[MOD] Infinite scroll touch wiz home screens

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Infinite scroll Touch Wiz home screens
So, with much research and patience, and of course assistance from kkoolpatz at XDA forums(Original content found HERE) and our very own Droidxcon, I wanted to point out a VERY easy way to add the ability to have the VZW home screens and App drawer to continuously scroll like our carrier brothers. It was something I loved from the ROMs but I wanted to stay stock and have that very feature. Well, here it is and its very easy if you are comfortable with file structure.

Warning: I am not responsible for any damage or errors to your phone. Do this at your own risk.
Preparation
You MUST be rooted and I recommend Root Explorer but would assume other file managers would work.
Instructions
1)Find the folder: /System/CSC/feature.xml and then tap the feature.xml which has a notepad logo next to it.
2)Tap it and a screen of text will open.
3)Scroll all the way to the bottom until you can Verify the following line:

Code:
<Cscfeature_Launcher_DisabledPageRotation>True</
For me it was the 3rd from the bottom.
IF it shows true, you are unable to continuously scroll.

5)With that confirmed, go back a screen to the list that shows the feature/xml and long press the feature.xml folder and select open in text editor.
6)It should open all the text and once again scroll to the bottom to find the above line.
7)Point the cursor to the TRUE and delete it.
8)Then simply add the word FALSE where true was deleted.

So it should look exactly like this:
Code:
 <Cscfeature_Launcher_DisabledPageRotation>False</
9)Exit out of the editor.
10)Reboot and you should now have a fully continuously scrolling home screen and app Drawer.
11)ENJOY!! :D:D
Feel free to ask any questions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2033894

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Great job. Thank you for the contribution this will be great for people who want to be as stock as possible. But still want this feature.

Please thank suds for his first write up.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Anurags156

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I dont seem to have the correct files that are required for rooting my gt-s7562.. I am not looking for romming my phone yet.. I am facing difficulties in rooting it.. I took the droidiser files but it gives the signature error.. Any chance i can get the correct files to get root access? Please help..

Posted via Android Central App

Angry Black Man

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
In Note 4 with lollipop don't exist the file features.xml

Ouch. Try renaming my attachment and putting it in there. Hopefully, your phone won't explode!

I signed up just to say that this was one of the biggest annoyances I've had with Touchwiz. But i had the REVERSE problem: I HATE WHEN IT SCROLLS INFINITELY! Using this, i was able to FORCE IT TO STOP SCROLLING INFINITELY!

Stupid fucking wanam doesn't work reliably on a lot of settings, this being one of the primary settings if fucks up on. Thank you!

Attachments

• feature.xml.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 10