Restoring TWRP backup on new phone?

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Had to pick up a new Note 2 today and glad to see they didn't update it before giving it to me. Well got home and rooted/unlocked it. Everything smooth. Rebooted into recovery to restore my TWRP backup and they don't show up in the "Restore" menu. I can see them when I go into "Install" but nothing when I go into "restore".

What do I need to do to be able to restore my backup? Flash Beans and then restore?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When you go into recovery and hit restore button at the top there are two circles one says internal the other external. try pressing the circle and switching between them.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
When you go into recovery and hit restore button at the top there are two circles one says internal the other external. try pressing the circle and switching between them.

I tried :D Nothing in either of them. Says "Updating Partition Details" when I open the log.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The file location that you had your backup. Its possible you left it on the internal memory of the first device

gu3upu6y.jpg

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My backups are there just for some reason TWRP isn't seeing them. Might try doing a backup and see if that is seen.

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
That appears to have worked. Did a backup and it created a new folder. Moved my backups into that one and they are showing up. Doing a restore now.