Beans 11 build

One_Angry_Panda

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I believe that is correct.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

So funny story. Went through everything. Restored from TiBu, restored the XML's, restored from Apex, and replaced my widgets. I was looking at it and was thinking "Damn this is pretty awesome!". Went to answer my desk phone and the phone locked. Couldn't unlock my phone because I forgot to disable the ripple effect and changed the lock screen to the AOSP one. Definitely need mor coffeeeeee!

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So funny story. Went through everything. Restored from TiBu, restored the XML's, restored from Apex, and replaced my widgets. I was looking at it and was thinking "Damn this is pretty awesome!". Went to answer my desk phone and the phone locked. Couldn't unlock my phone because I forgot to disable the ripple effect and changed the lock screen to the AOSP one. Definitely need mor coffeeeeee!

Tell that person who called never to bother you when doing a restore! Geez! Glad you got everything all worked out.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
To this topic... I have a quick quesiton or should I say, YOUR recommendation...

1. I have a rooted OG GNex, Backed up with TiBu
2. I'm waiting on my GNote 2 (ETA tomorrow) to come in..
3. My intention is to throw a 32Gb SD card in it, Root & Install Beans 11
4. My question is...Given the new platfrom, should I just REINSTALL all my apps and not worry about the content & settings, or do a RESTORE of the Apps from TiBu..?

Thoughts...? and thanks for your input...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
To this topic... I have a quick quesiton or should I say, YOUR recommendation...

1. I have a rooted OG GNex, Backed up with TiBu
2. I'm waiting on my GNote 2 (ETA tomorrow) to come in..
3. My intention is to throw a 32Gb SD card in it, Root & Install Beans 11
4. My question is...Given the new platfrom, should I just REINSTALL all my apps and not worry about the content & settings, or do a RESTORE of the Apps from TiBu..?

Thoughts...? and thanks for your input...

Do "missing apps +data". If it crashes you can simply boot into recovery and Wipe data and then restore apps individually.

Also remember if you are using Verizon note 2 you need to unlock bootloader

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
DrodX... Thank you for the reply....

I think the save bet might be for me to just take screenshots of my "settings" and reinstall the apps from scratch.

Yes, thank you for the reminder about the bootloader unlock as well... I have done this in the past with my GNex. I'm sure there's new revised unlock bootloader apps for the NOTE2. I'll have to do a search on that a bit later... unless you guys have a direct URL for the Verizon Note2 handy...?

Thanks again... Rick

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
DrodX... Thank you for the reply....

I think the save bet might be for me to just take screenshots of my "settings" and reinstall the apps from scratch.

Yes, thank you for the reminder about the bootloader unlock as well... I have done this in the past with my GNex. I'm sure there's new revised unlock bootloader apps for the NOTE2. I'll have to do a search on that a bit later... unless you guys have a direct URL for the Verizon Note2 handy...?

Thanks again... Rick

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...our-note-2-bootloader-let-thy-phone-free.html

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you... Thank you...!!

Now I just have to make a decision on what kernel... Not really interested in overclocking, just the battery life..

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you... Thank you...!!

Now I just have to make a decision on what kernel... Not really interested in overclocking, just the battery life..

BeansROM uses Aroma installer, which lets you choose different options to install, including kernels. Stock Kernel on BeansROM has been good for me, but give the others a try and see what works best for you.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay.. Just got the phone in and it has a baseband version of I605VRALL4 ... The link that you provide me has the firmware at VRALJB. Do I have to download or backdate the ROM first...?

Thoughts...

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay.. Just got the phone in and it has a baseband version of I605VRALL4 ... The link that you provide me has the firmware at VRALJB. Do I have to download or backdate the ROM first...?

Thoughts...

Nope, you should be fine. The BeansROM is based on I605VRALL4.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm.... NOt sure what the issue is here....

Here is the error message that I get

Executing Root Exploit.
[!] Error mmap: Invalid argument|00000004

Your device should be rooted. If you have upgraded past VRALJB firmware the exploit may not function properly.
CASUAL requires a reboot because we look at the memory logs after the device boots to verify proper bootloader version.
rebooting...
[x]Ready for exploit
/system/bin/sh: su: not found

noroot
DEVICE IS NOT ROOTED! ROOT YOUR DEVICE! Install any VRALJB ROM --Adam Outler

mkdir failed for /data/local/tmp, File exists

Pushing dependencies
Pushing su binary...
4491 KB/s (91980 bytes in 0.020s)Pushing SuperSU app...
5725 KB/s (996704 bytes in 0.170s)Pushing Exynos-Abuse exploit
6286 KB/s (64373 bytes in 0.010s)Pushing root script
35 KB/s (361 bytes in 0.010s)Pushing Busybox
5699 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.320s)Pushing viewmem
5 KB/s (5417 bytes in 1.000s)Pushing raw exploit code
0 KB/s (56 bytes in 1.000s)Setting Permissions....
Executing Root Exploit.
[!] Error mmap: Invalid argument|00000004

Your device should be rooted. If you have upgraded past VRALJB firmware the exploit may not function properly.
CASUAL requires a reboot because we look at the memory logs after the device boots to verify proper bootloader version.
rebooting...
[x]Ready for exploit
/system/bin/sh: su: not found

noroot
DEVICE IS NOT ROOTED! ROOT YOUR DEVICE! Install any VRALJB ROM --Adam Outler

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm an IT Person as well...and followed the directions to the letter... I'll be happy to take this offline if you think you can help me... I don't want the thread to become a troubleshooting session...

Just thinking out for others...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm an IT Person as well...and followed the directions to the letter... I'll be happy to take this offline if you think you can help me... I don't want the thread to become a troubleshooting session...

Just thinking out for others...

Was your device rooted before you started the process

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing... I "Don't Believe so" ...I picked it up used and tried installing TiBu that requires root access and it told me that it doesn't have Root Permissions... so I'm "Assuming" not...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing... I "Don't Believe so" ...I picked it up used and tried installing TiBu that requires root access and it told me that it doesn't have Root Permissions... so I'm "Assuming" not...

You stated over and it did the same thing again?

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Trying that now... I found on XDA another version of Casual and tried that...and was able to get past the error...

Now... The phone shows "Downloading" Do not turn off target !! and has been sitting there for about 8 mins.. Thoughts...?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance