I had to put the unextracted SuckIt file in Odin bootloader. It wouldn't take the extracted file. I ran Casual and when I clicked "start" in Odin I got a "failed" error. I remained calm and thought about it a while. Then I just started Odin again and all went well. Push SYSTEM reboot before you disconnect from USB. All my files, apps, pics and launchers are still there and everything is working properly so far.
    Thank you everyone for your dedicated work. Donations are on the way.
    Rob

Now on to the next terrifying steps. LOL
    01-13-2013 10:09 AM
    What should I do next?
    01-13-2013 10:13 AM
    I had to put the unextracted SuckIt file in Odin bootloader. It wouldn't take the extracted file. I ran Casual and when I clicked "start" in Odin I got a "failed" error. I remained calm and thought about it a while. Then I just started Odin again and all went well. Push SYSTEM reboot before you disconnect from USB. All my files, apps, pics and launchers are still there and everything is working properly so far.
    Thank you everyone for your dedicated work. Donations are on the way.
    Rob

Now on to the next terrifying steps. LOL
    Congrats. .What's the terrifying part?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    N2myN2 likes this.
    01-13-2013 10:15 AM
    Congrats. .What's the terrifying part?
    Doing something to screw up my phone. I have aging parents who may need me at any minute and I use this phone for my small business. As a matter of fact, just after I rebooted the phone after unlocking it, my wife called and said her oil pressure light was on in her car. She refuses to check her oil. I keep a bottle of oil in there next to the firewall. I told her how to pour a quart in so she could make it home. I depend on my phone in many ways.
    Thanks again X.
    Rob
    badbrad17 likes this.
    01-13-2013 10:35 AM
    Boot into recovery and make a backup, then flash a custom ROM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    N2myN2 likes this.
    01-13-2013 10:35 AM

Let me get rid of some of this adrenalin first. LOL
    msndrstood likes this.
    01-13-2013 10:41 AM
    OK, I feel better now. I guess I should do a Nandroid backup now because everything is working just like I want it to.

From TWRP Home menu
    1.)Select Backup
    2.)Select Backup Name
    3.)Name your backup (whatever you want, make it specific enough to know what it is when you want to restore)
    4.)After naming press Go from the onscreen keyboard
    5.)Tick the partitions to backup by selecting the boxes next to respective name (For the first backup It is recommended to check off system, data, boot, efs and modem. Subsequent backups for rom testing are system, data and boot.)
    6.)Select the storage location for backup by selecting the circle next to its respective name (Use External SD is recommended)
    7.)Swipe from left to right to confirm backup
    8.)When Backup is completed either press the on Screen home button in the lower left hand corner or select Reboot System
    Stand by. I'm going in. Hey, this stuff is addictive.
    01-13-2013 10:50 AM

^^^This it will save you in a pinch. Trust me the worst part is over. Messing with bootloader is the most dangerous part.

01-13-2013 11:26 AM
    Backup complete. Now I feel safe.
    Thanks again,
    Rob
    01-13-2013 12:09 PM
    What is exactly the difference if i check the box that says compression when doing a backup? Does it just reduce the file size?
    01-13-2013 03:56 PM
    Backup complete. Now I feel safe.
    Thanks again,
    Rob
    You should try to install jelly beans build 6... Im on it now and everything works really well. If you intrested check out this video it shows an overview of it and how to install it. It is build 3 in the video but everything is the same pretty much.

roberte1342 likes this.
    01-13-2013 04:00 PM
    What is exactly the difference if i check the box that says compression when doing a backup? Does it just reduce the file size?
    I think so but I never use it . Every time I use options like that I get silly errors when I try to reload

crl95 likes this.
    01-13-2013 04:46 PM