[MOD] Add APN editor to System Settings

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

[WARN]
Android Central, Adrynalyne,joderme,nor myself take any responsibility for any modification you make to your own phone. Even if your phone sprouts legs, steals your car ,uses your credit cards or sleeps with your girl. NOT OUR FAULT

Follow Directions carefully, ask if you need help and above all else never panic.
That being said, HAVE FUN!!​
[/WARN]​

APN editor Modification
"First and foremost, the VZW GN2 comes SIM unlocked out of the box. It is global ready and you can technically put in any SIM (assuming it is active) and not need an unlock code or the unlock method you have seen in other posts (AT&T or T-Mobile variants). This includes domestic carriers such as AT&T and T-mobile. Also voice should work without any changes, however, data will not work unless you add APN data. Verizon chose to only put their APN data on the phone and block the ability to add APN data via settings. Most likely so you use their global services to make more $$$." joderme
APNeditor_zps72cac02a-1_zps41d260ab.jpg

[TIP]
This Modification requires that your phone be rooted.
It would also be wise to make a copy of your build prop before attempting this modifcation in case you accidently change something. This can be done by opening build prop editor>menu button>create backup.
[/TIP]

Instructions:
[INFO]1)Go to market install BuildProp Editor
2)Once installed find and open Build Prop Editor
3)Hit the menu button and select Edit
4)Scroll to the bottom of screen and add the following lines
Code:
ril.sales_code=LOL
ro.csc.sales_code=LOL
5)Hit the save button at the top right hand corner of the screen(looks like a disk)
6)Once this is done saving restart the phone
7)After restarting go to Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Menu Button>+ New APN
8)Add desired carriers APN info, when finished hit menu button and save
9)Power down and change to your desired SIM card if you hadn't already done so
10)Power back on and go to Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks> Access Point Names (if done properly you should see the APN data you entered for your respective carrier).
11)Select the respective APN listing and then you should have working data
12)Congrats you can now natively add in any APN desired
13)Send me an email from abroad with some great pics :)

Here is a video for reference:
How to add Native APN editor to VZW Galaxy Note 2 - YouTube[/INFO]

Removing the Non-Verizon SIM message:
[INFO]
  • Find and Freeze "Setup wizard 1.0" in Titanium Backup

Titanium Backup
titaniumbak.png

Below is a flow chart demonstrating how to freeze and defrost apps, if you are not sure on how to do so.
MrFreeze.jpg
[/ [/INFO]

CREDITS
  • Adrynalyne and joderme for discovering and posting this modification (Original content can be found HERE)
  • imnuts for Removing non-VZW SIM nag

alistairs

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You guys are awsome! Was wondering the details on how to do this (didn't want to flash the whole build prop 'cos I'm on Cleanrom). Made my day. Thanks so much.

redhut360

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me... on galaxy note 2 like majic... i could not download the titanium back up pro so i used the BuildProp Editor method after i rooted the phone and it worked like majic. The add new apn menu was there just after adding that code and rebooting my device... Thanks

Dummyderrick

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I tried doing the APN adding, but now my apn list loads up blank. Help appreciated thanks!! I is there a way to remove the non Verizon sim without titanium pro?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi! I tried doing the APN adding, but now my apn list loads up blank. Help appreciated thanks!! I is there a way to remove the non Verizon sim without titanium pro?
what carrier sim are you trying to use? use a root explorer and rename setupwizard.apk to setupwizard.bak

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sure you know, but it's a Verizon gn2 I'm using it on Canadian Rogers network.
Are these the APN's you are using?
Data
Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
Password: wap
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
APN Type: default,supl
Everything else leave blank

MMS
Name: Rogers MMS
APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
MMSC: http://mms.grps.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MNC: 720
APN Type: mms
Everything else leave blank

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm sure you know, but it's a Verizon gn2 I'm using it on Canadian Rogers network.
if those dont work try these( remeber to reboot after entering apns)

Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, its already filled in, leave it at what it is)

Leave the rest blank. Now you Data should be working

MMS
Name: Rogers MMS
APN: media.com
Username: media
Password: mda01
Server: 172.25.0.107
MMSC :http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MNC: 72 (If that doesn't work try 720, its already filled in, leave it at what it is)
APN Type: mms

or

APN - ltemobile.apn
Proxy - <not set>
Port - <not set>
Username- <Not set>
Passwors - <not set>
Server < not set>
MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS - proxy 10.128.1.69
MMS - Port 80
MMS protocol - Wap 2.0
MCC - 302
MNC - 720
Aythentication type - < not set>
APN type - either "*" or "internet + mms" Should work

My previous post was a little messy.. NO passwords & NO usernames.

Dummyderrick

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded rom toolbox and am browsing thru the root files but can't find setupwiz

I found setupwiz under app in system. I changed it to Bak but still have non Verizon error after reboot.

Last edited:

Christian Fredrick

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this great solutions, however I tried every steps on my Samsung Galaxy SIII Verizon Unlocked, but the Buildprop Editor is giving me Failed to Save to Buildprop Error message...I'll like you to help me with this, Thank you...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for this great solutions, however I tried every steps on my Samsung Galaxy SIII Verizon Unlocked, but the Buildprop Editor is giving me Failed to Save to Buildprop Error message...I'll like you to help me with this, Thank you...

I'm sorry but if you noticed this is in the Galaxy note 2 not gs3 forums. Different devices.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk