I know that this update will break the exploit and all that but for future ones is there any point in doing them if you plan to go back to a custom rom after it? Like do they do anything to change hardware related stuff. Im not sure if that sounds stupid lol. I have a feeling it is pointless because a custom rom probably just canceled any of that stuff out but i could be wrong.
    01-20-2013 08:31 PM
    I know that this update will break the exploit and all that but for future ones is there any point in doing them if you plan to go back to a custom rom after it? Like do they do anything to change hardware related stuff. Im not sure if that sounds stupid lol. I have a feeling it is pointless because a custom rom probably just canceled any of that stuff out but i could be wrong.
    No point since the update only patches the exploit . Something that can be done with exynos abuse or flashing a kernel already patched

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    01-20-2013 08:35 PM
    No point since the update only patches the exploit . Something that can be done with exynos abuse or flashing a kernel already patched

No i understand that but i was asking more for future reference. Is there ever any types of OTA updates worth doing if you run a custom rom? Or will the custom rom itself just include the update the next time it is updated
    01-20-2013 08:38 PM
    No i understand that but i was asking more for future reference. Is there ever any types of OTA updates worth doing if you run a custom rom? Or will the custom rom itself just include the update the next time it is updated
    No point. Devs usually quickly update

crl95 likes this.
    01-20-2013 08:41 PM
    No point. Devs usually quickly update

Okay thanks thats what I figured. Sooner or later I will run out of questions to ask you haha. I really appreciate all your help!
    01-20-2013 08:43 PM