Beans 11 build

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So I just tried flashing Beans 11 build and it says that exchange has stopped working. Does this mean I can't have an exchange email acct in this build? I also can't post in the forum at xda site because im not a dev. So any answers would be great!! I'm just gonna restore back to CleanRom. FTW!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I just tried flashing Beans 11 build and it says that exchange has stopped working. Does this mean I can't have an exchange email acct in this build? I also can't post in the forum at xda site because im not a dev. So any answers would be great!! I'm just gonna restore back to CleanRom. FTW!!!

Before flashing did you wipe data and dalvik cache

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Before flashing did you wipe data and dalvik cache

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Yep. I flashed it per your directions given to me the other night. Dont get me wrong I'm happy with the CleanRom you suggested. Just wanted to check out/compare differences. Pretty proud of myself for the nandroid backup of CleanRom, flashing Beans 11, then restoring back to CleanRom when it wasnt working correctly. I must have had a good teacher!

Have you heard anything about the 11 Beans Build?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you come from CleanROM to Beans Build 11? If so, you have to do a full wipe => Factory Wipe/Cache Wipe/Dalvik Cache Wipe. Otherwise you are pretty much guaranteed to have issues.

I'm on Build 11, running Exchange with no issues. You can use your new flashing skills and give it another try!

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you come from CleanROM to Beans Build 11? If so, you have to do a full wipe => Factory Wipe/Cache Wipe/Dalvik Cache Wipe. Otherwise you are pretty much guaranteed to have issues.

I'm on Build 11, running Exchange with no issues. You can use your new flashing skills and give it another try!

Thanks for the heads up.

1. How did you answer the Exchange question in Aroma when you flashed?
2. Factory reset removes everything from the phone and you have to start over (ie, Apps, Accts, etc.)?
3. Do i wipe in the order you posted?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
1. How did you answer the Exchange question in Aroma when you flashed?

Just make sure you select the option WITH Exchange Security enabled. I'm not sure this is required, but that's what I went with and it works.

2. Factory reset removes everything from the phone and you have to start over (ie, Apps, Accts, etc.)?

Correct. Use Titanium Backup (or something similar) to back up your app data and restore them once you are back up and running on your new ROM. Don't backup or restore System Data, just do the app data for the apps you use (non-google apps, those will be restored automatically). There are links here on Android Central, like this one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ting-roms-hacks/192528-how-tibu-easy-way.html

that walk you through using TiBu. There is an app for backing up your text messages as well if you want/need to, I'm not sure what app it is, I never bother saving text messages. Your accounts for Gmail, Play Store, etc (anything Google-related) should be backed up automatically through Google anyway, other than Facebook and Twitter, which you will simply need to add again.

3. Do i wipe in the order you posted?

Yes. But check the ROM thread on XDA anyway, the developers always give you instructions on how to correctly flash the ROM.

Good luck, any questions ask away.

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Just make sure you select the option WITH Exchange Security enabled. I'm not sure this is required, but that's what I went with and it works.

Correct. Use Titanium Backup (or something similar) to back up your app data and restore them once you are back up and running on your new ROM. Don't backup or restore System Data, just do the app data for the apps you use (non-google apps, those will be restored automatically). There are links here on Android Central, like this one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ting-roms-hacks/192528-how-tibu-easy-way.html

that walk you through using TiBu. There is an app for backing up your text messages as well if you want/need to, I'm not sure what app it is, I never bother saving text messages. Your accounts for Gmail, Play Store, etc (anything Google-related) should be backed up automatically through Google anyway, other than Facebook and Twitter, which you will simply need to add again.

Yes. But check the ROM thread on XDA anyway, the developers always give you instructions on how to correctly flash the ROM.

Good luck, any questions ask away.

Thanks man! Will check it out at lunch.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So will the free version of TiBu do everything I need or should I get the Pro Key too?

You should be ok with the free version. But TiBu is a great app, so you may end up paying for the Pro version eventually anyway. I don't even remember what additional advantage you get, I purchased it so long ago I can't remember anymore!

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
So in the TiBu link above, The first thing it says is '2. Menu > Preferences > App processing mode > AUTO Direct (Should be this by default anyway)' I don't see this anywhere under menu. Help!!

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Were you able to figure things out?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I was able to find the option above. It does come as default. However the directions in the link I don't think have been updated in a while. There have been numerous versions pushed since originally posted. Its kind of difficult to follow. I think I figured it out but not 100% sure on it. Should I or shouldn't I back all my Apps? Not just the ones that have user data?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I was able to find the option above. It does come as default. However the directions in the link I don't think have been updated in a while. There have been numerous versions pushed since originally posted. Its kind of difficult to follow. I think I figured it out but not 100% sure on it. Should I or shouldn't I back all my Apps? Not just the ones that have user data?

Do all your apps but not any of the google apps. Google apps will get reloaded automatically when you flash the ROM.And don't do system data.

Sent from my SCH-I605

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Do all your apps but not any of the google apps. Google apps will get reloaded automatically when you flash the ROM.And don't do system data.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Sounds good running it now. Does Apex get backed up in itself? I dont wanna have to set up all my folders/screens/settings again. Only reason I asked is because it wasn't in my list of apps to be backed up.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good running it now. Does Apex get backed up in itself? I dont wanna have to set up all my folders/screens/settings again. Only reason I asked is because it wasn't in my list of apps to be backed up.

Apex has a setting that allows you to back up your Apex settings. I use Nova, so im not sure exactly where the setting is for apex but I know its there. In nova it's called backup and import.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Apex has a setting that allows you to back up your Apex settings. I use Nova, so im not sure exactly where the setting is for apex but I know its there. In nova it's called backup and import.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. It's there, I've gotten it back up. It suck that it doesn't save any of the widgets. Pretty bogus. But I believe that my widgets in Zooper are actually backed up through TiBu correct?