Not able to flash anything but what I already have.

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I am currently running JellyBeans 7th build. I have been wanting to try the CM10 and Paranoid Android Roms and cannot seem to flash them.
The error im getting in both TWRP and now that i've tried CWM Recovery is... "assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device) and a bunch of words like that. also it says error in external sd... then instal aborted.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

The one other thing that I have done is try a mod... that I put back to normal because i thought it could've messed something up. the link to the mod is.... How to Store Apps on SD Card with Rooted Galaxy Note 2! [App2SD MOD] | Galaxy Note 2 Root!

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am currently running JellyBeans 7th build. I have been wanting to try the CM10 and Paranoid Android Roms and cannot seem to flash them.
The error im getting in both TWRP and now that i've tried CWM Recovery is... "assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device) and a bunch of words like that. also it says error in external sd... then instal aborted.

The one other thing that I have done is try a mod... that I put back to normal because i thought it could've messed something up. the link to the mod is.... How to Store Apps on SD Card with Rooted Galaxy Note 2! [App2SD MOD] | Galaxy Note 2 Root!
Have you tried restoring to a nandroid backup or installing any other roms. I would try this so you know if its specific to that ROM... also i would take out ur SD card and try it without it in or if you have a spare put in a different one... lmk if you can flash any other roms

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Only thing I know is that you need the latest TWRP to flash paranoid android. So maybe the same holds true for CM10..?? I'm not sure about what would be up with CWM, I would imagine that it would install the latest version when you install it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

This happens when you are flashing a rom not meant for your device.

The rom checks your build prop (getprop is a command) if it does not verify you are on the correct build it will error out.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Check your build.prop with a file viewer (/system/build.prop) and note what it says in the appropriate line, then navigate usi g the file manager into the cm update.zip into the end of the meta folder and look for your updater script and see if the assert scripts match what your existing build prop show.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc