Cannot boot phone up after trying to run update

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
ok thanks. Im gonna try it. If not verizon is already sending me a replacement
If verizon is sending you a replacement you might as well just forget about all of this and start over on the new phone. Next time before you just go ahead and root because you can do it with the click of one button make sure you read everything and understand whats really going on. Also dont update things without checking that it wont mess anything else up.

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If verizon is sending you a replacement you might as well just forget about all of this and start over on the new phone. Next time before you just go ahead and root because you can do it with the click of one button make sure you read everything and understand whats really going on. Also dont update things without checking that it wont mess anything else up.
I have a unlocked and rooted nexus whih works fine. On the note i didnt even unlock the bootloader. just was reading and downloaded that xyenos app off of xda but never actually rooted it. This is why im confused on how it got locked out

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok got everything downloaded and unzipped and im in odin. Do i need to dl any samsung drivers or were the 2 files i downloaded all i need?

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a unlocked and rooted nexus whih works fine. On the note i didnt even unlock the bootloader. just was reading and downloaded that xyenos app off of xda but never actually rooted it. This is why im confused on how it got locked out
Either way if your getting a new note and have a nexus lying around might as well just use the nexus for a day or 2 while u wait

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok got everything downloaded and unzipped and im in odin. Do i need to dl any samsung drivers or were the 2 files i downloaded all i need?
Just ser if it connects first
Either way if your getting a new note and have a nexus lying around might as well just use the nexus for a day or 2 while u wait

I don't think he had a new one coming

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Just ser if it connects first

I don't think he had a new one coming

Actually yes verizon is sending me another phone. Would rather get mine working though. Have a few videos and pics i dont want to lose. (never bought a sd card)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually yes verizon is sending me another phone. Would rather get mine working though. Have a few videos and pics i dont want to lose. (never bought a sd card)

You won't get back data with that Odin file. It will erase all data. We can try another method but I doubt it will work

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This is probably not possible but is there a way to navigate the files on the phone on a computer and delete the code that puts that message up?

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
You won't get back data with that Odin file. It will erase all data. We can try another method but I doubt it will work

Very true forgot about that. One of the reps there said there is outside chance I would have to pay $299 if they find out the phone has been unlocked and rooted or i downloaded apps for files from any where but the google market. If I can get mine back working, would be better. I did have alot of apps on the phone that werent from the mkt.
i

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Very true forgot about that. One of the reps there said there is outside chance I would have to pay $299 if they find out the phone has been unlocked and rooted or i downloaded apps for files from any where but the google market. If I can get mine back working, would be better. I did have alot of apps on the phone that werent from the mkt.
i

You said your not rooted and your not unlocked so you should be fine. Also if they cared about downloading stuff from places other then the market they wouldn't have the option to do that on your phone so i dont think that part is true.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i

Forget about data?

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Its asking me to run the update again. Im guessing its not a good idea. Should I d/l the rootchecker and make sure im not rooted for some reason?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar