Paranoid Android rom

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had Paranoid Android working on their GNII? It was my favorite rom from my GNex, and it won't flash when I try in recovery. I've tried all 10 builds thy have been released.

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I did wipe everything even with the new link and it just didn't flash... It failed. I think it missed MD5 sum

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not 100% sure but with all CM based ROMs like PA, you need to use CWM to flash. Download the ROM Manager from the play store and flash the latest version of the recovery from that and try it. TWRP and CWM have different methods of storing and processing data so its very well possible that this is your problem. It's worth giving that a shot since TWRP would usually skip the MD5 check if there is nothing there to check.

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am not 100% sure but with all CM based ROMs like PA, you need to use CWM to flash. Download the ROM Manager from the play store and flash the latest version of the recovery from that and try it. TWRP and CWM have different methods of storing and processing data so its very well possible that this is your problem. It's worth giving that a shot since TWRP would usually skip the MD5 check if there is nothing there to check.
There is a box you can check when installing a rom in TWRP to check the MD5

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
There is a box you can check when installing a rom in TWRP to check the MD5

I know that but my point was CWN and TWRP store and process data differently and if the ROM is only set to run on one recovery then using a different won't work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I know that but my point was CWN and TWRP store and process data differently and if the ROM is only set to run on one recovery then using a different won't work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Ohh I understand thanks for the info