving from the US)
    France (3) - train
    Germany (14) - train
    Belgium (2) - air
    Greece (3) - air
    Switzerland (11) - air
    Ireland (2) - air
    Finland (2) - air
    Sweden (7) - air
    Spain (4) - air
    Portugal (2) - train
    Czech Republic (2) - air
    Poland (2) - train
    Germany (5) - train

What's the best prepaid SIM(voice AND data) for me? Will I have have to change the APN setting 13 times?(each time I enter a different country)

Thanks!
    05-18-2013 05:33 PM
    Does this work on aosp ROMs?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    05-19-2013 04:18 PM
    Every time I add APN, when I change the mcc and mnc it deletes everything and doesnt load??????
    05-20-2013 12:43 PM
    Every time I add APN, when I change the mcc and mnc it deletes everything and doesnt load??????
    nevermind just dont change the mmc or mnc...lol!
    05-26-2013 09:51 PM
    I tried using the above method for Verizon Galaxy S3 but it is no working. Please let me know if somebody has done it successfully.
    05-27-2013 12:07 AM
    Once one comes back to the states and wants to go back to Verizon network, how does he do that? I am going to Italy at the end of this week for three weeks and when I will be back I would like to be back with Verizon. Thank you, Mauro
    06-03-2013 07:23 PM
    I have implemented the Rooting of Samsung S3 Verizon and the APN fix has also been done. It is showing Edge data connection. The data is working but is very slow.
    Does someone have any idea about LTE for T-Mobile ? It does not seem to pick 4G/LTE.

I tried using the above method for Verizon Galaxy S3 but it is no working. Please let me know if somebody has done it successfully.
    06-12-2013 05:55 PM
    This method worked for me. Thanks!
    06-12-2013 06:22 PM
    What different did you do when changing the apn on your gs3?
    08-06-2013 10:21 AM
    Thanx a mil very helpful, i work at a cellphone store in Jamaica Lime and i think i'm the only person now that can solve this probelm..
    08-23-2013 03:44 PM
    hello droid x con i need help the option to create a new apn shows up but when i make it it never save i have verizon note 2 roooted and have verizon note 2 prepaid i do not use a sim card any help is appreciated
    09-08-2013 01:55 PM
    Is there anyway to make it run on the 4g network instead of 2g for T-mobile?
    11-03-2013 09:43 PM
    I'd like to thank you for your contribution.
    The APN fix worked perfectly. As did the non Verizon SIM fix.

Truly appreciated.

Pikeypete.
    orangeinkspot likes this.
    12-03-2013 05:47 AM
    At first it appeared to work. It got rid of the Verizon APN data (which was locked), and I was able to add a new APN, but it won't save. I don't get an error message that says its not saving. I click the save button and it just doesn't save anything. Anybody else have this problem?

VZW Note 2 Rooted and Unlocked (stock ROM).
    12-05-2013 12:09 PM
    This is close to what I want to do with my Galaxy s2 SGH-i727. I can already create new APN, but I'm blocked from selecting it. ATT gophone APN is selected and cant be deselected or edited. I need to be able to access and delete the old APN if possible..??Any suggestions. Phone is now on Consumer Cellular and works except for MMS, which I believe I could fix if I could edit/switch APN.
    Norm

Thank you! Adding the APN edit lines allowed me to make and select the proper APN for Consumer Cellular!!
    12-29-2013 07:58 PM
    I have and uprooted verizon galaxy note 2 running android 4.3 with a straight talk sim and was able to enter new apn settings i think 4.3 unlocked it
    01-05-2014 03:52 PM
    Hello, Hey guys can some one please help me?
    so i bought a HTC Thounderbolt 4G verizon Phone and on the site they said that this phone will work for Pageplus even though it is a Verizon but now it won't work they said i would have to program it! i don't know what is that means. i am so new to the Android phone i have always had an Apple iPhones. :/
    01-14-2014 09:29 PM
    So I'm hoping someone can help me out because this is driving me crazy. Ive tried everything imaginable at this point and just had a few quick questions. So I have done the mod exactly as described with the following APN settings on my Verizon Galaxy s3:

Name: ATT PTA
    APN: pta
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    Multimedia message port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC:410
    Authentication type: None
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri

Ok so i save that. Mobile data is on. I set preferred network mode to LTE/WCMDA and under the second network mode I have MCDMA/GSM (auto connect) selected. And then I click on network operators and it finds AT&T which I am on so I select it. But, I have two huge problems. All that shows up is "E" signal at full bars (I know I get LTE here as I got it with my s4 before it sadly broke). But worse than that, I dont seem to actually be transferring any data out. I cant even text a picture (though this may possibly be because it takes so long it just times out).More frustrating is that under preferred network mode, no matter how much i select LTE/WCDMA it just shws up as WCDMA and as WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) under the second network mode selection. And even more frustrating, if I reboot, none of it sticks and I have to go through and reselect everything all over again.

Ive been messing with this forever now to no avail. Hopefully my detailed description will help someone point out what I'm messing up? Thanks to all in advance
    01-25-2014 05:14 PM
    This worked fine for the H9503 . Thank you very much!!!
    02-21-2014 06:12 AM
73 123